• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GT3 @ Road America - Sun 1 Sep 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by JoelK, Aug 25, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 01-09-19
  1. Chris Down

Chris Down
    Premium

Ratings:
    +274
    Great race everyone, especially @Asterix who kept me on my toes for the entire race :) Nice to be back! Thanks @JoelK for organising

• Beer Beer x 4
  2. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    Was cracking mate. No let up from either all the way through.

Also kept an eye out for @pattikins as you know he was going to pounce had we made a mistake.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. JoelK

JoelK
    AC Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +535
    Next week is gonna be: GT3 @ Laguna Seca, thread & practice server will go up at sometime this night or tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    ..and it's my turn for the SGC, finally!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    Hey James, @Celtic Pharaoh knows how to edit it out. I haaaaaaaaaaaaated that noise. I forgot what file to go into, but you can definitely get rid of it. Now if we can just do ACC the same way:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    Good to have you back man. I've been qualifying out of my comfort zone:confused:

• Love Love x 2
  7. Chris Down

Chris Down
    Premium

Ratings:
    +274
    And as usual, here's my VR onboard:

Thanks for the great race!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Thanks for tonight's race @JoelK really appreciated tonight, amazing track:thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium finishers, storming pace... and for @pattikins Patrick, how you're peddling the SCG thingy lately is amazing, well done mate:)

@Ronnie Böhme Ronnie, had a quick look at the lap chart... I think for 75 mins we were never further than 2 secs apart, and 25 laps within about half a second between us, fantastic racing and thanks for the totally considerate racing, I think it's the most enjoyable race I've ever had to be honest - but ffs couldn't you give me a tow?:p:roflmao: Straight line speed of the Lambo is amazing:confused: ... might try yours and James's setup for the next one, if the Fat Bottomed Girl will forgive me:coffee:

• Haha Haha x 3
  9. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    So, for anyone interested, here's my setup for this:
    McWhirlpool 650S GT3
    [​IMG]
    This setup allowed me to quali 5th, you just need to take fuel out and run Soft tires. I had great pace for me, but a few mistakes on my end plus a crash on the twisty straight after the Carousel cost me dearly. Really had fun battling with you boys. There's always a race to be had or a learning experience to be gained. Hope the setup helps.

@Medilloni man I thought today was the day for us to have an epic battle. You had great pace you old codger:D Maybe next time, but nothing beats a battle at RA, Spa or Imola. Till next time brother:thumbsup::)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    Oh I'll tell her and she'll be pissed!!! Don't forget, Fat Bottomed Girls You Make The Rockin' World Go Round;):cool:

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    Great race really enjoyed it. I was getting hammered on the straights as I had my rear wing set to 5 :(. Had intended to run 4 at least. Never saved the setting and between the panic to have a quick toilet visit after quali I messed up.

Was great trying to keep Bobby at bay as long as possible, but that was futile. Happy enough with my 6th spot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +517
    If I had known you were driving that.......
    @Bobby Pennington you could have washed my
    sweaty under wear in one of those drums for me whilst racing.:laugh::laugh::confused:
    Well done podium, good race for you @Medilloni and especially @pattikins , that car really suits you, cannot imagine how you make it so competitive.
    My race was a good start, bit of a flurry up to one
    third of the race, then just a matter of staring at
    the leaders board for a mistake from the two or three
    in front, which never materialised.:(
    Nothing fancy for me, went for a pit stop of tyres and fuel at approximately half way for softs, they lasted pretty well for me.
    Bit of an improve for me in this race, after the last couple of race, PC seemed happier on the slightly cooler evening temperatures.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    I was so pissed watching the back of that Nissan disappear on the straights.

• Haha Haha x 3
  14. JussiS

JussiS
    Premium

Ratings:
    +30
    Spun in front of @Bobby Pennington as I was trying too hard and car took off from the kerb. Sorry about that.

Went straight to pits for mandatory pit stop and applied repairs and I ran rest of the race basically alone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    Fair play for continuing to the end :thumbsup:, a lot of people just quit. I saw the incident in my rear view mirror. The Audi didnt like that kerb at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    2 rear wing is your friend George;) Had the same top speed as Chris (from watching his vid), but Ronnie's Lambo had Warpspeed enabled:ninja:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    Cheers John. I'm starting to get used to driving consistent laps and keeping decent control, so if I could get the car better setup for the races I might be in the mix a bit more than usual, which would be brilliant.

I was grinning form ear to ear last night when Bobby was hunting me down, then thinking to myself "you are enjoying this too much, concentrate ffs"

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    I thought the racing Gods had answered my prayers when I watched you mowing the grass along the Moraine Sweep on lap six :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 3
  19. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    I get the feeling I'm going to get the Mark Webber treatment - relegated to 2nd driver for the SCG :mad::laugh:

• Haha Haha x 2
  20. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    Thanks John, that was my first podium finish, in both the qualifying & race, in the SCG. I got lucky with my last qualifying lap - I've no idea where I managed to find four tenths - and jumped three places. I think the battles between you & Ronnie helped me pull away in the first half of the race and I spent the second half watching you, Ronnie & Joel pull me back in :confused:

Overall I was pleased with the outcome, but I was a bit disappointed with the way I finished the last third of the race (tiredness).

Thanks for putting the race on Joel, @JoelK.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.