AC GT3 @ Okayama - Sunday 26th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks, I'm gonna do some testing with all cars and most consistent average laptime will be the choice I guess.
I'll let you know
Thanks

Hmmmm,
I've been doing some extensive testing and I think that this track is not suitable for a beginner like myself.
I think the track is too short and too narrow for me, causing a lot of blue flag situations
I'm an absolute beginner and it will be annoing for you guys who are undoubtfuly a lot faster.

I'll do some more practicing but I'm doubting about debuting on this track

Last edited:
Dont worry. Its also my first ever race. I also realized I am like 2.5 - 3 sec behind the faster guys.
But as long as I am keeping myself on the track its OK. Did some practice the last three days and get pretty stable times now without spinning or leaving the track. Not fast but consistent. And there are some good spots for faster cars to pass.

Dont worry. Its also my first ever race. I also realized I am like 2.5 - 3 sec behind the faster guys.
But as long as I am keeping myself on the track its OK. Did some practice the last three days and get pretty stable times now without spinning or leaving the track. Not fast but consistent. And there are some good spots for faster cars to pass.

Thanks for that reply, makes me feel somewhat better
Have to admit to I have just started on this track, still have 2 days to grow into it...
Whats your average training laptime if you don't mind me asking?

I am going with the Z4 at basically standard setup, just put up the tire preassure a tiny notch.
Still have understeering. But I started sim racing like two weeks ago, so I have no experience.
My fastest lap atm is a 1:31:717, but I am relatively consistent in the high and low 1:32 region which is fine for me.

I am going with the Z4 at basically standard setup, just put up the tire preassure a tiny notch.
Still have understeering. But I started sim racing like two weeks ago, so I have no experience.
My fastest lap atm is a 1:31:717, but I am relatively consistent in the high and low 1:32 region which is fine for me.

I'm doing some quick races (6 laps) now with all the cars, so far the Nissan seems to suit me best personaly.
Laptime is not really consistent enough yet but it's getting better

Hmmmm,
I've been doing some extensive testing and I think that this track is not suitable for a beginner like myself.
I think the track is too short and too narrow for me, causing a lot of blue flag situations
I'm an absolute beginner and it will be annoing for you guys who are undoubtfuly a lot faster.

Really, don't worry about it. There are some who race here who are world record holders, some who race who are midfield, and some who are at the back. All of that is fine: there's no need to self-restrict entry based on how fast you are. :)

If anything the best way to learn is to start racing with us. Getting better, whether in terms of speed or consistency, takes practice. AI won't help anywhere near as much as racing regularly with others will.

Last edited:
That's more than quick enough, i'm doing around the same and I'm normally mid pack. Even doing 1.34 you'd only be getting lapped by the first few guys.
@dg222 I had my first race a few months ago and as long as you can just drive round and not spin on every corner that's all you need, the fast drivers will just go round you. Just remember there's a mandatory pit stop for a minimum of 1L fuel, your choice if you also swap tyres or not, so rememeber to set a pit strategy. If you're anthing like me it's worth practising a pit entry as some of them are tricky. Sorry if you know this already, I remember I was terrified for my first one haha

Try to set some goals also. Let's say: i want to do 15 laps without going out of track. Then, see a middle time, not the best, but not the worst and try to do that consistent. It's good for learning the car and the track. Then try to use all the fuel tank without going out of track. You get used to. If you miss and objective, reset.
Thanks for that reply, makes me feel somewhat better
Have to admit to I have just started on this track, still have 2 days to grow into it...
Whats your average training laptime if you don't mind me asking?

Hmmmm,

This is the most gentle track we have visited for months, no adverse cambers, great gravel traps [just for me], lots of easy passing places for the fast drivers.
Just get stuck in, it justs makes the race more interesting for all involved.

If these are your laps for a starter than Chris better watch out- you're looking like a natural.
Looks like I might have someone to race against if I can keep it on the black stuff.

Just a note , make sure you have the track temperature set correctly on your own race track. 20C for the race.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 32 11.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 92 33.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 157 57.5%