Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
spa.JPG

From Silverstone we move to SPA. Time to strap on your big boy pants and keep your foot planted through Eau Rouge....or if you are like me take a small confidence lift :whistling:

How To Join
If you are a premium member and are part of the RaceDepartment community on Simracing.GP then just click HERE and sign up.

Not sure about Simracing.GP, RaceDepartment Premium and how it all works? Ping myself or Ricoow a message and we'll be happy to help.

Event Details
Start time: 19:30BST (18:30UTC)
Cars: GT3
Track: Spa 2020
Practice 45 minutes | Qualification 15 minutes | Race 30 minutes

Useful links
RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
RaceDepartment Club Regulations
RaceDepartment Discord

See you on track!

Last edited:
What sort of setup are you guys doing for Spa? Traditionally low downforce but that makes things "interesting" going up Eau Rouge :D

I'm considering switching from the Fezza to the Lambo for this one, so I'll be using any setup that won't send me sideways up Raidillon :D
I found the default aggressive setup manageable, but I might just be using a tweaked safe setup to be, well, on the safe side ;)
Besides, I'm a 2.20-2.21 kinda guy so there's no low downforce setup on earth that would enable me to keep up with you guys.

I fancied a go in the Porsche again but you're right - a trip at high speed to a barrier (usually backwards) would more than likely be on the cards :roflmao:

Huge apologies and gutted to let you down but im going to have to miss tonights race. Work has exploded at the moment and ive just got a bit too much on. Desperate to be here for Thursday, Sorry gents :thumbsdown:

Well done all. Unfortunately my race was over on lap 4. My internet decided to have a lag/freeze moment right at the kink at the start of the Kemmel straight which put me straight into the wall!? Thankfully didn't collect anyone.

Ah that's rubbish, hate it when stuff like that happens!

I think I now have a Prost to my Senna with @sebastalona - We had a good "introductory" battle at Silverstone but today was on another level. Side by side through numerous corners fighting for the win with the Vantage having just enough in it to get P1. Cracking stuff and it's the reason I'm here doing these races. If I find the time I'll upload a few clips.

That was some great racing again gentlemen ! :thumbsup: I was a bit overly cautious going through Eau Rouge up Raidillon on lap 1 and lost a place to @Herlev and spent the remainder of the race trying to regain that position, but ended up 0.6 seconds behind him for P5.
Sorry for that little nudge coming out of the Bus Stop by the way, it looked like you lost a bit of traction there and I was already in full acceleration out of the corner.
And going into Les Combes on one of the last laps, you caught me off guard by braking really early, I was so surprised (I was just going to tuck back in behind you for the corner at that point) that I completely overshot my own braking point and went too deep into the corner. I could have had you there but you did a good switchback. I'm just happy I didn't wipe us both out. All in all, some really fair and close racing, thanks for that !

And as always: congrats to the podium finishers ! See you gents next time :)

Well done all. Unfortunately my race was over on lap 4. My internet decided to have a lag/freeze moment right at the kink at the start of the Kemmel straight which put me straight into the wall!? Thankfully didn't collect anyone.

Ah man, that's a bummer...I had one little microlag/stutter as well just as I was turning in for Pouhon but luckily without any bad consequences. Don't know if it was the connection or a graphics glitch in my VR headset though. Better luck next time !

That was some great racing again gentlemen ! :thumbsup: I was a bit overly cautious going through Eau Rouge up Raidillon on lap 1 and lost a place to @Herlev and spent the remainder of the race trying to regain that position, but ended up 0.6 seconds behind him for P5.
Sorry for that little nudge coming out of the Bus Stop by the way, it looked like you lost a bit of traction there and I was already in full acceleration out of the corner.
And going into Les Combes on one of the last laps, you caught me off guard by braking really early, I was so surprised (I was just going to tuck back in behind you for the corner at that point) that I completely overshot my own braking point and went too deep into the corner. I could have had you there but you did a good switchback. I'm just happy I didn't wipe us both out.
That was one of the best battles I've been in for a very long time :thumbsup:
For the last 15 minutes my rear tires were cooking, so it was a battle just keeping the car pointing in the right direction while the rear view mirror was filled with a Ferrari. You really pilled on the pressure while keeping it clean at the same time. Awesome racing :D

That was one of the best battles I've been in for a very long time :thumbsup:
For the last 15 minutes my rear tires were cooking, so it was a battle just keeping the car pointing in the right direction while the rear view mirror was filled with a Ferrari. You really pilled on the pressure while keeping it clean at the same time. Awesome racing :D

Well thank you Sir ! Hoping to do that again real soon :D

Brilliant, i'm glad to hear some of you are coming up against other people that are of similar pace and having good races.

Brilliant, i'm glad to hear some of you are coming up against other people that are of similar pace and having good races.
Well, most of them were actually faster, the Lambo are just encredible wide :D
But still brilliant racing. Just a shame more people aren't signing up. I thought ACC was the most popular sim...

If I find the time I'll upload a few clips.

Would love to see those ! Do you record all race replays Chris ? Reason I'm asking is because I need too eek out every last drop of performance put of my system to run in VR at relatively high settings, I can't afford to record replays myself :(
I might post a suggestion about this in the other thread.

Would love to see those ! Do you record all race replays Chris ? Reason I'm asking is because I need too eek out every last drop of performance put of my system to run in VR at relatively high settings, I can't afford to record replays myself :(
I might post a suggestion about this in the other thread.
Yep I do, I might be able to upload the replay file at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back