AMS2 GT4 World Series Round 3 @ jacarepagua, Tuesday 7 March 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Here is mine.... I'm still sorting out the wiring whilst I figure out the mounting for my flight stick, haptics and PS5....

AMWts8D1Dq8Datj4-mcr5p3wkIa3ayXUQGurnjZelWs3ekkABQiqUFgHTeNZxEyHCmRkNvJyZSP5W5KrjhlD5x-JFa75Zqw3eifqVlCmGHcY-0DLaGa1npot_SEaILd4CeI08oERuo6G8G14vHnbWtSMQbN4=w2778-h2081-no

From this angle I can see I need to dust the PC case! :D

Now I'm starting to feel inadequate compared to all your rigs.
Do the locks on your chair work well enough to stop you moving back?

I'm guess those four devices on each corner are some kind of tactile/haptic @Eric S? If so, what kind are they and what amp do you use? I'm currently using a buttkicker under my seat and have some dayton pucks on my brake and gas pedal - although I only really use the brake one

Do the locks on your chair work well enough to stop you moving back?

I'm guess those four devices on each corner are some kind of tactile/haptic @Eric S? If so, what kind are they and what amp do you use? I'm currently using a buttkicker under my seat and have some dayton pucks on my brake and gas pedal - although I only really use the brake one
That is correct. 4 transducers in combination with the (in)famous nobsound (2 pieces) amplifiers. I like those a lot! Really helps with the inmersion. From Amazon

BassPump III 4 Ohm​

1. BassPump III 4 Ohm

Here is mine,

Recently upgraded with the motion platform and always driving in VR.
View attachment 645641View attachment 645642
View attachment 645643
View attachment 645644View attachment 645645

Nice, I have the older version of the NLR motion platform. (v3) with the same rig frame and a butt kicker mounted on the back. My issue has always been it makes the driving position a little high for me (ike I am driving a van.) as the motion mover raises the seat by a good 6 inches. I would like to find a way to raise the pedals but the cockpit doesn't really allow for that adjustment.

This is one of the reasons I'm sticking with simple weather on anything I'm running. I can never quite guess the headroom I need for the different conditions. Rain seems ok, but poor lighting seems to be an absolute killer. Fortunately, I had given myself about 5ms clearance as I was mucking around with a night to day historic Bathurst yesterday and thankfully forgot to change the settings back
Yeah it caught me out. I had pushed everything up to the limit with the standard weather, just getting 90FPS with other cars on the track and my GPU was at 97%. So I left no overhead at all. Another lesson learnt about this game :). This game looks so good in VR but I need to understand how to make it run better. I came from only racing in the AC club where I never had to consider performance before in VR.

Once again, My apologies for the **** weather. I had it set to light cloud - random - clear, and the random was the worst of times. I actually found it hard to see in the low light and made many mistakes braking into corners that were no longer where I left them the lap before. I have a Rift S and use every hack known to man to get it to stay around 80fps with my 1660Ti. But I think I was dropping to 40fps with the AWS as the image was a bit poor for a lot of the race. Next week will be one weather setting and Dusk will be as far as we get at the race end.

Also, for those who won't use Discord, it's on you to know where the server is at. I wasn't the Host of the server last night and the person who was was unaware that clicking continue moved us straight to the 2 minute countdown after the end of QLY. I always remind people towards the end of Qly to sort their setups as we will be moving to the race straight after the end of Qly.

Well, if it helps make you feel better, this is what it looked like at the start of last year:

AMWts8AJo1IKEQgKUUc0todZdhxIP18KEFG5wU7rjOXJAbX3vgAWuCCS_gBsfcJGQATfmne8UeAl6Z03tp96D07gr04N3pfhvhPbKkjqX71EN2hHIaPB9Amyd6QC2aoKPznal9svGbfo0mwnOIK575uzDhlL=w3403-h2109-no

It was all a bit wonky as it was the result of a mad alcohol fulled moment during Christmas Eve.... fortunately I still have all my fingers....
Yes, had to buy some locking wheels from amazon as the standard wheels didn't have any. Seems to work OK but doesn't compare with a purpose made rig. One day maybe.

I went from an Ikea chair and a wonky old desk to a NLR F-GT rig - which was quite reasonble for the price. Just having solid brakes make the most difference, and being able to have a lay-back F1 type position really helps.
Two SHH shifters: left is an older one I use for sequential and the red one is my newer H gate shifter.

IMG_20230308_153203.jpg

I went from an Ikea chair and a wonky old desk to a NLR F-GT rig - which was quite reasonble for the price. Just having solid brakes make the most difference, and being able to have a lay-back F1 type position really helps.
Two SHH shifters: left is an older one I use for sequential and the red one is my newer H gate shifter.

View attachment 645707
Is that an original Evel Knievel ?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%