AC GT3 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife - Sunday 18th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Last lap, last sector rasmus somehow closed a 3 second gap. I was taking it a little easy, as back of the car was getting sketchy. The temps are at their highest there too, but still... into the second carousel he was right behind me all of a sudden.
Hehe yeah after my off-road action at Schwedenkreuz (went off on the right side grass at the left bump and slid across it in parallel to the braking zone, full on braking..
Slightly pointed the car to the right when abs-screeching across the turn in point and managed to hit the outside barrier in a good angle, lol.

After that, I was wide awake and managed my best Sector 2&3 of the race (can't see it due to the 2 crashes :whistling:)
I didn't know where i was when the car settled. Just happy to still be on right side of the track! and not looking at pit straight and T1 of the nordschleife! Car stayed on the ground luckily :)
Thought about taking your perspective for the crash video but that looked a bit too wild to post :barefoot::sick:
Car was pretty slidey so I tried to get a bit of an angle at the turn to try and leave space for you at the outside... Didn't work out :confused::laugh::thumbsdown::)
If it wouldn't have been the last lap with a big gap behind us, I would've never tried this! Thanks to the low damage, I thought we'd either get through it cleanly or you'd get your P3, which was the case :)
I didn't expected your car to do over 9000 spins though :redface::roflmao:

I tried to give you as much space as I could without getting bumped onto the grass on the right through the turn. It's a nasty corner side by side!

Looking at the replay, your tyres probably were too shredded and my front end too damaged to go through there side by side.

The error was that I got too close in the slipstream and couldn't get enough speed difference before going next to you.
Lesson learnt! And sorry again!

Would've been interesting if I would've just went past with you getting back at me side by side through the turn in switched positions :D

Happy holidays all! Hopefully I'll see some of you on Wednesday :)

Hehe yeah after my off-road action at Schwedenkreuz (went off on the right side grass at the left bump and slid across it in parallel to the braking zone, full on braking..
Slightly pointed the car to the right when abs-screeching across the turn in point and managed to hit the outside barrier in a good angle, lol.

After that, I was wide awake and managed my best Sector 2&3 of the race (can't see it due to the 2 crashes :whistling:)

Thought about taking your perspective for the crash video but that looked a bit too wild to post :barefoot::sick:

If it wouldn't have been the last lap with a big gap behind us, I would've never tried this! Thanks to the low damage, I thought we'd either get through it cleanly or you'd get your P3, which was the case :)
I didn't expected your car to do over 9000 spins though :redface::roflmao:
Ooof ye it looked like 5/6 full 360 spins in a few seconds. Should have closed my eyes, but thought I could still catch it :roflmao:
I tried to give you as much space as I could without getting bumped onto the grass on the right through the turn. It's a nasty corner side by side!

Looking at the replay, your tyres probably were too shredded and my front end too damaged to go through there side by side.

Ye maybe on fresh tyres 100% cars and track grip we could have made it some of the times!!
The error was that I got too close in the slipstream and couldn't get enough speed difference before going next to you.
Lesson learnt! And sorry again!
No apology needed. I expected you to go for it. You probably would have taken the position into the right hander if you made it around the outside. Not sure how many attempts it would take!!
Would've been interesting if I would've just went past with you getting back at me side by side through the turn in switched positions :D
I thought of lifting early to let you pass but the gap was a little too big so I just kept 'er lit :) Gave a very slight lift coming up the hill to get you out in the headwind up the hill. Didn't want you to get the sling shot over the hill!
Happy holidays all! Hopefully I'll see some of you on Wednesday :)

Enjoy the Holidays Rasmus :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I watched that crash from Brian's in-car POV using my replay and it wasn't too bad. I can't stomach very fast up-down rotation in VR, but left-right is somehow OK for me
That is pretty normal. VR messes with your vestibular system which is more sensitive to up and down movement.

@Interslice I am sorry I missed this one. Hoping for some normality in my schedule from January. Have a great christmas and new year everybody.

Made peace with nordschleife today and shot one 8:23:99 with my BMW on mediums :sneaky:

But one question in general: do you use steering gamma on a DD wheel? I used a quite high 1.40 with the porsche on SPA when I drove my best laps ever, but I think thats incredible risky, because of massive over-correcting when the car goes sideways. Now I am down to 1.10 and it feels okay. I'm curious which setting you guys use? thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Made peace with nordschleife today and shot one 8:23:99 with my BMW on mediums :sneaky:
Nice one! That's a good time!
But one question in general: do you use steering gamma on a DD wheel? I used a quite high 1.40 with the porsche on SPA when I drove my best laps ever, but I think thats incredible risky, because of massive over-correcting when the car goes sideways. Now I am down to 1.10 and it feels okay. I'm curious which setting you guys use? thanks in advance!
Eeehhhhh what?
Steering gamma should be set to 1.00 and never be touched, same for steering linearity and the speed sensitivity (keep them at default!).

AC has the real steering degrees for all the cars stored. You just use a high enough value in your wheelbase and in AC (same value!) and AC will put every car 1 to 1 according to reality.

Only downside is that there's no lock at the end. The virtual wheel simply stops turning after the real life limit.

Nice one! That's a good time!

Eeehhhhh what?
Steering gamma should be set to 1.00 and never be touched, same for steering linearity and the speed sensitivity (keep them at default!).

AC has the real steering degrees for all the cars stored. You just use a high enough value in your wheelbase and in AC (same value!) and AC will put every car 1 to 1 according to reality.

Only downside is that there's no lock at the end. The virtual wheel simply stops turning after the real life limit.
If it's a Fanatec DD then these setting are a good starting point...

Thanks guys. Dont know where my 1.40 setup initially came from but I‘ll set it to 1 and try to get used to it :thumbsdown:
I‘ve seen the AC config for fanatec earlier, think the most of my settings are the same.
@RasmusP someone stated you‘d had posted your ffb settings somewhere, right? Could you share them again please?

Thanks guys. Dont know where my 1.40 setup initially came from but I‘ll set it to 1 and try to get used to it :thumbsdown:
I‘ve seen the AC config for fanatec earlier, think the most of my settings are the same.
@RasmusP someone stated you‘d had posted your ffb settings somewhere, right? Could you share them again please?
Yes, just happen to be at the PC for a few minutes :)
I have the opinion, that as long as your wheelbase is strong enough, the ffb should not be clipping during normal driving but should definitely be clipping during crashes, sausage kerbs etc.
There's no need in replicating the real forces during these scenarios.

I'm using a 30cm mclaren rim and 80% wheelbase strength (8 Nm * 0,8 = 6.4 Nm maximum).
With my old 32cm Porsche rim, I used 90-100%.
Most cars are left at 100% per-car-gain or lowered. (Audi R8 at Nordschleife was at 75%).

1671625689471.png

1671625706054.png

1671625721783.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back