AC GT3 @ Road America - Sun 1 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight's race @JoelK really appreciated tonight, amazing track:thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium finishers, storming pace... and for @pattikins Patrick, how you're peddling the SCG thingy lately is amazing, well done mate:)

@Ronnie Böhme Ronnie, had a quick look at the lap chart... I think for 75 mins we were never further than 2 secs apart, and 25 laps within about half a second between us, fantastic racing and thanks for the totally considerate racing, I think it's the most enjoyable race I've ever had to be honest - but ffs couldn't you give me a tow?:p:roflmao: Straight line speed of the Lambo is amazing:confused: ... might try yours and James's setup for the next one, if the Fat Bottomed Girl will forgive me:coffee:

So, for anyone interested, here's my setup for this:
McWhirlpool 650S GT3
th

This setup allowed me to quali 5th, you just need to take fuel out and run Soft tires. I had great pace for me, but a few mistakes on my end plus a crash on the twisty straight after the Carousel cost me dearly. Really had fun battling with you boys. There's always a race to be had or a learning experience to be gained. Hope the setup helps.

@Medilloni man I thought today was the day for us to have an epic battle. You had great pace you old codger:D Maybe next time, but nothing beats a battle at RA, Spa or Imola. Till next time brother:thumbsup::)

Attachments

• BP McLaren 650S GT3 Rd America RD EU 75 min race.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 98
Great race really enjoyed it. I was getting hammered on the straights as I had my rear wing set to 5 :(. Had intended to run 4 at least. Never saved the setting and between the panic to have a quick toilet visit after quali I messed up.

Was great trying to keep Bobby at bay as long as possible, but that was futile. Happy enough with my 6th spot.

If I had known you were driving that.......
@Bobby Pennington you could have washed my
sweaty under wear in one of those drums for me whilst racing.:laugh::laugh::confused:
Well done podium, good race for you @Medilloni and especially @pattikins , that car really suits you, cannot imagine how you make it so competitive.
My race was a good start, bit of a flurry up to one
third of the race, then just a matter of staring at
the leaders board for a mistake from the two or three
in front, which never materialised.:(
Nothing fancy for me, went for a pit stop of tyres and fuel at approximately half way for softs, they lasted pretty well for me.
Bit of an improve for me in this race, after the last couple of race, PC seemed happier on the slightly cooler evening temperatures.:thumbsup:

Fair play for continuing to the end :thumbsup:, a lot of people just quit. I saw the incident in my rear view mirror. The Audi didnt like that kerb at all.

Great race really enjoyed it. I was getting hammered on the straights as I had my rear wing set to 5 :(. Had intended to run 4 at least. Never saved the setting and between the panic to have a quick toilet visit after quali I messed up.

Was great trying to keep Bobby at bay as long as possible, but that was futile. Happy enough with my 6th spot.
2 rear wing is your friend George;) Had the same top speed as Chris (from watching his vid), but Ronnie's Lambo had Warpspeed enabled:ninja:

Cheers John. I'm starting to get used to driving consistent laps and keeping decent control, so if I could get the car better setup for the races I might be in the mix a bit more than usual, which would be brilliant.

I was grinning form ear to ear last night when Bobby was hunting me down, then thinking to myself "you are enjoying this too much, concentrate ffs"

Thanks for tonight's race @JoelK really appreciated tonight, amazing track:thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium finishers, storming pace... and for @pattikins Patrick, how you're peddling the SCG thingy lately is amazing, well done mate:)

@Ronnie Böhme Ronnie, had a quick look at the lap chart... I think for 75 mins we were never further than 2 secs apart, and 25 laps within about half a second between us, fantastic racing and thanks for the totally considerate racing, I think it's the most enjoyable race I've ever had to be honest - but ffs couldn't you give me a tow?:p:roflmao: Straight line speed of the Lambo is amazing:confused: ... might try yours and James's setup for the next one, if the Fat Bottomed Girl will forgive me:coffee:

Thanks John, that was my first podium finish, in both the qualifying & race, in the SCG. I got lucky with my last qualifying lap - I've no idea where I managed to find four tenths - and jumped three places. I think the battles between you & Ronnie helped me pull away in the first half of the race and I spent the second half watching you, Ronnie & Joel pull me back in :confused:

Overall I was pleased with the outcome, but I was a bit disappointed with the way I finished the last third of the race (tiredness).

Thanks for putting the race on Joel, @JoelK.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.