AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday January 22nd 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I drove the AMG during a pub race with 7 laps which was good enough to get consistent performance on softs throughout. Maybe 9-10 laps on softs since Imola isn't too bad on tires.

On the contrary, I thing AMG is a tire killer (very hard on rears) and Imola is very hard on the rights, specially right rear, that's why I asked. Which tires did you use in this race and how did they hold up in this temp?

hi @all
thx to all have a fair race. Also in hard infights it was always a pleasure to have fair Drivers around me. I have 2 questions to the People knowing on the curcuit what to do.
1. where did i see before the race starts how many laps it will be (in the description per race there is a time. So yesterday i divide the time by a virtual lap time and thought it would be 25 laps but it was 26 so i have no gas at the last round)
2. I trained Imola for me at the Z4. The best time was a 1:47:8xx. Also yesterday in Qualy i do this time. In the race i have a 1:48:5 in average. I don't go off the track so i would say i can drive stable laps. Now the question: i do something totally wrong to be so slow. I do not have this problems so much in Barcelona or Zandvoort. How can i sort out These driving or Setup mistakes.
thx for helping a slow Driver
hape
PS i drive without PitStop on Soft but the tyres are not warm in the race

hi @all
thx to all have a fair race. Also in hard infights it was always a pleasure to have fair Drivers around me. I have 2 questions to the People knowing on the curcuit what to do.
1. where did i see before the race starts how many laps it will be (in the description per race there is a time. So yesterday i divide the time by a virtual lap time and thought it would be 25 laps but it was 26 so i have no gas at the last round)
2. I trained Imola for me at the Z4. The best time was a 1:47:8xx. Also yesterday in Qualy i do this time. In the race i have a 1:48:5 in average. I don't go off the track so i would say i can drive stable laps. Now the question: i do something totally wrong to be so slow. I do not have this problems so much in Barcelona or Zandvoort. How can i sort out These driving or Setup mistakes.
thx for helping a slow Driver
hape
PS i drive without PitStop on Soft but the tyres are not warm in the race
1. You can see the race laps in the chat-menu in the pits.

2. Practice, practice, practice. Also watch videos on how the pros do it. You'll get the hang of it, I'm sure. If you find a bit of pace, the tires will come to temps, and that will give you even more speed, so it will "click" together eventually :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello guys, it was my first race with you and to be honest I was suprised by the high level of competition, you guys are aliens ! I was able to manage a 1.45.6 with my Z4 in quali and in race average in 1.46 / 1.47. Don't know how you manage to perform a 1.44.X !

Anyway, it was fun, started 11th was keeping my 6th place then but did a big mistake and get back further in the leaderboard. I think I touched someone (James?) because I was surprised by his breaking (or may be I just break too late :) ) Anyway sorry if it is the case.

See you on track.
Antoine

Hello guys, it was my first race with you and to be honest I was suprised by the high level of competition, you guys are aliens ! I was able to manage a 1.45.6 with my Z4 in quali and in race average in 1.46 / 1.47. Don't know how you manage to perform a 1.44.X !

Anyway, it was fun, started 11th was keeping my 6th place then but did a big mistake and get back further in the leaderboard. I think I touched someone (James?) because I was surprised by his breaking (or may be I just break too late :) ) Anyway sorry if it is the case.

See you on track.
Antoine

I never brake on exact braking point when behind someone, I lift off just before and slowly start pressing brake in advance, and then harder, so I end up right on the tail of a car in front. Not necessarily faster, but pretty safe. I'm not a pro after all, but it worked for me so far.
Also don't forget, when braking behind a car, you are in the draft, so less drag, less downforce, less brake cooling, consequently your braking distance is longer, a lot longer. I've learned that quite well at Monza after main straight. Good thing the guy was keeping an eye on the mirrors and there's an escape route. It feels almost like a brake failure at those speeds.

So what would have been the optimal tire choice? I am still confused.

There wasn't really, mediums were cold and softs lasted 30-35 mins for me, after that it got pretty difficult, but I would say for Ferrari still softs. A really good driver wouldn't find it that challenging I suppose, if I managed ok. They got pretty slow, but were driveable. Starting from higher on the grid, they would definitely be a choice because you can pull away a lot. Just gotta watch right rear temp and pressure on 488.

There wasn't really, mediums were cold and softs lasted 30-35 mins for me, after that it got pretty difficult, but I would say for Ferrari still softs. A really good driver wouldn't find it that challenging I suppose, if I managed ok. They got pretty slow, but were driveable. Starting from higher on the grid, they would definitely be a choice because you can pull away a lot. Just gotta watch right rear temp and pressure on 488.

I see. So you ran the same tyres for the whole race? I had softs too and went into the pits at around the 30 mins mark as the numbers for tyre wear became red at about 50 percent in the Sidekick App. The color code made me think that it would be time to change the tyres before they lose grip and die. What really confuses me in Assetto Corsa is the color coding and wear, because logic by the numbers would tell me that a tyre which is worn down half way, is still good for another 50 percent. So the appropriate color would be in this case yellow (in a color range from green to red). :confused:

I see. So you ran the same tyres for the whole race? I had softs too and went into the pits at around the 30 mins mark as the numbers for tyre wear became red at about 50 percent in the Sidekick App. The color code made me think that it would be time to change the tyres before they lose grip and die. What really confuses me in Assetto Corsa is the color coding and wear, because logic by the numbers would tell me that a tyre which is worn down half way, is still good for another 50 percent. So the appropriate color would be in this case yellow (in a color range from green to red). :confused:

Yes, entire race on one set, they turned red for me with I think 4 or 5 laps to go, but I don't think red means that they are gone. I use default AC tire app. In order not to make a mistake like that, calculate how long does a pit stop take, then calculate how much you loose per lap on old tires and see if pit worth it or not. Now that you mention it, the color coding doesn't make much sense, I think its more of a reference to level of degradation rather than actual amount of rubber left.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back