AC GT3 @ Portimao Sun 17 Mar 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Can I have a go in a Mercedes please?

I tried to speak to you even though I have no idea if you was in TS ...you must abide by the rules REAL FULL name only...thank you.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Sorry guys. Was doing a race with the Pimax 5k+. Not a good experience so far. Started getting flashes on screen along with audio cutouts.

For anyone wondering about these units, I'd stay away unless you want to do some expensive alpha/beta testing.Was looking forward to a good race. Sorry to guys around me for driving erratic. I couldn't concentrate.

Sorry guys. Was doing a race with the Pimax 5k+. Not a good experience so far. Started getting flashes on screen along with audio cutouts.

For anyone wondering about these units, I'd stay away unless you want to do some expensive alpha/beta testing.Was looking forward to a good race. Sorry to guys around me for driving erratic. I couldn't concentrate.

Thanks for the heads up Robert ...hope to see you next week if not before :thumbsup:

Sorry for not participating in the event, but the nurse came much later than normal for my morphine injection :( I suffer with some side effect for about 90 mins, so I just could not race.

I jumped in and out of several. Chris and Tariq where battling out in front, there was also a great battle going on behind them, which included about four drivers.

@Miguel Batista ..thanks for changing your name, sorry but it is a very strict policy that we must police :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the podiums, very well deserved, this is a very difficult track to go around at winning pace :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry for not participating in the event, but the nurse came much later than normal for my morphine injection :( I suffer with some side effect for about 90 mins, so I just could not race.

I jumped in and out of several. Chris and Tariq where battling out in front, there was also a great battle going on behind them, which included about four drivers.

@Miguel Batista ..thanks for changing your name, sorry but it is a very strict policy that we must police :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the podiums, very well deserved, this is a very difficult track to go around at winning pace :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Not at all. I just don't have access to teamspeak yet [what I mean is that I connect but don't have any permissions and can't hear anyone.]. managed to join the race with real name in the end. good fun. First time in this track, learned it on the race, my gf walked in on me and scared me (oculus + headset), forgot to load my setup during race so ended up having to go to pits and load it, next time I will do better. By the end, laps where I messed up were as fast as my laps where I didn't mess up in qualy and beginning of the race.

Last edited:
One of the most difficult I ever raced at. I mean, I'd prefer Bathurst over this ;) Especially in the R8 you see NOTHING at the left because of this net at the window... Was able to get 5th, more wasn't able tonight. Grats to the podium and to my teammate in front of me ;)

One of the most difficult I ever raced at. I mean, I'd prefer Bathurst over this ;) Especially in the R8 you see NOTHING at the left because of this net at the window... Was able to get 5th, more wasn't able tonight. Grats to the podium and to my teammate in front of me ;)

Indeed, especially the AC version, there are two blind corners, not so in the RF2 version ...this track does not give you a minutes rest eh, there is no point where you can relax, every bend requires the correct line.

Indeed, especially the AC version, there are two blind corners, not so in the RF2 version ...this track does not give you a minutes rest eh, there is no point where you can relax, every bend requires the correct line.
And some of the lines are weird af. It took me until probably around 15 mins before end to understand that weird double corner close to the end. After you have a sweeping left turn climbing and then the track ends there and you have to turn in and then the track ends right in front of you again and you have to turn in again and then you go downhill, left turn uphill and hook and then the corner behind the final corner which was another headache on its own. Jeepers. And I was using VR so the differences in the track are really scary.

@Craig Dunkley , sorry to hear that you are in pain, so a special thanks for still running
this race.:thumbsup:

What a diffjcult circuit, had no grip st all, traction control was buzzing away merrily most of
the time. Overtaking is Sooooo difficult. The Mclaren’s and Porsche which were brilliantly
driven, gave me so much grief, especially out if the corners, they just disappeared.
To cap it all, had to take big risks to overtake ( hope i did it in a gentlemany way )!
( i don’t think i hit anyone ) . Then a lap latter promptly came off, i managed to do this three
times. :laugh::laugh:
So i had the same company through out the whole race.

just managed to pass a nissan gtr gt3 on the last corner, i could see he was having even
worse problems than me.

Funnily what should have been the worst race i have had, turned into the most fun. :thumbsup:

thanks guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Somehow the car I prepped and saved yesterday performed miserably in practice to day so I had to start all over again. But really, it didn't help, this track while fun puts a strain on my ability to stay on the road, just completing the hour was all I had in mind from the drop of the flag.

there's always next Sunday, oops, I probably won't be able to make it.

@Craig Dunkley thanks for tonight's race my friend, most especially 'cos of what you've been through tonight :)

Thanks also to @hary2 Harald and @Mikele4 Andre for being such fair racers - great fun with Harald in the last few laps - found it hard to concentrate with you in my mirror:p Indeed, I was in a Kronthaler sandwich most of the race:ninja:

Congrats to Chris and Tariq, great pace and strategy as always!

Sorry to hear your in pain Craig. Your so good to make all the arrangements for us all regardless. Much appreciated.

Was a great race for a newb like me to finish in 8th. Was under severe pressure from Han Fazzi towards the end. Was a super enjoyable race. Thanks again Craig.

Grats to Chris on the win, front 5 just blindingly fast compared to my pace but gives me something to aspire to. Strange race, was in a great battle for 6th, 7th and 8th and got to the half way point expecting to see a fuel warning and when it didn't I continued for another 2 laps deleting 5 liters of fuel from my pit strategy. After pitting didn't really see anyone until about 4 laps to go when my fuel light came on and I'm thinking, WTF! So then I had to start short shifting and trying to lift and coast which is really difficult when you haven't practiced it for years. I could see a group of 3 cars catching me and tyres were still good but fuel was definitely an issue, I started the last lap with the fuel icon already deep red so I really tried to back it down without giving away my position with 3 guys behind me fighting over who would be first to get by, great pass by Kek into that last long right onto the start straight and tbh I would have settled for the other 2 coming by as well as long as I finished in the top 10. Really enjoyed this race and am now going to look more closely at pit stops and the McLaren. Wont be here for the next 2 weeks as I'm off on my holidays so will see you all in a fortnight. 1 quick question though, are the race results and fastest lap times posted anywhere?.

Last edited:
Wow, that was a tough race! :confused:
Big thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting the race despite your situation, sad that you couldn't participate:(
And congrats to the podium, especially Tariq and Chris were crazily fast :confused:
It was really, really hard to keep that Porsche on the track. After 15 mins or so I managed to keep a stable pace and to hold 6th position. Then after pitstop, I lost many positions:( That Porsche is consuming tires like a monster, so I had to change them.. But I've had way too much fuel, I think 19 litres were left at the end of the race:roflmao: And my setup was too aggressive.. I think I'll switch back to the McLaren in the next race, since it's easier to drive than the furious Porsche :p
Had some awesome battles, too (I think with one of the Austrian guys at the beginning of the race) and later with @HF2000 and @Kek700 (you've overtaken me while being off the track but it's ok since you were faster anyway ;)) :thumbsup:

That was my first time driving that track. It reminded me a much safer Sears Point/Sonoma Raceway that I used to race and drive at back home. I enjoyed its constant elevation changes and blind corners. Lots of cool corners.

The track could do with some brake markers though. Not sure if they ran out of budget....maybe a kickstarter would help.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%