AC GT3 @ Imola - Wed 28 May 2014 (PDT)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys. Quick series of questions: since it's my very first club race... how does it work? Under which name I look up for the server in the AC Multiplayer lobby? Do I need to get connected to TS and at what time? Also... I just discovered my freaking mic doesn't work... I can hear but I can't transmit voice... would this be a problem?
Sorry for the carpet-bombing questions but I'm juggling a bunch of stuff at the moment and probably I wouldn't be even able to eat until the end of race! Aaah! *hardcore mod on!!!*

Hey guys. Quick series of questions: since it's my very first club race... how does it work?

Our club events for Assetto Corsa use a schedule of: Booking --> Practice --> Qualifying --> Race.
Make sure you are booked into the server within the 60 minute window in which it's open. The password for the server will be given out by Saleem via Private Message. Do NOT leak this password. Doing so will result in a suspended license.

Under which name I look up for the server in the AC Multiplayer lobby?

The Racedepartment server will be called "RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 US", or something to that effect. But in the server search bar, just type in "Racedept" and it'll be enough to find all of our servers.

Do I need to get connected to TS and at what time? Also... I just discovered my freaking mic doesn't work... I can hear but I can't transmit voice... would this be a problem?
Yes, you must be logged into Teamspeak. This way, if something goes wrong with the server, or there are any other problems, then it can be communicated far more easily.

Use your real name. "Emilio Collavino" in Assetto Corsa. And do the same on Teamspeak.
To change your Assetto Corsa Profile name, you can find it in the AC settings section under the "Profile" section. There'll be your name at the top of the screen, and a little "edit" button. Press that to edit your AC profile name.

Also, it's fine if your mic doesn't work, just so long as you can text-chat if you have any concerns. :)
But TS is really about us being able to alert problems more quickly than the PM system here, or in the in-game chat in AC.

Last edited:
Our club events for Assetto Corsa use a schedule of: Booking --> Practice --> Qualifying --> Race.
Make sure you are booked into the server within the 60 minute window in which it's open. The password for the server will be given out by Saleem via Private Message. Do NOT leak this password. Doing so will result in a suspended license.

The Racedepartment server will be called "RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 US", or something to that effect. But in the server search bar, just type in "Racedept" and it'll be enough to find all of our servers.

Yes, you must be logged into Teamspeak. This way, if something goes wrong with the server, or there are any other problems, then it can be communicated far more easily.

Use your real name. "Emilio Collavino" in Assetto Corsa. And do the same on Teamspeak.
To change your Assetto Corsa Profile name, you can find it in the AC settings section under the "Profile" section. There'll be your name at the top of the screen, and a little "edit" button. Press that to edit your AC profile name.

Also, it's fine if your mic doesn't work, just so long as you can text-chat if you have any concerns. :)
But TS is really about us being able to alert problems more quickly than the PM system here, or in the in-game chat in AC.
Great man! Got everything now! I'll eat a quick pasta and then I'll reach you there! See you in a bit!

Sorry everyone for the race... I had to pull over and leave cause of an emergency. :-( It was fun btw! Hopefully I'll be finishing the entire Event next time we race... Don't know what happened at the beginning cause I can't see from the replay but I got bumped by someone... tough accident... from 5th to 12th... :-/ was 5th when I had to leave so at least I enjoyed regaining my original position.
Cheers.

It was a fun race. I was involved in the first lap accident too - I don't know what happened but, I got hit in the side after the initial contact between 2 or more cars. I started 6th and finished 6th so not bad for my first Race in AC. I did have a couple of contacts due to minor warping though - that really throws off the judgement when the racing is close.

Thanks Keith, the middle of the pack was running close times and that makes for good racing. There's nothing like slowly reeling in the car in front of you - much easier than trying to avoid making a mistake with someone on your tail applying pressure. Good racin' with you!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back