• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GT3 @ Road America - Sun 1 Sep 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by JoelK, Aug 25, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 01-09-19
  1. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    Congrats Patrick, great result.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    Thanks Ernie, to be honest, it's an easy car to drive and it's quick in a straight line and around fast corners. You should try it.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    1st podium... then congrats indeedy! I very much doubt I could have caught you Patrick, you had fantastic pace. For some reason I could only hit decent lap times once I was at half fuel, and then I was terrified of taking Ronnie off, whilst watching Joel relentlessly catching us both:laugh:

Hahaha, getting tired at the end is my problem too so the missus tells me. Should us old farts welcome you to the passing of middle age into decrepitude yet?:laugh::roflmao::p

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    First podium?

Awesome! Congratulations!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    I had a podium in practice two weeks ago and have the screenshot to prove it :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 4
  6. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    I appreciate the apology, but you did nothing wrong. We've all been there; make a mistake and people get caught up in it. Respect for sticking it out:thumbsup: Until our next encounter, keep on digging:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +517
    Yes George @GEO147 , you were quite a bit quicker than me for most of the circuit, but I knew if I kept
    it tight on most of the circuit to keep you at bay ( Still made a few school boy errors :( ), then
    as soon as I was on a straight bit you would have to start all over again, when you did finally get by, just waited for a decent exit on the long straight to go back past, must have been bleeding frustrating.:O_o:

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium

Ratings:
    +603
    The Lambo is a really quick car but I just didn't have the setup and my driving style was to slow for it. I seemed to have missed the setups posted here. I'll look out for them next, and also thanks guys for posting them

Still had fun rotating it through the corners and feathering the throttle pulling out of them too.

Made a couple mistakes, especially early on when I was defending P11 then dropped back down the field. Made it back to P11, and defended it from Kev who was catching. Think he got as close as about 3 seconds to me. But I managed alright to pull away late and held on to P11!

Congrats to the podium guys! Thanks @JoelK for organizing

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    I think you do yourself a huge disservice. I'm very much the Padawan in this instance. I'll be happy if I don't embarrass myself. I don't have a single reference for the car as it's unlike the other GT3s.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    Does that make me Obi-Wan Kenobi... :p:laugh: ...age wise I'm probably getting there :cry:

I had a quick look at Laguna Seca with the SCG last night and so far I'm a second slower than I was with the Lambo :confused:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Nice timing with The Rebel Alliance avatar there Patrick:laugh:

• Haha Haha x 2
  12. Ronnie Böhme

Ronnie Böhme
    UTC +2 Premium

Ratings:
    +298
    Yeah, that really was an amazing race. Your image in my rear view mirror really pushed me to the limit ... and beyond :O_o:. I made a few minor mistakes trying to get away from you but you kept breathing up my neck no matter what. Then came the big one and you took the chance. Really awesome racing and indeed a lot of fun. We'll continue once I'm back from my vacation ;). Meanwhile my engineers are trying to fit a winch to my lambo :roflmao:.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.