AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Fri 07Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks all, that was a fun race. That track is always tough. Somehow I found myself dropped on the grid with only qualifying fuel, so I had to pit at lap 2, load up and try to stretch the tires which worked out better than I expected. I'll be on the lookout for that next time. Congrats to the podium finishers.

Thanks all, that was a fun race. That track is always tough. Somehow I found myself dropped on the grid with only qualifying fuel, so I had to pit at lap 2, load up and try to stretch the tires which worked out better than I expected. I'll be on the lookout for that next time. Congrats to the podium finishers.
Really glad you enjoyed it and glad you raced with us. Look forward to seeing you again:thumbsup:

Well, given it was a club race I've no real idea how to go about this the proper way...but here goes.

I'd like to be disqualified from the race results, and of course, since it was a club race that's not "officially" possible, but I want it to be known here.

It was a good race. I had fun, made mistakes, and then found myself out front somehow.
Never really imagined the Porsche was able...and thus, I over compensated for that and stepped outside the rules near the end of the 8th lap.

I like winning races, but I never seek to win by stepping outside the rules. I read the situation incorrectly, and ended up screwing up what was a great race up until that point.

I had no intention to step outside the rules, and there's no real need to go into detail as this was discussed via TS last night to closure. But I did want my words to remain in this thread since it's the only real "official" data that will ever exist on the race.

It is what is, I cannot change it now...but I can apologize.
I am sorry for tainting what was a good run. And I hereby relinquish the win. I'd have rather DNF'd in the barrier somewhere and finished last than have it go down like it did. Winning is not that important to me...certainly and especially not in some club races.

You are a good man.

The race you have done was amazing and the consistency and pace you showed in that Porsche while keeping cool under pressure was a great thing to witness (I sat in the pits at that time and watched the battle).

You seem not to have been aware of this gentlemen agreement of not weaving to break off slipstream. I know we do this when in a fun race from time to time between hooligan friends who know how to take such actions on track with a smirk but I think in this case it just wasn't necessary technically and everyone in the race seemed to be more serious about the race than these usually are in the US Club … as it is the Nordschleife ;-)

I am absolutely sure knowing all people involved for a bit too long ;-) that all is longtime forgiven and talking about it in TS has cleared things up.

I am absolutely certain to make sure that whenever I see The Chancer in my rearview mirror I am going to:

giphy.gif

… like a mad man all the way down Döttinger Höhe IN HIS FACE !!!

Jay, sorry for the late response. My notifications are not working correctly
so that combined with this leg issue, I'm just really behind:unsure:
I'd like to be disqualified from the race results, and of course, since it was a club race that's not "officially" possible, but I want it to be known here.
No way!!!!! We talked about it and we're all good. You drove a great race. I'm the one that went off at the end of the straight because of my own screw up.

I had no intention to step outside the rules, and there's no real need to go into detail as this was discussed via TS last night to closure. But I did want my words to remain in this thread since it's the only real "official" data that will ever exist on the race.

It is what is, I cannot change it now...but I can apologize.
I am sorry for tainting what was a good run. And I hereby relinquish the win. I'd have rather DNF'd in the barrier somewhere and finished last than have it go down like it did. Winning is not that important to me...certainly and especially not in some club races.
And this is why we like having you around. You're a stand up guy, great driver and very fair. Had you known the swerving wasn't allowed, you wouldn't have done it. So apology accepted and please, please, PLEASE keep racing with me and The Hooligans:)

Yep, I'm the ring leader at Le Mans with some Krazy German chasing me down that's 2 - 4 seconds a lap faster than me in the DRM's:D
When a man loves something as much and deeply as I love my 935K3 that man can take on the world, including The Chancer and …

… still looses with a haps face.

I didn't know that I had dated your mom before. She's still got it:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I never actually wanted to tell you this … but … she was not my mom.

It was nice Bobby, … it was niiiiiiiiiice. And you make such a nice breakfast too.

760233ab0a0ee0bfe2fd4726b41cf17e.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back