• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

GTC-65 @ Zolder - Sat 21st June 2008

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Andy Marsden, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +108
    i'm gonna take an elan, too :)
    thank you :)

2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    Please note that I have changed the original Race condition to remove the mandatory pit-stop, since it has caused some drivers problems recently.

3. Boss X

Boss X

Ratings:
    +0
    me taking part in an Elan or Austin Healey.

4. Jerome Benard

Jerome Benard

Ratings:
    +0
    I take the funny french car => Renault Alpine A110 :jumping:

5. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,565
    I´d like to join please :)

Mercedes for me.

6. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,565
    Darn. Was really confident for a good result, since I had a 10 second lead by lap 12 after a really tight battle with warren. That was amazing. However, after leading 2 or 3 laps then, my tires were down and I never could recover. Especially first corner got a real problem and I spun several times.
    Disappointment left me giving up in the end. :o

7. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +108
    i had a great pace and started from pole.
    then i could get along quite fast and got a 8 sec. gap.
    then my stick shift didnt really work anymore and i often shifted into gear 1 when i wanted to shift into gear 3.
    that caused about 5 spins till i gave up.

8. Jerome Benard

Jerome Benard

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all, many errors for me but a good battle to came back every time.

See you next all and invite more people to come because GTL races are very funny.

:)

9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    That was an unusual race, more of a mistake-athon I think :circuitzolder:. It's a tricky track at Zolder but very much fun to drive.

I qualified P2 behind a speedy Kevin, about the best I had expected.
    Off the line I was jumped by a surprising Tobias in the E Type, and we had a very big battle for the first few laps, but this allowed Kevin to skip away a bit. I eventually broke away slightly from Tobias, and thought I was holding the gap behind Kevin. Then Kevin went off on the early sweeping left hander, letting me get the lead. After a couple of small boo boo's, Tobias grabbed me again, and he and I swapped places regularly in a terrific scrap for many laps. It was funny, his Jag would be faster in some parts of the track, but my Lotus was quicker in others. Great stuff.
    As we were fighting side by side, I hit the gas too hard exiting the final chicane, and she started to slide. As I frantically tried to correct it, I wobbled back and forth up the straight for a bit, until I inevitably slammed it into the wall. :homer: :homer: :ambulance:
    Tobias had cleared off now, so I settled down to drive for P2. About mid race I saw the Jag in front and obviously having problems (tyres lol), and as I closed in, Tobias slid off again. letting me through. I was expecting our battle to resume again, but he kept dropping back, so the tyres must have been shot.
    The rest of the race was lonely as I pulled away to eventually take the win (I don't get many of these :D )

Another small field, suppose everyone was watching soccer, but hope it was fun for those who raced. Thanks. :thumb:

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
  11. Gaynall Hudgins

Gaynall Hudgins

Ratings:
    +0
    Great pix, Warren!:thumb: Didn't have the pace of the rest of you, so just ran a steady race, tring to make the tires last. Didn't have to pit, but they were gone at the end.

Can someone upload the reply? Mine is missing a few cars. Kevin, when you caught back up to me a couple of times, you were lagging to me, was even in my car the second time. Don't know if it was you or me. Everyone else was fine to me. Was I lagging to anyone?

Great fun as always! Congrats to the podium, 'till next race!:)

12. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep

Ratings:
    +868
    4't on the grid was not that bat for me,stay behind Broxman but not keep up with him ,try to push more but that cost me a few spins,try to get stable race- pace but the tires worn out so I slip Somme more get 2 s/g pen. take them and set me beck a lap but in 5't place. In lap 26 I get s/g 3 well I was 1 lap behind so I think race is over in lap 29 for me and dit take the stop and go big mistake I get a discul. stupid of me so a little disappointment but overall I have anice time. Congrats Warren ( nice pics Thanks)

Se you all on Warwick, Hans

13. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +861
    Oh man! I totally forgot it collided with the EC match of Holland... Really sorry I missed this without giving notice.

Glad to see you had a good time though. Pics look good! :D

14. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Apologies for missing this one, had a bit of a family emergency on Friday night which had me running back up to Leicester. Got back today, all's well, see you all at Warwick Farm on Sunday.

Simon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.