AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 12th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@SOLO59 daaaamn what a finish! According to simresults I came home 0.001s earlier than you but behind you. It was so close that the results are screwed, lol :D
That was really an awesome battle and hunting! My Audi was so oversteery it really wanted to kill me every corner but it was fun not being stuck alone like I was the first third of the race.

Thanks to @Steve O'Malley for the nice chase. I sadly couldn't understand you on TS, you were a bit too quiet.. Maybe activate the auto volume leveling in TS?
I thought we would be going for a nice and tight battle after me chasing you for quite some laps but you just left me through.
Didn't you want to battle? :redface::sneaky:

Thanks for hosting and participating guys! It's nice have such a blast week after week in these strange times!
Looking forward to next week! :)

Thank you for the great race all. Been 6 months since I've raced with you guys at least. Kept meaning too.

Wasn't expecting pole, so I'll take that as a plus. Great race with @pete ha@Erik Axelsson. For some reason i decided to go mediums and long until the last minute so change just before the lights went out, set my fuel up on the start finish buy forgot to set a tyre change. So had to pit twice :(

Those 25 mins with @Erik Axelsson behind me where stressful, thanks @Erik Axelsson .

Pace was crazy high, and i forgot how tough an hour race is, sweating my ass off.

Great to see so many familiar names racing.

Thanks again!

Dean and me entering the very last turn of the very last lap. It was really hard to resist just pushing him wide *oops* :roflmao: :whistling:

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_imola_12-4-120-23-11-48.jpg

Wow, you're really got outstanding pace wherever we go, @Chris Down :confused: it's really a treat do face off against you, I've never been in a battle so close and for that long in a race... Thank you for the clean racing mate!

As for the chicane, I guess I just set my car up for it, making my ride height pretty high and putting the rebound value high to stabilize the car in chicanes... You did scare the s*** out of me every time we went around Acqua Minerale, I don't know how you gain so much time there without hitting the curb and binning it every time around :O_o:.

Congrats to you and Evgeniy for the podium and thanks to all for the race! Something seemed wrong with my Teamspeak, I'm sorry if anyone addressed me mid-race and didn't get an answer :D

Damn what a consistency. Got a new set of pedals (new thrustmaster with loadcell ones) and tried this weekend to get used to them. In the process, I thought it would be nice to drive a red Mclaren 650s.

What a mistake

Spinning a total of 3 or 4 times in the race, never a red car again ;)
Had the pace to continue behind another McLaren, but due to misjudging braking zone either of him or me I full on sent in in the gravel trap on the first chicane. Other than that, today I learned to first adjust to the new pedals before sending it in the first corner.

Fun race, thanks @Chris Down and @Medilloni for organizing

Last edited:
Wow, you're really got outstanding pace wherever we go, @Chris Down :confused: it's really a treat do face off against you, I've never been in a battle so close and for that long in a race... Thank you for the clean racing mate!

To you too! That was a lot of fun and really exhausting :D

As for the chicane, I guess I just set my car up for it, making my ride height pretty high and putting the rebound value high to stabilize the car in chicanes... You did scare the s*** out of me every time we went around Acqua Minerale, I don't know how you gain so much time there without hitting the curb and binning it every time around :O_o:.

I also set up my car for the chicane, so I have no excuse :p

The trailbraking on the 650s is great for Acqua Minerale, pretty sure where that's where the time was coming from.

Congrats to you and Evgeniy for the podium and thanks to all for the race! Something seemed wrong with my Teamspeak, I'm sorry if anyone addressed me mid-race and didn't get an answer :D

I said congratulations after the race and talked to you and then realised you weren't there ;)

Thanks @Chris Down and @Medilloni for this one. Nice to see that you got some action too :thumbsup:

The race started a bit rough for me. A little bump here, a little bump there and about 4 places were gone. But 60 minutes are long and I could find a good consistency. After ~20 minutes I was in P4 with @jemmari in my mirror. Knowing he is faster on paper, I had to defend really hard. Could manage to stay ahead of him even after the pit stops. We were entering in the same lap and he had his garage right in front of me. Waiting for my pit stop to end and hoping that he won't get realeased before me, was as intense as the race itself :D

Huge thanks Chris for organising tonight's race, and to all for the fair racing. Congrats to @Erik Axelsson @Pe Ha Pete and @Stefan Weber for the podium, and same to you guys "in the other room" ;)

Great to see you back @jayk Jay, and stonking lap times! Just read your post and realised why you were behind me... I was sweating too :laugh:

Enjoyed using a different car (911), and drove my pants off trying to catch @Kek700 Ernie for most of the race... totally knackered, but great fun, well done Ernie, a great result;)

@Giovanni Zicchi sorry if I sounded a bit bad tempered about your microphone, but during quali it was very distracting to others, so if you could fix that it'll be appreciated:thumbsup: Hope you'll join us again!

@RasmusP That was really intense! I lost control a couple of times and you caught faster than you should have, think you were overall faster than me! Clean but hard faught racing bro!

Congrats to the podium and the winner. Pace up front was crazy! Thanks @Chris Down and @Medilloni
for hosting both services well after the event was posted.
Got a new set of pedals (new thrustmaster with loadcell ones)

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Preordered March 3rd. Might not get them till end of this month maybe longer

@RasmusP That was really intense! I lost control a couple of times and you caught faster than you should have, think you were overall faster than me! Clean but hard faught racing bro!
You too mate! I was so tempted to dive into T4 (I think) almost every lap. That's where my advantage was. And it was the only place haha.
I went for some fun and swapped from mediums (ice cold) to softs after 35 minutes.
That was some happy hunting but I was so on the edge of the rears that I slipped a few times.

That was really an awesome battle tonight, thanks for that! :)
I know you were joking but anyway, I don't think I touched you at the last corner. Your lambo really hung me out to dry at every corner exit.. That was frustrating I tell you :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back