AC GT3 @ Spa - Sun 29Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's ok, it happens :) Too bad you've missed it though it was quite a race. I even utilized your no tire change strategy this time around :D
200w.gif

nothing-left-to-teach-you-i-have.jpg

Missed the race, but spent about an half hour or so practising two days before hand,
I have always struggled somewhat with Spa. Usually down to being not that quick though
Eau Rouge.

Noticed this statement.......

Bart in front isn't able to take Eau Rouge flat out, which also slows down Werner. This allows me to slip by both of them for now.

So i obviously assume people can take Eau Rouge flat out

Tell me how! as i have always need to lift as i turn in at entry or else i go out of the circuit, left at the
top of Eau Rouge.:(

** always in a Nissan Gtr gt3.**

So i obviously assume people can take Eau Rouge flat out
Like you, most of the time I have to lift slightly so the car will turn in tight enough the right part of Eau Rouge so I won't cut it on the left at the top and sometimes I have to lift from going to wide on the right at the top. If you just keep it pinned and make a half harted unsuccessful attempt you can pick up at least .500 of a second and really it's more like 1 second plus.

Tell me how! as i have always need to lift as i turn in at entry or else i go out of the circuit, left at the
top of Eau Rouge.:(

** always in a Nissan Gtr gt3.**
If I had to learn from someone in this car it would be, without a doubt, @Aksu

Not the best of my races.

I did a good effort on qualifying. I feel I was faster on the McLaren but I am sticking with the Nismo which I don't feel it is as nimble on the twisted parts of the circuit.
For the start I was undecided with my first gear, and I was sure I reduce the gearing on it, but to my surprise I left it too high and the car did not launched as expected, losing some positions before La Source. I ran wide at the exit and tried to regain the track as paralel as I could. This resulted in a three wide car and @CptAsian and me collided generating a big one. I blame myself in part to the slow start and the running wide on La Source exit which put me on this position resulting in this racing incident. From this it was just gaining positions back. I hit a Lambo that slowed to much on Bus Stop chicane and lost many positions waiting for him. Then near to the final part of the race another Lambo lost it at Les Fagnes in front of me and I had no where to go, collecting him, losing positions and no wait for me.
Defintely I could have done better, but did not felt so comfortable with the Nismo like I was on Imola.

Looking forward for the next race.

Stracker is deactivated due to this new data protection law. If you mean simresults.net: it's not allowed to post them in the event threads for the same reasons lap times aren't discussed.
If nobody sends you a link with his results just pm me and I can provide you with the server results. It will not have lap 1 of the race though sadly. Strange stuff with the server result files :(

Rasmus, as the GDPR rules don't technically prevent the taking of data, only that we need to agree to it, could we not have some kind of disclaimer we could agree to within our RD membership (which I assume needs a GDPR style disclaimer anyway) that we can tick to say we are happy for the data collected by s/ptracker to be taking place and then (theoretically) we can enable it again?

Rasmus, as the GDPR rules don't technically prevent the taking of data, only that we need to agree to it, could we not have some kind of disclaimer we could agree to within our RD membership (which I assume needs a GDPR style disclaimer anyway) that we can tick to say we are happy for the data collected by s/ptracker to be taking place and then (theoretically) we can enable it again?
You have a good point!
I'm not that familiar with the laws included when you get premium but I know that when it was set up, lawyers where involved.
Games have their own laws so when you buy them and run them, it's not up to us as long as we don't modify them.
The problem with stracker would be that we would not only have to include a little line, but we would have to make it waterproof by paying a lawyer.
And there the question rises if we should get a lawyer to change our agreement for a tool for one single game that will get a successor in a few months.
Currently the answer is no, sadly.

I know, acc isn't really a replacement and it would be cool to have stracker and kissmyrank running but in the end it was barely used in the past before that law and it isn't big enough of a thing to justify contacting a lawyer just for that :(

Where is the info actually stored from sTracker? Is it still there after your racing session? I guess you can use it for the US and AU races as technically it doesn't apply to them :p
I guess its all down the the fact it takes your IP? But then, wouldnt any current online game be breaking GDPR due to the fact that itll need your IP to connect you to the servers?

Where is the info actually stored from sTracker? Is it still there after your racing session? I guess you can use it for the US and AU races as technically it doesn't apply to them :p
I guess its all down the the fact it takes your IP? But then, wouldnt any current online game be breaking GDPR due to the fact that itll need your IP to connect you to the servers?
Almost every game had a license update, yes.
The problem with stracker is that it stores your full real name, due to it being an RD rule, your IP and your steam ID. The creator of stracker stated he doesn't know for sure if that's a problem at all or not but he took down his website etc just to be sure.
It might be that in a few years these questions are answered by cases that got a ruling but at the moment it would be a risk.
Since RD is kinda big we have to be 100% sure with such things.

I know Neys (creator of stracker) so if he sells my data I can just go and sort him out :roflmao::roflmao:!!
I forgot about the real name bit though, a good point. Shame that GDPR has made things like this so tricky

Like you, most of the time I have to lift slightly so the car will turn in tight enough the right part of Eau Rouge so I won't cut it on the left at the top and sometimes I have to lift from going to wide on the right at the top. If you just keep it pinned and make a half harted unsuccessful attempt you can pick up at least .500 of a second and really it's more like 1 second plus.

If I had to learn from someone in this car it would be, without a doubt, @Aksu
:D:D
With mediums I need to lift just a bit when turning left at bottom hill...
I don't say it isn't possible to do flat out with mediums but not with my setup though. With softs it goes quite easily flat out ;-)

Yep, this is just too many piles of :poop: or land mines that RD could step on legally so it's not an option. Thank you, you stupid data mining / selling companies and politicians everywhere. Only they could take the fun out of a game:cautious:

Thanks for understanding robt100 :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back