AC GT3 @ Road America - Sun 1 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If I had known you were driving that.......
@Bobby Pennington you could have washed my
sweaty under wear in one of those drums for me whilst racing.:laugh::laugh::confused:
Well done podium, good race for you @Medilloni and especially @pattikins , that car really suits you, cannot imagine how you make it so competitive.
My race was a good start, bit of a flurry up to one
third of the race, then just a matter of staring at
the leaders board for a mistake from the two or three
in front, which never materialised.:(
Nothing fancy for me, went for a pit stop of tyres and fuel at approximately half way for softs, they lasted pretty well for me.
Bit of an improve for me in this race, after the last couple of race, PC seemed happier on the slightly cooler evening temperatures.:thumbsup:

Thanks Ernie, to be honest, it's an easy car to drive and it's quick in a straight line and around fast corners. You should try it.

Thanks John, that was my first podium finish, in both the qualifying & race, in the SCG. I got lucky with my last qualifying lap - I've no idea where I managed to find four tenths - and jumped three places. I think the battles between you & Ronnie helped me pull away in the first half of the race and I spent the second half watching you, Ronnie & Joel pull me back in :confused:
1st podium... then congrats indeedy! I very much doubt I could have caught you Patrick, you had fantastic pace. For some reason I could only hit decent lap times once I was at half fuel, and then I was terrified of taking Ronnie off, whilst watching Joel relentlessly catching us both:laugh:

Overall I was pleased with the outcome, but I was a bit disappointed with the way I finished the last third of the race (tiredness).
Hahaha, getting tired at the end is my problem too so the missus tells me. Should us old farts welcome you to the passing of middle age into decrepitude yet?:laugh::roflmao::p

Thanks John, that was my first podium finish, in both the qualifying & race, in the SCG. I got lucky with my last qualifying lap - I've no idea where I managed to find four tenths - and jumped three places. I think the battles between you & Ronnie helped me pull away in the first half of the race and I spent the second half watching you, Ronnie & Joel pull me back in :confused:

Overall I was pleased with the outcome, but I was a bit disappointed with the way I finished the last third of the race (tiredness).

Thanks for putting the race on Joel, @JoelK.
First podium?

Awesome! Congratulations!

Yes George @GEO147 , you were quite a bit quicker than me for most of the circuit, but I knew if I kept
it tight on most of the circuit to keep you at bay ( Still made a few school boy errors :( ), then
as soon as I was on a straight bit you would have to start all over again, when you did finally get by, just waited for a decent exit on the long straight to go back past, must have been bleeding frustrating.:O_o:

The Lambo is a really quick car but I just didn't have the setup and my driving style was to slow for it. I seemed to have missed the setups posted here. I'll look out for them next, and also thanks guys for posting them

Still had fun rotating it through the corners and feathering the throttle pulling out of them too.

Made a couple mistakes, especially early on when I was defending P11 then dropped back down the field. Made it back to P11, and defended it from Kev who was catching. Think he got as close as about 3 seconds to me. But I managed alright to pull away late and held on to P11!

Congrats to the podium guys! Thanks @JoelK for organizing

I get the feeling I'm going to get the Mark Webber treatment - relegated to 2nd driver for the SCG :mad::laugh:
I think you do yourself a huge disservice. I'm very much the Padawan in this instance. I'll be happy if I don't embarrass myself. I don't have a single reference for the car as it's unlike the other GT3s.

I think you do yourself a huge disservice. I'm very much the Padawan in this instance. I'll be happy if I don't embarrass myself. I don't have a single reference for the car as it's unlike the other GT3s.

Does that make me Obi-Wan Kenobi... :p:laugh: ...age wise I'm probably getting there :cry:

I had a quick look at Laguna Seca with the SCG last night and so far I'm a second slower than I was with the Lambo :confused:

Thanks for tonight's race @JoelK really appreciated tonight, amazing track:thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium finishers, storming pace... and for @pattikins Patrick, how you're peddling the SCG thingy lately is amazing, well done mate:)

@Ronnie Böhme Ronnie, had a quick look at the lap chart... I think for 75 mins we were never further than 2 secs apart, and 25 laps within about half a second between us, fantastic racing and thanks for the totally considerate racing, I think it's the most enjoyable race I've ever had to be honest - but ffs couldn't you give me a tow?:p:roflmao: Straight line speed of the Lambo is amazing:confused: ... might try yours and James's setup for the next one, if the Fat Bottomed Girl will forgive me:coffee:

Yeah, that really was an amazing race. Your image in my rear view mirror really pushed me to the limit ... and beyond :O_o:. I made a few minor mistakes trying to get away from you but you kept breathing up my neck no matter what. Then came the big one and you took the chance. Really awesome racing and indeed a lot of fun. We'll continue once I'm back from my vacation ;). Meanwhile my engineers are trying to fit a winch to my lambo :roflmao:.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%