AC GT4 @ Donnington Park 2018 - Wednesday June 5 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 6/5 for some fun club racing!
Hey guys, I just became a premium member, and I am replying on this thread because I wish to join you 6/5 21:00. At 9:00 do I just search "Racedepartment" in the server list and then put in the password? As well as joining teamspeak. Also I have my real name hear and in team speak, how do I get that to show in AC?
Thank you,
Rob Strobel

P.S. I found the "online name" in Content Manager

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 6/5 for some fun club racing!
Hey guys, I just became a premium member, and I am replying on this thread because I wish to join you 6/5 21:00. At 9:00 do I just search "Racedepartment" in the server list and then put in the password? As well as joining teamspeak. Also I have my real name hear and in team speak, how do I get that to show in AC?
Thank you,
Rob Strobel

P.S. I found the "online name" in Content Manager
Sounds like you've got it covered. As far as the server you are correct just search Racedepartment and when you see the GT4 server, punch in that password and you're golden. If you don't see the servers it's very important to have all the search filters turned off ie passwords, booking etc. That way you can see all the servers. Good group of guys. Welcome and have fun.

Hey Scott - Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you put me in the Maserati in both races tonight??? I'm pretty sure you did, and I'm so clueless that I didn't notice until after I exited. (I thought something looked "different". ) :laugh:

I'd been practicing in the Porsche over the past 2 days (and lapping 4-5 seconds faster than in the Maserati), so I was wondering why I was so out of control tonight.....Usually it's me, but tonight it was the wrong car! (I'll give at least 37.79% blame to that....That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :whistling:

Had fun, as always anyway. At least my mic worked this week. Thanks for hosting!

Hey Scott - Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you put me in the Maserati in both races tonight??? I'm pretty sure you did, and I'm so clueless that I didn't notice until after I exited. (I thought something looked "different". ) :laugh:

I'd been practicing in the Porsche over the past 2 days (and lapping 4-5 seconds faster than in the Maserati), so I was wondering why I was so out of control tonight.....Usually it's me, but tonight it was the wrong car! (I'll give at least 37.79% blame to that....That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :whistling:

Had fun, as always anyway. At least my mic worked this week. Thanks for hosting!

I'm 95% sure you were in a Maserati :roflmao: For next time, you actually select which car you want when you're joining the server. If you have Content Manager there is a little drop down box to pick your car in the server info screen when you're in the server browser; I can't remember what it looks like it the stock UI, but there is a similar system. And, at least when I joined, the Maserati was the default selection.

I had a great time tonight, thanks for hosting Scott, and everyone else for coming out. I completely botched my opening laps in both races (sorry to those behind me :D) and had a lot of fun trying to catch up to the field and get involved with the races.

Hey guy, that was a lot of fun, really enjoyed myself. Keith it was fun racing with you, I went way to fast into turn 4 "Old Hairpin" on that last lap, it was bad. I didn't say much, or anything really in TeamSpeak because I was not able to, anybody know why I had a "X" in front of my name? "Request talk power" was grayed out.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    258.9 KB · Views: 110
That was fun. Unfortunately my internet goes down and I couldn't finish the second race battle with Brandon and Scott. Sorry guys. I've already opened an issue with the internet provider... Hope it works.

Thanks for hosting Scott.

See you guys next week.

I'm 95% sure you were in a Maserati :roflmao: For next time, you actually select which car you want when you're joining the server. If you have Content Manager there is a little drop down box to pick your car in the server info screen when you're in the server browser; ......

Hi Colin - I'm aware of the dropdown box in CM and I just checked to see where I had it. And I indeed had the Porsche selected, so I don't know what the heck happened. :(

Hi Colin - I'm aware of the dropdown box in CM and I just checked to see where I had it. And I indeed had the Porsche selected, so I don't know what the heck happened. :(

Ah yeah, sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was talking down to you! There are a limited number of slots for each car, I wonder if it's possible it just ran out of Porsche slots? I can't remember how many of each were available, but I do remember Scott saying something about a couple people not specifying which car they wanted so he had to guess at the numbers and hoping there were enough.

Ah yeah, sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was talking down to you! There are a limited number of slots for each car, I wonder if it's possible it just ran out of Porsche slots? I can't remember how many of each were available, but I do remember Scott saying something about a couple people not specifying which car they wanted so he had to guess at the numbers and hoping there were enough.

No worries, Colin - I didn't take it that way at all.

Yeah - I also remember Scott saying something about some people not specifying which car they wanted, but I wasn't one of them so thought nothing of it. According to Post #1 in this thread, the Porsches outnumbered Maseratis by 5 - 3 with a number of undecideds. So, you may be correct.

Oh well, there's always next time. It just proves that I'm slow, no matter which car I end up in! ;)

Team Speak works today, why does it work today, I have no idea, probably because I don't need it to work today and also probably because I'm not rushing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    776.5 KB · Views: 92

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back