AC GT3 @ Portimao Sun 17 Mar 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@marek2209 your quite right I did go off circuit to
overtake. I do apologise.
Just looked at the replay, to be honest I had at the time assumed you would out drag me from that position.
When you weren’t in front, I probably did not want to go though trying to overtake again.
You rarely make a mistake, so overtaking for me
with the same sort of pace as you is really difficult and riskey. Sorry:redface:

My Nissan usually gives good predictable grip, at this
circuit I found it to be the opposite, maybe it was the same for all.

@marek2209 your quite right I did go off circuit to
overtake. I do apologise.
Just looked at the replay, to be honest I had at the time assumed you would out drag me from that position.
When you weren’t in front, I probably did not want to go though trying to overtake again.
You rarely make a mistake, so overtaking for me
with the same sort of pace as you is really difficult and riskey. Sorry:redface:

My Nissan usually gives good predictable grip, at this
circuit I found it to be the opposite, maybe it was the same for all.

No worries mate :thumbsup:, this is just fun racing and we're not at Formula 1 :D

Was a very exciting race for me last night! Thanks for hosting this every sunday, Craig. I've been battling the whole race. @Kek700 was a big pain in the ass:sneaky: for me. Every time I thought I got rid off him he reappeared in my mirror. Fair racing though. Also with @GEO147 , @marek2209 and @Allen Cotton . In the last round I tried to overtake @Allen Cotton for 6th but to much oversteer put me in the grass so @Kek700 and @GEO147 could pass me. It was a lot of fun. Thanks guys!:)

Yeah was a great bunch to be in the middle of. Super competitive but fair. I was surprised to see you make the mistake Han, you don't make many. ;)
Was the most fun I've had in ages :)

Yeah was a great bunch to be in the middle of. Super competitive but fair. I was surprised to see you make the mistake Han, you don't make many. ;)
Was the most fun I've had in ages :)
Well George, nice of you to say that :thumbsup:, but to be honest, since I started simracing about 8 weeks ago I make one mistake every race that costs me 2 or 3 places :(. I hope that goes away when I get more experience.

Funny that you should say that, i, with a lot of luck i got eight place from @GEO147
with half a lap to go.
looked 200 meters up the road and saw a Mclaren 650 (@HF2000 ) and nissan gtr
( @Allen Cotton ) ahead and thought no hope of catching those two. Next thing i saw
was the McLaren at right angle to the road heading for the banking. Then i saw that
Allen in the Nissan was obviously struggling, he then unfortunately ran wide in the
last corner and i luckily managed to snick past.

None of the above was deserved,:redface: it’s just the way it goes sometimes. :)

Funny that you should say that, i, with a lot of luck i got eight place from @GEO147
with half a lap to go.
looked 200 meters up the road and saw a Mclaren 650 (@HF2000 ) and nissan gtr
( @Allen Cotton ) ahead and thought no hope of catching those two. Next thing i saw
was the McLaren at right angle to the road heading for the banking. Then i saw that
Allen in the Nissan was obviously struggling, he then unfortunately ran wide in the
last corner and i luckily managed to snick past.

None of the above was deserved,:redface: it’s just the way it goes sometimes. :)
I think you may have even got 7th Ernie. I was desperately trying not to make a BIG mistake to stay in the top 10, which caused me to make a few smaller ones near the end.

Well George, nice of you to say that :thumbsup:, but to be honest, since I started simracing about 8 weeks ago I make one mistake every race that costs me 2 or 3 places :(. I hope that goes away when I get more experience.
We started pretty much the exact same time Han. I put my rig together at Christmas. Loving it so far. This was the first race I didn't bin it myself :)

Taking the opportunity - what kind of hardware/rig are you guys using?
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite kit with loadcell.. Used a kitchen chair until January :roflmao: but then bought a Playseat Challenge. Unfortunately, the Fanatec pedals don't fit very well on the pedal mounting, they are too wide. This led to a "small incident" at the end of qualifiying :D:thumbsdown::whistling:.. Need to fix them somehow. Maybe with a (suitcase) strap.
I have one 27 inch WQHD monitor.. I'm more "low budget" (until now;))
Who uses VR? I'm thinking about buying the Samsung Odyssey+ in the next months (Import from the USA):cautious:

I did have the same setup and the same problem with pedals, had to strip and drill
holes into the pedals base to suit the playseat pedal mount. Tried everything but
with the pedals being a load cell and the forces they absorb, they always came loose.
So drilling and bolting was my only solution.:)
i was 6 seconds of the pace in my first gt3 races, it won’t be long before you guys
will not have to put up with me for much longer.:(:)
Lots of help on these forum’s for Samsung, i prefere monitor, but i am the first to
admit that people and myself are faster ( how much is subjective ) with VR.

Taking the opportunity - what kind of hardware/rig are you guys using?
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite kit with loadcell.. Used a kitchen chair until January :roflmao: but then bought a Playseat Challenge. Unfortunately, the Fanatec pedals don't fit very well on the pedal mounting, they are too wide. This led to a "small incident" at the end of qualifiying :D:thumbsdown::whistling:.. Need to fix them somehow. Maybe with a (suitcase) strap.
I have one 27 inch WQHD monitor.. I'm more "low budget" (until now;))
Who uses VR? I'm thinking about buying the Samsung Odyssey+ in the next months (Import from the USA):cautious:
I am using a logitech G27 (steering wheel and pedals) and a normal office chair. I'm wondering if pedals with loadcell are worth the investment including a playseat. Can you guys give me some advise on that? I use a 49 inch curved monitor.

I am using a logitech G27 (steering wheel and pedals) and a normal office chair. I'm wondering if pedals with loadcell are worth the investment including a playseat. Can you guys give me some advise on that? I use a 49 inch curved monitor.

I had a Logitech Driving Force GT before the Fanatec. Imo the Fanatec is much better and definetely worth the money - especially the loadcell kit is fantastic and you can brake much more precisely.
I'm also very happy with the playseat, though the sitting position could be better, especially for taller people.. But I don't have enough room for a "real" race seat at the moment, so I will stick with it.

I had a Logitech Driving Force GT before the Fanatec. Imo the Fanatec is much better and definetely worth the money - especially the loadcell kit is fantastic and you can brake much more precisely.
I'm also very happy with the playseat, though the sitting position could be better, especially for taller people.. But I don't have enough room for a "real" race seat at the moment, so I will stick with it.
Thank you for this information. May I ask how tall you are? I am 1,84m (6 ft).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.3%