AC GT3 @ Okayama - Sunday 26th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am going with the Z4 at basically standard setup, just put up the tire preassure a tiny notch.
Still have understeering. But I started sim racing like two weeks ago, so I have no experience.
My fastest lap atm is a 1:31:717, but I am relatively consistent in the high and low 1:32 region which is fine for me.
That is certainly not bad for a beginner!

@all

thanks for the good advice and encouraging words. Much appreciated !! Nice to see that this is such a friendly and helpful community
Did my first race a few months ago here, spinned like 4 time and finished 24e (last i think haha). But it was such good (and fair) racing, i loved it! Just try it, doesn’t matter if you finish last. You learn so much in these races. The top guys are so bloody fast, so it’s always nice to compare your lap times with them and try to get as close as posible.

We are getting some unexpected visit in the evening. Could be that I am not going to make it :( . Every time Okayama is on the schedule something unexpected comes up on race day.

I'm not normally keen on long races but I feel like giving this one a go - 911 please ;)
(I've been spinning a bit less in practice since I dialled the TC back one notch, IIRC @Spilskinanka)

Edit: oh and I have to ask - what tyre strategy would be recommended for the race? (Clueless about long stints in these cars and no time to do some stints to find out :laugh:)

I'm not normally keen on long races but I feel like giving this one a go - 911 please ;)
(I've been spinning a bit less in practice since I dialled the TC back one notch, IIRC @Spilskinanka)

Edit: oh and I have to ask - what tyre strategy would be recommended for the race? (Clueless about long stints in these cars and no time to do some stints to find out :laugh:)

Sorry mate, I'm a real noob in motorsports.
How can a car become more stable if you turn down traction control??

Sorry mate, I'm a real noob in motorsports.
How can a car become more stable if you turn down traction control??
Well, I mean I made it one notch more likely to intervene (lower slip threshold). In the amazing topsy-turvy reality of AC, that actually means a lower number. Zero is off, but 1 is the "safest" level and the highest available number is the closest level to "off". (Hope that made sense! :roflmao:)

@Chris Down is it fair to ask, to sign me up with a R8 as reserve, just if I can make it in time and don't steal the last spot from another one?

I've no idea if it's a hard task or just putting a car on the list...

Welcome! It's not a problem, I'll just add you.

Common strategies are:
  • Soft, 50% fuel at stop and no tyre change
  • Soft, 50% fuel at stop and tyre change
  • Medium, 50% fuel at stop and no tyre change
  • Medium, 1l fuel at stop and no tyre change
...although others are available. I've done some other mixes too, depending on how much I think track position is going to fit in.

For soft to last 30+ minutes you need to be pretty careful with them. I'd recommend sticking with one set of mediums and doing 50% fuel if you are just getting used to it :)

When I raced the 911 I burned the rear tyres so I never used the softs in these events.

I think I have the stupidest statement on this site ever. Ran into some friends and we had a couple of beers. I'm completely wasted (shitfaced in English) now. So racing will not work. If you all think it's okay I still want to login to the server to hear the communication and see lap times, but only as an observer

That way I can check if all software is correctly installed as well

@Chris Down, I feel like a dumbass, but since you're brittain, I guess you'll understand

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.