AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 7th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Was great to have you! :)

I just watched how Patrick threw me across T1 (looks pretty hilarious btw but luckily no damage, no spin and just some fast & furious like superboost across straight through it :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ).

And then I notices that when a few cars in front of you braked kinda early for T1 and you probably too late, you tried to avoid them across the inside grass.

That's one advice I can give you from experience:
When there's tarmac in front of you, never try to "avoid" on someone's inside. If you would've just went straight through the tarmac emergency gateway (the one I flew through haha), nothing would've happened.

Not blaming you, just a general advice for your future races here with us :)

And while posting this, here's the scariest scene from my race. No blame, just awful situation... One of these moments where a double waved yellow with actually following the flag rules would be great for simracing...
Sorry for the poor AMG I've made flying in circles :barefoot::whistling:

And thanks to everyone for the good race! Some mistakes here and there but overall very happy with P10! Some good battles and overtakes on the track today :)

THAT'S ME! What a curious livery. I felt SO bad for crashing into you. I was being overtaken by a 3 in a blue flag situation, and 3-wide before the bridge come too close. This basically ended my race. I tried to back on track, but didn't see you coming. My rears were destroyed by by a very long slide, and I would have had to pit anyway so I just decided to call it quits at this point. :(

I also feel some of the new drivers need a talking to. Some people can handle a car, but have no idea how to race. I HATE it when someone tried to take the same racing line as always when you're fighting side-by-side. You can't move through another car. You have to sacrifice your line, even if you're winning the battle.

On another note I'm sorry for anybody I hit today. It was just a bad day for me.

First of all I am ok with P7 considering the big grid and quality drivers.

Had again a perfect start and was able to overtake two lambos. But that joy lasted not that long as they were as expected that much quicker on the straight. Ernie was driving around me on the main straight could not do anything but that was ok as he was faster anyway.

After that had a lonely race with no mistakes from my side. Was under pressure from Cornelius who was couple seconds behind but could avoid a mistake. Was on 50 50 strategy on softs as I could not get mediums on temperature for a different strategy.
So after all ok with my constant pace and doing no mistake but race pace was not quick enough. Don't know where to find the last second here, was only able to do 1.49s but no 1.48. Maybe I will find out sometime, as well improving setups is not my strength, it's more try and error....

Congrats to podium and thx @Chris Down for organizing.
cu next race

THAT'S ME! What a curious livery. I felt SO bad for crashing into you. I was being overtaken by a 3 in a blue flag situation, and 3-wide before the bridge come too close. This basically ended my race. I tried to back on track, but didn't see you coming. My rears were destroyed by by a very long slide, and I would have had to pit anyway so I just decided to call it quits at this point. :(
Hehe yeah it was you :p
I installed some custom liveries for the AMG GT3 about 3 years ago. I renamed them to the original files so I see these liveries in the online races haha.

I don't blame you for reversing there! The gap was really big and you were stuck with the nose into the barrier with no run off on either side...

My only advise would probably be to look at the realtime app and make sure there's a 5s gap minimum. Then reverse into the wall, brake and stop there so people will go by at the front of your car. Then wait for the next 5s gap and continue to rejoin.

But this happened to all of us.. I have videos of my flipping around after a bad rejoin in awful places.
Without slow downs during yellow flags in simracing, there's nothing really to do about it. Happens from time to time :)

Hehe yeah it was you :p
I installed some custom liveries for the AMG GT3 about 3 years ago. I renamed them to the original files so I see these liveries in the online races haha.

I don't blame you for reversing there! The gap was really big and you were stuck with the nose into the barrier with no run off on either side...

My only advise would probably be to look at the realtime app and make sure there's a 5s gap minimum. Then reverse into the wall, brake and stop there so people will go by at the front of your car. Then wait for the next 5s gap and continue to rejoin.

But this happened to all of us.. I have videos of my flipping around after a bad rejoin in awful places.
Without slow downs during yellow flags in simracing, there's nothing really to do about it. Happens from time to time :)

I forgot that I had the map open. I think I was a bit in shock at what happened, and couldn't think clearly. I wanted to get my car off the road and back on the track. Eventually I retired as I would have had to pit again, with fewer than 10 minutes remaining. Here's how it unfolded:

First time I've used 0-0 wing on the Lambo. I typically use 1-3, as 1 on the front gives it the pointy handling that I like in the Lambo, but I guess 0-0 works quite well here. Combined it with a really soft rear to get good traction and to keep the wing out of the air at the end of straight. Before the race, I flipped a coin to decide on the strategy, as according to my calculations, the two options were incredibly close (Starting with a full tank on mediums, taking 1L at the stop or what I went for, 2x 50L and 2x softs.) Thanks for the fight @Chris Down and @Aksu !

First time I've used 0-0 wing on the Lambo. I typically use 1-3, as 1 on the front gives it the pointy handling that I like in the Lambo, but I guess 0-0 works quite well here. Combined it with a really soft rear to get good traction and to keep the wing out of the air at the end of straight. Before the race, I flipped a coin to decide on the strategy, as according to my calculations, the two options were incredibly close (Starting with a full tank on mediums, taking 1L at the stop or what I went for, 2x 50L and 2x softs.) Thanks for the fight @Chris Down and @Aksu !

Note to self: GT-R is tall. Do not try to spot braking markers over the top of GT-R, it will not work.

Hi Chris. I'm over it already. I suggest you use Realtime app. You can see if the car behind you is lapping you. It will be green. White are the cars in the same lap and blue are the cars that a lap behind. See you next race than?
im going to be at every race i can, im totally hooked!
i couldnt find the realtime app, but i found one called substanding, which looks to be about the same concept.

i went to watch the replay of the race and realized that my allocated memory settings were very low. therefore, i dont have a recording of our race. would it be possible to obtain the replay file so that i could watch the replay?

I forgot that I had the map open. I think I was a bit in shock at what happened, and couldn't think clearly. I wanted to get my car off the road and back on the track. Eventually I retired as I would have had to pit again, with fewer than 10 minutes remaining. Here's how it unfolded:

Also had a look at this situation again. I really dont want to blame anyone here, cause it just was very tight and a small bump was all it took. But, you were the car that got lapped, and there are two other cars fighting for position behind you. An easy fix would be just to lift the throttle a bit and let bowth cars path. Specially in this situation, when you didnt hit the apex properly.
I realized, that I was way faster out of the corner then Cornelius and you. By also applying full 100% throttle you didnt gave us the chance to pass quickly which leads into the 3 wide situation. Thats what I wrote earlier. Just lift a little at the beginning of the straight and not at the end. Again dont want to blame anyone here, we are all learning race by race.

Also had a look at this situation again. I really dont want to blame anyone here, cause it just was very tight and a small bump was all it took. But, you were the car that got lapped, and there are two other cars fighting for position behind you. An easy fix would be just to lift the throttle a bit and let bowth cars path. Specially in this situation, when you didnt hit the apex properly.
I realized, that I was way faster out of the corner then Cornelius and you. By also applying full 100% throttle you didnt gave us the chance to pass quickly which leads into the 3 wide situation. Thats what I wrote earlier. Just lift a little at the beginning of the straight and not at the end. Again dont want to blame anyone here, we are all learning race by race.

I didn't think about that. I guess it was my fault. I'll try to be more mindful for the next race.

I dont get it!!!!!!!! How hard is it to make push to talk on TS!!! How hard is it to not overtake on the outlap for qualyfying!! How hard is to not race the guy who is lapping you!!! :thumbsdown:
Let us know who it was. It's the only was us slower guys can learn. I know I held @Aksu up with a tap in T1 as he was passing @Marko77. Sorry about that, I was driving defensively as I knew mark was going up the inside but didn't realise you were passing mark.

I'm realising how important it is to race with blue flags. I've lost count of the positions I've lost under blue flags when lifting off, only to find the car directly behind is actually racing me for position!

I've now installed this...

And it shows the whole track and colour codes the cars....

Green - you
Yellow - car ahead
Brown - car behind

I still got caught out a few times. But it's easier to realise that the cars in your mirrors also contains someone racing for position.

I do find it a bit odd that a car behind, that clearly also has a blue flag, is prioritizing overtaking me when they should be lifting off and letting a faster car through. I suppose it's all part of the skill of racing with blue flags.

In spite of being dumped out of the server at 53mins I still had a great time. I'm four races in now and my stress levels are beginning to lower. Was really pleased with the possibility of my best result. Next time...

Last edited:
Thanks @Chris Down for organizing and congrats to the podium :thumbsup:

It was my first race with my new Reverb G2 and yes, VR is a massive improvement over flat-screen racing in terms of judging distances, hitting the apex and all "depth-related" stuff. I could improve my PB by ~0.5 seconds and almost managed to hit my first 1.47 in qualy (missed out by 0.058 :cautious:)

I went for full-immersion, meaning I turned off every app. But that wasn't the best idea. Not knowing who you are racing against and if the other car may be under blue flag could lead to problems.

Had a little spin in the beginning and dropped a few places, ending up behind someone (see, that's why I need driver names :) ) and @Kek700. Managed to get past "someone" and started to chase down Ernie. After Ernie spun it was an uneventful race but I'm happy with P6. (that was a really strong grid yesterday)

PS: Can somebody explain me how to get off the line? I always lose at least one or two places from the starting line :/ Usually I'm at full throttle and when the lights go out, I click into first gear.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%