AC GT3 @ Road America - Sun 24Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was a disaster! I haven't fired up AC for 6 months - had trouble getting VR working and my wheel settings all defaulted. Was 3 secs off the pace in the AMG, just wanted to have a quiet race to get back into AC. Got caught up in the 1st corner wreck - then punted @jemmari on cold tyres (many apologies :redface:). A couple laps later had a coming together with a recovering Audi which put me in the wall. Decided to have a beer and watch @Joseph Wright 's stream instead.

Great race for me. Tried the 488 GT3 and made no mistakes on my own which is cool.
didn't get lapped as many times too. Going to use this again.
Congrats Ken, that was my goal too - to finish my first ever GT3 race with a pitstop - but went off all by myself twice, forgot tyres at the pitstop and had to make a second one:(

Thanks to all (well, most!) for a great event, some great racing... that I could see ahead of me!:)

And to you, with the dark blue Ferrari... you took off the same person twice and me once, a bull has some advice for you...
There are hundreds of cows grazing below. The young bull says, "Let's run down there and f**k a cow!"
The old bull says, "No, let's walk down and f**k them all."
:p:p

Well that was a disaster! I haven't fired up AC for 6 months - had trouble getting VR working and my wheel settings all defaulted. Was 3 secs off the pace in the AMG, just wanted to have a quiet race to get back into AC. Got caught up in the 1st corner wreck - then punted @jemmari on cold tyres (many apologies :redface:). A couple laps later had a coming together with a recovering Audi which put me in the wall. Decided to have a beer and watch @Joseph Wright 's stream instead.
No problem :) @Crashhard Banger

I was at Road America today for the race. Porsche dominated out front. Was a pretty wild wreck right in front of us between an Audi and mustang. Was awesome as the mustang who caused the wreck came around the next lap, Audi driver went up to the track and flipped him off haha

@Buster Sorry for ramming you like a noob. The replay suggests that I was too concerned about @Celtic Pharaoh's attack than your position. At first I though the car would not brake, but I braked way to late. I apologize.

@Ph4ntom ..thanks for the apology :thumbsup: ...no problems though, it was rather hectic at that point in time :thumbsup: ..I was trying to defend against 4 cars who were all pushing hard and had a good 2 seconds on me (including you) Helicorsa was red hot :laugh: ...hopeless task, but so much fun in trying :D

Last edited:
@Ph4ntom ..thanks for the apology :thumbsup: ...no problems though, it was rather hectic at that point in time :thumbsup: ..I was trying to defend against 4 cars who were all pushing hard and had a good 2 seconds on me (including you) Helicorsa was red hot :laugh: ...hopeless task, but so much fun in trying :D

Cool man. if it makes you feel any better in iracing there is a campaign going on who can ram me first. I get those like 10 times a day. Those guys have a serious hard on for me.

Fun race. Was comfy with my race setup but did not have the speed to be competitive. During the race restarts I risk to do a couple of tweaks which helped on lap times, but the car was a bit odd at some places.

I was lucky to survive the big one at the start. I had very good race pace and was kind of keeping up with @Geof but eventually I lost distance. I was expecting some of the fast guys would catch me. At the end only @Aksu did his magic. Could not hold him with two laps to go.

Thanks to the admins to sort the issues and restaring the race a couple of times. On the second restart the game lights did not showed up for me, that was weird. Too bad on the last restart there was the massive accident.

Got two lessons from the last race:
1. Turn off Teamspeak playback while qualifying and racing.
2. Don't expect a restart even if almost 50% of the grid is involved in an accident within the first lap.

Are we racing next Sunday?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back