AC GT3 @ Imola - Wed 28 May 2014 (PDT)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Actually that could make a really interesting dynamic.
If the fastest guys drove the Lotus GTC, and the slower guys drove GT3's.

It could make for some pretty epic racing :)

Set like a benchmark time or something, and anyone who gets within a certain percentage of it has to drive the Lotus.

The best was watching Chris buckle down and start to reel me in. I was trying to keep consistent and not abuse the tires for the fight later on hoping Curtis would chew up his tires by the time he caught me. Was totally loving the strategy aspect of it.

Set like a benchmark time or something, and anyone who gets within a certain percentage of it has to drive the Lotus.
I especially like that the fastest guy is the one that is suggesting the idea, it is an interesting one being that we don't have weight penalties to work with. Great lap-times there Chris.

Say since we know how we performed on this race on this track. Maybe run this combo again next week and do that or maybe give different tire compounds

For instance the soft tires go off after a couple laps and can't be taken to the limit but you can still drive on them. Since you would need to back off to stay consistent it gives the slower guys a chance to reel you in.

So can you create a large enough gap to protect your lead or can they bring you back in.

Last edited:
The best was watching Chris buckle down and start to reel me in. I was trying to keep consistent and not abuse the tires for the fight later on hoping Curtis would chew up his tires by the time he caught me. Was totally loving the strategy aspect of it.

Yeah I was punishing my tires pretty hard trying to reel you in.
I was kinda sad when you spun off at the final corner because I wanted to battle with you! ahaha

Nah was a great race. Really fun :)

For instance the soft tires go off after a couple laps and can't be taken to the limit but you can still drive on them. Since you would need to back off to stay consistent out gives the slower guys a chance to reel you in.

So can you create a large enough gap to protect your lead or can they bring you back in.

That's also a great idea man. If the faster guys ran softs, so they couldn't push so hard.

I like that :)

@Emilio Collavino I'm not sure what happened at the start either. I can only guess that we drifted close to each other and the netcode decided to do bad things to us. Was looking a head and then boom I was into the wall. Your car actually looked like it went through the wall (netcode?) and then seemed to disappear. There was someone further up on the right in the grass that I am assuming was Dean. I ended up getting up to 4th place from starting 4th. I'm quite happy with that also.

I ended up following Lou around for a bit in the second third of the race. I was lapping a bit faster, but just couldn't find a way around... While looking at the map, it looked clear in front and behind, and I had no qualms about just hanging back saving the tires while trying to get a run on him. After getting by, I had a hard time trying to dial it back up and almost gave the spot back once or twice.

@Saleem Hodge @Chris Stacey

So since I ducked out early, I still have the first 2 laps in my replay folder, and managed to snag the bump between Chris and I. I'll chalk it up to lag and the still very buggy collision system. Not the end of the world though, there's always next time. :thumbsup:

P.S. If anyone else had anything in the first 2 laps that they'd like to see, let me know, and I'll do my best to get a video of it up.

Last edited:
@Saleem Hodge @Chris Stacey

So since I ducked out early, I still have the first lap in my replay folder, and managed to snag the bump between Chris and I. I'll chalk it up to lag and the still very buggy collision system. Not the end of the world though, there's always next time. :thumbsup:

P.S. If anyone else had anything in the first 2 laps that they'd like to see, let me know, and I'll do my best to get a video of it up.

Woah! That was very strange :\

Sorry about my car jumping around a bit. It must be difficult to race against.
I hope Kunos can improve the netcode enough so that higher pings won't be so negatively affected.

But from your angle it seemed like we had a great half-lap battle.
Was a lot of fun from my end!
I backed off into the chicane in the braking zone, you shouldn't have given me so much room! ahah Gotta be ruthless! ahah
Nah loved it!
Yeah, it was intense while it lasted! I launched over the chicane since I go off that spotter app you may have heard. Since its still kinda buggy, I always assume the car is still there for ~1 second after I hear the 'all clear' call. Next time I'll be sure to block... Err.. Drive down the middle in a respectful manner. :whistling:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.