AC GT3 @ Imola - Sun 8Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Usually people will sign out here before the race.
If not, you can stay on TS un til qualy starts, if there is a spot open and you are next on list you can take, but, you will have to drive what`s left.

Sorry @Aksu for the contact in lap 1, clearly we had very different braking strategies into the chicane and I really hadn't anticipated it. Congrats on the win. Sorry to @Fernando Deutsch who got caught out behind by my braking as well, I was trying to avoid spinning Aki any further and it didn't go very well :(

That was certainly a race to forget from my perspective. I took a trip through the gravel after that and ended up fifth in the end.

good race, althougt the first lap. so sorry Fernando, I couldn´t avoid hitting you. it ruins my race too. next time. i have to start Racing more, i am only doing a race for month.

Eventful race for me.

As said before, I usually do not qualify that well, but this time I really nailed down. Still not close to the out-of-this-world fast guys but good enough for second row. The Nismo is indeed a fast straight line car, but is a very tricky one at slow turns and it does not like the kerbs at all. I had to do some tweak on the suspension height and travel in order to avoid the car to jump over them.

Had a good start, gaining one place in part to some issue @Celtic Pharaoh suffer. I was close to the two leaders until we reach the chicane where a contact between them happen in front of me. I tried to avoid @Chris Down whom I believe was trying to move over but I ended collected. After losing some positions I went back on the track and had a good exit for the main straight, adding a big slip-streaming I did to other car, I placed myself on the outside of @Bobby Pennington for T1 but ran out of space and had a contact which took us out of track. Unfortunately my car bounced back and stopped just on the middle of the turn which resulted in a big one. I am sorry to all which I affected, I tried to move as fast as I could but was stuck on 3rd gear. From there it was just back to driving, keeping the head cool and recover places as fast and safe as I could. There were some hairy moments, which I want to thank the guys involved whom gave me a fair space to race. As fast as I want to be I was also trying to keep the tires safe, as my strategy was a stop with no rubber change. At the end I was fortunate to finish on position 7. Not that bad after being on last place by lap 2. A podium was high on the possibilities. Probably next time.

See ya on the next race.

After losing some positions I went back on the track and had a good exit for the main straight, adding a big slip-streaming I did to other car, I placed myself on the outside of @Bobby Pennington for T1 but ran out of space and had a contact which took us out of track. Unfortunately my car bounced back and stopped just on the middle of the turn which resulted in a big one. I am sorry to all which I affected,
I want to thank the guys involved whom gave me a fair space to race.
Yep, I apologize to you Fernando and the rest of the field behind us. I wasn't trying to squeeze you out, I had you and Red_Falcon both on my 6 and I didn't have enough eyeballs to see you both. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those that (think Fernando Alonso) "All the time you have to leave a da space":confused::D which of course a Yank Tank doesn't do too well.

I would also like to apologize to Maplelicious . I had a good run on you coming out of the first set of S's going into the kink. I didn't have enough of an overlap on you to try the move so I was on the binders as you were turning in, but I didn't get my beast slowed down enough and just clipped your rear end. Needless to say, I'm not very happy with myself and thank you for your acceptance of my apology while we were in ts after the race.

Cheers guys.

Thanks for hosting Eugene Abramoff One of these days, one of these days we'll both get our act together, at the same time, and have a great battle:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys :)

And my apologize to Alien @Aksu for the clip on the rear.... i completly misjudged the gap. :redface:

Hope i didnt to much damage to your car.

See you guys next time. :thumbsup:

Luckily only thing that was hurt was my mind :thumbsup:
Though it wasn't really fun to go 200 meters side of wall at 250kph :roflmao:
Just couple of seconds harm done... And you let me past cleanly at next time :thumbsup:
Thx for that!

Awesome fun racing with you guys! Crazy busy opening couple of laps with cars going 3 wide, inside, outside, side-by-side through those chicanes (chickens?!). Nuts! I think I may have pushed someone onto the grass heading up the hill coming out of Tosa (sorry:redface:) Then after it all calmed down I spent the vast majority of the race all on my lonesome... figure that one out!

Anyone got a replay they can share - wanna keep this one on file.

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back