AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 21st June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I've trusted Logitech to produce good hardware, as all my other peripherals have 5+years, even 12.
But no ... they just missed completely the G29 ... :mad::mad::mad:

How the h*** can you miss a shift when you have **** paddles? ... The sensor is broken or something ... on every exit corner that is a right turn, the wheel shifts up 2 times, so from 3rd, I end up in 5th ... I've lost 4-5 places just by doing that ... getting angrier, made mistakes ... now the downshifts are going 2 at once sometimes ... I just retired ...

I am tired of mods that fixes X and Y and then repair yourself video ... I just don't want the trouble ...

I don't have the money, nor the rig to buy a DD, but maybe a belt-driven wheel?
T300RS with T3pa pedals is good?

I'll sell the G29 like 1/4 of price or something. just to give it away ...

P.S. I guess the load cell will have to wait ...

Another mixed race that one, somehow managed to qualify 10th so was really nervous at the start at managed to lose 5 places in the first few corners.
Sincere apologies to @Spilskinanka around lap 2 at Les Combes, that was some truly terrible driving from me. I was overtaking someone and I just braked far too late and rammed you off. I hope it didn't affect your race too much, also hope I didn't inconvenience anyone rejoining the track.
After a few laps I found some space and managed to finish 10 overall, my best result.
Thanks again Chris for organising.

Well first of all BIG apologies for the start incident for Mike - you`ve just had sooo long first gear that i simply haven`t been expecting.

Also apologies to Chris because of Pouhon touch - you`ve missed the apex and went offtrack so i decided there was space, but you closed the door a bit, so that`s a shame racing incident.

As for the race - after a start mess and a first lap mistake i have had to wait for all the cars to pass to make a safe track comeback, so i i`ve been deadly last and started to make places, doing many overtakes which sometime were quite crazy. That race has just ended in 4th which is an OK result in this circumstances.

Grats to the podium. Next time i`ll come back stronger - i terms od pure speed it now seems very close between the three and it promises a good fun.

Great race!

No brown stained pants moments this race, which is a first for me. Also, no spins and damage to the car, again! Also had the pace with 2x Soft strategy which worked quite alright in the end, with a great first stint catching everyone and overtaking them (which is also a first for me :p). Catching up to @Kek700 in the end, but he was a tad too quick for me. Also great pace from @Evgeniy Neytman who had a race of its own I believe.

I've trusted Logitech to produce good hardware, as all my other peripherals have 5+years, even 12.

That's sad to hear. I thought we were going to have a great race, we practically had the same pace in qualy

Thanks for organizing Chris!

I once again ask for a replay, mine only recorded 50 minutes, while having the allowed replay at max :/
still havent figured that out

How the h*** can you miss a shift when you have **** paddles? ... The sensor is broken or something ... on every exit corner that is a right turn, the wheel shifts up 2 times, so from 3rd, I end up in 5th ... I've lost 4-5 places just by doing that ... getting angrier, made mistakes ... now the downshifts are going 2 at once sometimes ... I just retired ...

I am tired of mods that fixes X and Y and then repair yourself video ... I just don't want the trouble ...

I'll sell the G29 like 1/4 of price or something. just to give it away ...

P.S. I guess the load cell will have to wait ...

There is a setting in CM for that. It happens very rarely on mine and it is just because i am double clicking the paddle.

Sounds like you might have a faulty unit. Alot of issues for one setuo. Have you tried it in different usb slots?
You could also test the pots at the source with a multimeter to see if there is a problem uptream. Sorry if its still a bit raw! :)

Great racing everyone! That was a lot of fun, congrats to @erazerr7 for the win, super pace :D

I'm always feel good after any Sunday race where I feel I made the most that I could. From my perspective my pace was consistent, and I didn't make any mistakes, so I'm happy :)

Quali was also a lot of fun, when I saw Michael put in the .4 I knew I had to dig deeper, so that added some intensity. Also shout out to whoever turned off Michael's engine at the start, I appreciated that ;-)

And @Enzo, you were right. Sorry, in the red mist of the moment I missed that I had cut the corner somewhat. Mea culpa :coffee:

Those of you who heard me in TS know where we're going next week to celebrate the return of @Spilskinanka. The rest of you, look out for the thread, posted Tomorrow Afternoon™*!

* i'm exceptionally good at posting race threads on monday and have never missed posting one. true fact.

Last edited:
I just retired ...

Sad to hear. First of all T300 is a very nice wheel with a very simple pedal unit btw, but it`s better than G25/27/29 in terms of the wheel. However you can always change the pedal springs. And of course you can buy another G29.

There is a setting in CM for that. It happens very rarely on mine and it is just because i am double clicking the paddle.

Sounds like you might have a faulty unit. Alot of issues for one setuo. Have you tried it in different usb slots?
You could also test the pots at the source with a multimeter to see if there is a problem uptream. Sorry if its still a bit raw! :)
I might fix it for AC with CM (if I find the setting, i don't know about it), but what do i do with ACC?

I did not try a different usb port

Quali was also a lot of fun, when I saw Michael put in the .4 I knew I had to dig deeper, so that added some intensity. Also shout out to whoever turned off Michael's engine at the start, I appreciated that ;-)
The quali was good - i think we took all the speed out of our Maccas, but today Mike was simply better.

It was nor the engine - he tuned his 1`st gear for corners:)

Is that the gear shift debouncing? Sometimes when i'm banging down the gears one doesn't register and I have to shift again

What a race! Again my only practice was little bit before the race, but luckily I knew something about spa, but not with gt3 cars. We had mid-summer holidays in Finland (this time of the year it never gets dark in Finland) and was little bit hangovered :D So mu quali-run was so **** and I started from P19 and I think my lap times in race was the same than in quali :D So I’m verry happy with P9. It was so intense race with @Spilskinanka @marek2209 @FischBoB, and I was in P6 but some of you went with one set of tires and I had to chase you down. I was pushing it so bad that I would get Marek, and then I hit into the wall and dropped back to P10. Thanks guys and see ya next week on ****!

Is that the gear shift debouncing? Sometimes when i'm banging down the gears one doesn't register and I have to shift again

Ye but i'm guessing it sets the minimum time between shifts so you can't double shift by accident..? Haven't tried it yet but been meaning to test it as it happens me maybe once every 2 weeks. Nothing major but could cost you if it happens at the wrong time.

Didn't make it back in time for this. Gutted to miss spa as it's one of the few ac tracks i'd know well. Hope it was fun!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%