GTE Pack Released

The stream was live for at least an hour, plagued with embarrassing issues throughout. Apparently they either don't have VODs enabled or they decided it would be better to not leave it available for later viewing (a wise choice in my opinion, if that's the case).

There is literally nothing there. Has this stream been cancelled or is the re-run not uploaded yet?
Since literally nothing went according plan and a lot of technical difficulties I guess the stream stays in to the safe of S397 :p. I watched it with a half eye (and the other eye on Eurosport for LM) and with what I’ve seen it looks very promising. Hopefully they do a new introduction session with all technical difficulties smoothed out.

For those who haven’t seen it. There where a lot of audio problems, which led to a server restart and new difficulties which I didn’t payed attention enough to remember what it was.

The release of the pack will be tomorrow, probably around noon CEST.

If you follow some links from SteamDB you can indeed already get to a page where you can buy the pack. We're aware of that and it's a limitation of Steam. The actual cars will be uploaded tomorrow, so you can look at this link as a way to pre-order.

And yes, this evening was one of those days. We practiced this event several times, and still Murphy was particularly active during our live broadcast. Let's just say it was a bit hilarious seeing Rene talk, but not hearing him, while we were trying to tell him his microphone was off. And on such evenings, you then also encounter a problem in Windows as well as this weird bug that had to show up exactly when we wanted to start a live race. Anyway, we learned, we hope you still enjoyed the show. Have a great weekend! :)

Thank you guys for the work and especially the decision to move forward to expand into the WEC series with a series of cars.

The pack was an insta-buy for me just to support you guys although I barely use rF2 these days (Assetto Corsa is my main sim, taking up 99% of my sim racing time).

I truly wish for you guys to have the biggest success making rF2 into the bold competitor in sim racing where it can hold it's niche for endurance GT racing - it has all the ingredients.

Please bring on more content to further complete current and future WEC cars and tracks.
It would be amazing if you could focus next on one of the race tracks that is used in the WEC season but has so far little or inadequate coverage from other racing sims.

I am thinking specifically Shanghai International Circuit here ;-)

As the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione is squarely set on the Blancpain license the move forward to WEC cars is just brilliant and a complete field of these cars and the missing tracks would be just awesome.

Pair this with a complete overhaul of the UI (I wish you could just throw it all away, partner up with Ilya from Content Manager and create a logical, feature rich and expandable user interface as he did for Assetto Corsa), then rF2 would very likely see a lot of track time for me.

The 2 main reasons for my lack of rF2 use thus far are:
1. lack of content
(the GT3 pack and now the GTE pack go A LOOOONG way into fixing this)

2. frustrating user interface combined with long loading times
(I cringe every time I have to select a car or - forbid - trying to create a custom field of cars to race against in the medievil drop down - scroll forever - tiny window menu system)
Content Manager for Assetto Corsa is pure perfection compared to this and has in sim racing the most flexible experience to create racing events, save them as presets even down to the individual liveries and handicaps for each individual AI driver.

Very simple ...for me this is a ...

aeY5Ylm.png
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you guys for the work and especially the decision to move forward to expand into the WEC series with a series of cars.

The pack was an insta-buy for me just to support you guys although I barely use rF2 these days (Assetto Corsa is my main sim, taking up 99% of my sim racing time).

I truly wish for you guys to have the biggest success making rF2 into the bold competitor in sim racing where it can hold it's niche for endurance GT racing - it has all the ingredients.

Please bring on more content to further complete current and future WEC cars and tracks.
It would be amazing if you could focus next on one of the race tracks that is used in the WEC season but has so far little or inadequate coverage from other racing sims.

I am thinking specifically Shanghai International Circuit here ;-)

As the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione is squarely set on the Blancpain license the move forward to WEC cars is just brilliant and a complete field of these cars and the missing tracks would be just awesome.

Pair this with a complete overhaul of the UI (I wish you could just throw it all away, partner up with Ilya from Content Manager and create a logical, feature rich and expandable user interface as he did for Assetto Corsa), then rF2 would very likely see a lot of track time for me.

The 2 main reasons for my lack of rF2 use thus far are:
1. lack of content
(the GT3 pack and now the GTE pack go A LOOOONG way into fixing this)

2. frustrating user interface combined with long loading times
(I cringe every time I have to select a car or - forbid - trying to create a custom field of cars to race against in the medievil drop down - scroll forever - tiny window menu system)
Content Manager for Assetto Corsa is pure perfection compared to this and has in sim racing the most flexible experience to create racing events, save them as presets even down to the individual liveries and handicaps for each individual AI driver.

The UI is being worked on since ages now for rF2 and will get a complete overhaul, so I guess they will not scrap it. I think it will also offer quite a bit more functionality than what we have now to work with the competition infrastructure and something that I am really looking forward - integrated Motec support. So I guess they are on the right path :)

The UI is being worked on since ages now for rF2 and will get a complete overhaul, so I guess they will not scrap it. I think it will also offer quite a bit more functionality than what we have now to work with the competition infrastructure and something that I am really looking forward - integrated Motec support. So I guess they are on the right path :)
giphy.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back