AC GT3 @ Zandvoort OSRW - Sun 24th March 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No doubt Han. I have watched some of Enzos races on Youtube. Looks so simple then.
Yes, indeed George. That's the frustrating part. It doesn't seem likes he is doing something different but I'm always 2s slower.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I would like to to hear from you guys which car you're driving in real life.

I just sold an E46 M3 as I moved house further from work and running costs were too high. Had it for 7 years. Best car I ever had, amazing all rounder. 520d estate now.

just an interesting point, i hope i am not as usual, being bleeding obvious, when someone takes 2 seconds a lap out of you. It seems like a mile and try as you may, that 2 seconds seems impossible. But in reality, he is only averaging approximately 2 km /hr more than you.
If you were observing someone averaging 150km/hr could you observe an extra 2km/hr.

Thats how i console myself.:(

Also unfortunately, our next race at Bathurst is a real eye opener, the fast guys will take 4 or 5 seconds a lap out of me, they are so annoying fast around a very demanding circuit.
I will be spending everylap bouncing off the walls.:confused:

Last edited:
I just sold an E46 M3 as I moved house further from work and running costs were too high. Had it for 7 years. Best car I ever had, amazing all rounder. 520d estate now.
Oh man, E46 that's awesome! :thumbsup:So you know how to drive fast RWD cars. 343HP! Did you have the version with the F1 transmission (without clutch pedal)? Must have been hard to give it up although a 520d isn't bad either! But maybe it's better this way, otherwise you could tend to try out the things you learn in simracing but without the "restart mission" option. :D

just an interesting point, i hope i am not as usual, being bleeding obvious, when someone
takes 2 seconds a lap out of you. It seems like a mile and try as you may, that 2 seconds
seems impossible. But in reality, he is only averaging approximately 2 km /hr more than you.
If you were observing someone averaging 150km/hr could you observe an extra 2km/hr.

Thats how i console myself.:(

Also unfortunately, our next race at Bathurst is a real eye opener, the fast guys will take
4 or 5 seconds a lap out of me, they are so annoying fast around a very demanding circuit.
I will be spending everylap bouncing off the walls.:confused:
I agree this with you. At first I thought the equipment plays a big role because he has Fanatec pedals, better steering wheel and a playseat against my G27 and an ordinary officechair. But on my rig he also is much faster. But there's hope. On Zandvoort I was only 1,2s behind (in the same car).

I just tried Bathurst for the first time starting with the Zandvoort setup with only rear wing and gears changed. Indeed a very challenging and unforgiven track. It seems that Craig is given us a steep learning curve by making every track harder then the previous one. :thumbsup::)

Once you get to the walls your setup gets very important the car will flip around on you if you lift or get your line slightly wrong, at the wrong moment.
Especially as you are turning and braking in a undulating narrow road.
How the fast guys “rattle” through there fast and reliability every lap is quite amazing.
For me it’s just a case of hanging on and hoping, i will be in the McLaren 650, i don’t want to damage my Nissan GT-r.;)

Last edited:
Oh man, E46 that's awesome! :thumbsup:So you know how to drive fast RWD cars. 343HP! Did you have the version with the F1 transmission (without clutch pedal)? Must have been hard to give it up although a 520d isn't bad either! But maybe it's better this way, otherwise you could tend to try out the things you learn in simracing but without the "restart mission" option. :D

Yes Han I couldn't resist the flappy paddle gearbox. Those M3s are unreal. The harder you push the more they hunker down and tighten up. Was capable of 170 mph but fastest I ever had in it was 144mph and it felt so solid and safe.
But when you gave it the beans with tc off it was a hooligan of a car. To be respected. So many written off. I had an RX7 before that. Another fantastic car that.

Yes Han I couldn't resist the flappy paddle gearbox. Those M3s are unreal. The harder you push the more they hunker down and tighten up. Was capable of 170 mph but fastest I ever had in it was 144mph and it felt so solid and safe.
But when you gave it the beans with tc off it was a hooligan of a car. To be respected. So many written off. I had an RX7 before that. Another fantastic car that.
RX7 with Wankel engine!! You must have lots of fun in your driving career! :thumbsup:

Yes, indeed George. That's the frustrating part. It doesn't seem likes he is doing something different but I'm always 2s slower.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I would like to to hear from you guys which car you're driving in real life.

I'm driving that car in my profile picture :D It's a lot of fun but next one will (probably/hopefully) be an AWD or RWD.. and more hp :p Audi S3 or Golf R.. Maybe I'll find an affordable M3 one day :whistling: Oh I'm starting with daydreaming:D:(

Looks like a great car though. I don't know if this car also was distributed in Europe. I don't remember seeing it here.
Pretty sure almost nobody would buy it in EU if they sold it there. They did sell the next generation in Russia though, my friend over there used to drive one

Pretty sure almost nobody would buy it in EU if they sold it there. They did sell the next generation in Russia though, my friend over there used to drive one
I was curious and just googled the specifications. Quite impressive for European standards. V6 3.5 while here the 3-cylinder 1.0 turbo engines are very popular.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back