AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 8th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For anyone else that would like to join, list of available cars below..... please watch other posts below this to keep count! ;)

Cars available @ 19:35 Sun:
R8 LMS x 2
BMW x 2
Lambo x 1
650S x 3
GT-R x 1
AMG x 1
Ferrari x 1
Porsche x 0
SCG x 0

I clearly need to work on my overtaking after a couple of attemped murders on @Aksu, I'd forgotten how bad the GT-R's brakes are :p Thanks a lot @Medilloni for organising!

Thanks for the great races! I really hope to still see more GT3 races in AC going forwards, IMO it's still the best sim for multiplayer races :) If you need any help organising or anything I'm more than happy to help out, too.

Woooo. What a rush that was. Delighted with the podium thanks to a surprise reverse grid. Pressure was on right from the start in race 2. Aki/Chris you guys can really go deep into the corner and still get her turned no problem after an overtake. Very impressive :thumbsup:
John thanks very much for organising, great end to weekend before work. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

HUGE thanks to all that turned up tonight, especially at such short notice, really appreciated :thumbsup:

Had two fun races, @Aksu Aki and @Chris Down slowed down to tease us:p, @GEO147 George giving no room to breathe in the 1st race, then trying to catch @Dennis Manke in the 2nd race.... this old git is knackered:laugh: Congrats to the podium guys, great lap times 'n consistency, too relentless!

Will try and get next Sunday's GT3 race up tomorrow but... there *WILL* be one, so next Sunday get the kids to bed, order a take-away, and tell your girlfriend you're 'doing your hair':p;)

...........Thanks for the great races! I really hope to still see more GT3 races in AC going forwards, IMO it's still the best sim for multiplayer races :) If you need any help organising or anything I'm more than happy to help out, too.
Any help massively appreciated Chris (shortage of AC ppl at the mo) - really hoping Craig and Joel will be back soon 'cos I have no idea what I'm doing with anything 'server', without @Denis Betty I'd be totally fookered. Maybe PM Denis with times you're available, events, ideas, etc that you have in mind?

In the meantime, thoughts from you, and everyone!.... on future events, format etc greatly appreciated until the boys are are back:thumbsup:

Thanks again to all, and don't forget there's Denis's MX5 race tomorrow (good size grid so far!) https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mazda-mx5-cup-mugello-mon-09-mar-2020.179605/ and the luverly GT4's on Wednesday @ Mosport. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt4-mosport-wednesday-11th-march-2020.179669/

Last edited:
Higher gear in every turn Chris. Think if I tried that the car would bog down. Do you have it setup not to or is there no need?

Not so much a question of setup as one of the car itself. The power output at low RPM is really forgiving on the 650s compared to other GT3 cars and mostly I use it for two reasons:
  1. To increase traction off the corner, as even at moderate TC, the 650S has a tendency to break traction and get wheelspin on corner exit;
  2. To avoid downshifting unsettling the car close to the corner entry.
This is quite counter-intuitive: it feels really slow, but it's actually usually negligible and can even be faster in some cases than downshifting further. That's why it's useful to have the delta displayed, because sometimes the fastest way to go around a corner is not the way that feels like it :)

If you look at my other WRs, you'll also see I usually keep higher gears. As a really extreme example, look at Westfield Bend around the 0:55 mark here:

Last edited:
Appreciate the pointers Chris :thumbsup:

My favourite car bar none would love to get a bit more from her.

I definitely empathise with that and have experienced it myself with the 650s :) I have 500-600 hours in the 650s and every time I go out I think I still learn a little more about how to extract more out of it. The 650s and GT-R are two of the GT3 cars that particularly reward long-term learning in two almost totally inverted ways, because the dynamics of the cars are so complex.

Was good fun, saw some chaos here and there but overall was good racing.
I had problem with my tyres not getting on temp ( no prac or setup but thanks to georgo for base ), sorted after pits sortof and after 30 min I figured out how to set my brake balance to the back hehe..that helped :p Fun stuff after years of absence.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.7%