GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 8 @ Vayline - Tue 23rd July 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download when your name appears on the entry list after signing up
Track: Vayline international Raceway 2.776Km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 20 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 20 laps )
  1. CLUB RACING RULES for GTL
  2. Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
  3. If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use #53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
  4. Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
  5. We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See HERE how to switch lobby
  6. We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
  7. If you have no sound in your game you need this HERE
How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

RD Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Mark Birney #53
  4. Martin Maaskant #550
  5. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  6. Warren Schembri #23
  7. Hans Sneep #63
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Good fun as usual! It's a bit of a shame so few turned up as Rupe saved an excellent track for last. It is very nicely made with lots of attention to details, and really deserved a bigger crowd! But with this unusually sunny weather over Northern Europe :cool: (Finally!) and Summer Holidays going on, what can you do...

I had good fun nonetheless. For race 1, I had made some radical setup changes to fight the massive understeer, but those turned out to be a bit too much for my own good. Q1 still was fine, as I managed 2nd place behind Martin.
I had a good Race 1 start, beating Martin to the 1st corner so ran in the lead for most of the race, with him right on my tail as he kept the pressure full on.:)
I did however underestimate the influence of tyre wear as around lap 15 my car started sliding a lot more, a slight error let Martin pass me and nothing I could do after that as my laps were over a second slower than before.. So Grats to Martin for a well-deserved win and a very impressive GTL Club debut (AFAIK?):thumbsup:

For Race 2 I decided to tone down my setup a bit to extend front tyre life. In Q2 I managed pole as Martin didn't get a clean lap in. R2 start was pretty good again, an I could quickly build a small gap to Warren and Mark who seemed to keep each other busy. Later on in the race I noticed Mark closing in a bit, but then he dropped out of the game an I had a rather lonely drive to the finish.

That way I won the final race of this series:) , after also winning one in the first event.. And all the races inbetween, well.., I didn't win..:D
But I absolutely had a blast. This series showed me that FWD cars actually can be much more fun than I thought possible!
So I'll say "Thanks!" to everyone who competed in this series for some top class entertainment and especially to those who stuck around all the way!:thumbsup:

And I'd like to express my gratitude to Rupe for setting up this series, spending countless hours preparing, testing and skinmaking. Thanks mate, without your dedication this would not have happened! :notworthy::notworthy: I only wish you will be your old self again soon and able to enjoy this again as much as we do.

I'll be away from racing for the next 3 weeks, as my wife just won't let me bring my racing wheel on holidays :laugh: so I hope CYA again at the Zandvoort endurance event.

Was good fun as usual and also a good track (as usual).

Race 1 - Went well but had two spins at the first corner in the middle of the race. Because of that I just tried to keep things simple but just towards the end of the race, I realised that I wasnt braking hard enough in that corner. Finished 3rd

Race 2 - Started second and got off to an ok start but I was too nervous for the first two laps and made small mistakes that costed me time and positions. Was behind Mark and Martin for a few laps before they both spun or hit the wall causing them to lose time and position. Was now second and about 7 seconds behind Roland. Managed to get it down around 5/7 seconds and was keeping up for a few laps but then did something stupid (as usual) and was trying to compare my lap time with Rolands as I past line which caused me to spin. Did not lose position as I was around 20 seconds ahead of 3rd but was no longer able to keep up with Roland. With 5 laps to go, my tyres were starting to struggle and with no chance of catching Roland just tried to keep things simple. Of course, in comes another mistake and with 3 laps to go, spun at the left turn at the top of the hill. Lost a position to Martin (I think it was Martin anyway) and was thinking of well, third position it will be. All of a sudden, I see this smoke from out of nowhere on the track and going full throttle, I just missed Martin at the very last moment so back into second position. Managed to keep it nice and steady and finished 2nd.

So my results were 3rd and 2nd overall which I'm quite happy about and even more happy about having the fastest lap in race 2.

Special thanks again to Rupe for everything that you did (and continue to do) in organising and managing this event. From the testing and skin making but also ensuring that everyone races in the spirit that we want everyone to race with :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back