The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT GTC65
Class: Jaguar E-Type / Ferrari 275 GTB
Track: Silverstone 88
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must use a different car in each race
Note3: Default skins only

Right first things first, Stu great car combo and the track, well it's Silverstone, what more has to be said.

Race 1: in the Ferrari and a great start but messed up a few corners in and lost some places. Managed to get some back as first Stu spun at the last chicane and then Carlos had a major off at T1. This left me in second so I pushed for a bit but couldn't make any inroads into Knut, too fast man. As the race progressed I was starting to feel a bit lonely and saw Carlos was about 11 secs behind me. I slowed down so he could catch me up but noticed in my rear view he had another off at T1. Well I thought that plan was out the window so started to push on again. Half way round the lap I noticed that Carlos was still in 3rd and only 8 or so secs behind. I waited again and he showed up this time so now I had company. Now as there were only a few laps left I had no intention of letting go of second but lost the Ferrari on one of the corners and Carlos got by. So to answer your qustion Carlos, it was all you. Still in third and crossed the line.

Race 2: in the E-Type and really liked this car althought the Ferrari isn't bad either. Another great start and got by Manuel but he was very close behind. We duked it out for a couple of corners until we headed into the chicane at the end of the lap where I promptly lost it. Did the same on the next lap and was now last. Got myself back together again and put in some quick laps and finally got back to 3rd place due to Tom spining of at that dreaded chicane.

Again the enjoyment factor was sky high and although the field was small there was some great racing in parts. Thanks again to Stu for another fun filled night of racing, RD and all those that showed up, well done. Grts to all podium finishers. See you all next time in the GTL park.

I wish I would have known that you had slowed down to keep me company Bob, if I had known I wouldn't have passed you. That's like giving someone a ride home and halfway through the trip they kick u out and keep your car lol.

haha lol diaz.

so for my report.
this was my second GTL race at RD and I'm going to love these cars.
Hope there will be some place for me in the league then. :p

quali 1:
I started with the ferrari which was much more difficult to drive in my opinion.
Didn't had a good setup and lost the car in the final chicane. 2nd last.

race 1:
had a decent start and followed the crowd. But I spun to much and at the end
I ended where I started.

quali 2:
the jag was much more gentle to drive and much faster. I managed to do a low 43 and was just second.

race 2:
Had not so a good start and lost one or two positions. Had a great fight with Tom for quite a time.
A lot of side by side racing trough the corners. Of course this slowed us down and so Stu could drive away and
Knut was getting closer. I didn't managed to overtake Tom and then Knut got me. So I tried to follow Knut.
Then I tried to overtake Tom again and I think I pushed him a little wide. Sorry for that. Knut a little bit later spun and I gained his position (didn't disturb at all knut). I was second and about 14s behind Stu. I managed to do some fast laps and at the end I was 7s behind Stu.

Great racing there guys. enjoyed it very very much.

Thanks all and RD for this.

Sorry for not showing up, it simply wasn't possible, I had a very busy day at work and I got home just as event started :(
I knew that this combination will give a lot of fun I made a few laps with Ferrari and it was really great it's a shame I couldn't take part.

race 2:
I was second and about 14s behind Stu. I managed to do some fast laps and at the end I was 7s behind Stu.
Yes you certainly did :thumbup:

Because I had that cushion, I was just trying to take things easy and not fall off the road without slowing too much, but you put in some real quickies in there Manuel, and I had to concentrate harder than I would have liked to for those last couple of laps.

Basically you had got the gap down to essentially one spin and recovery, so I couldn't make any errors at all. Proper good stuff. :biggrin:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 79 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 59 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.3%