rF2 GT3 @ Hockenheimring - Fri 12 July 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys it was my first ever race in RF2 .I don't know what gone wrong but after the warmup I hit race button and ..started from pits with 10 sec stop-go penalty ...
Do I miss something ?

You're being polite, I'm just glad I didn't hit anyone!

I'm just happy outside of my 'pedal offs' I was relatively consistent.

Now to find some gaffa tape, or get a rig perhaps.

No honestly you did, if you have seen what I have you would agree ..you have the basics nailed, got your first event out of the way ..many do not even get that far ...you are welcome to any of our events :thumbsup:

Reactions: EdL
Guys it was my first ever race in RF2 .I don't know what gone wrong but after the warmup I hit race button and ..started from pits with 10 sec stop-go penalty ...
Do I miss something ?

Honestly not sure, but there are plenty of guys here with far more experienced than me in RF2 ..apart from that I hope you had some fun? yes I know you would have been nervous but it keeps getting easier honestly ..hope to see you again on the grid soon (not the pits :D) :thumbsup:

Honestly not sure, but there are plenty of guys here with far more experienced than me in RF2 ..apart from that I hope you had some fun? yes I know you would have been nervous but it keeps getting easier honestly ..hope to see you again on the grid soon (not the pits :D) :thumbsup:
Of course I had fun .It's club racing .See You next week :)

Reactions: EdL
"Newbie", but you're doing 38.7's.
Before the race on Friday I had 3 hours in Rfactor 2, the last sim I played was a few hours of AC on release but didn't stick with it (didn't feel right). I think that was 5 years ago? :redface:

On a side note, does anyone doing a 1.37 have a log file they'd be happy to share?

On a side note, does anyone doing a 1.37 have a log file they'd be happy to share?
Send me a pm with your log, i'll give you a summary of what you do right/wrong, where you lose time and how to improve

@Frank Sorry for a light bump done by a Porsche at turn 8 followed by cutting off at turn 10. Before turn 10 I completely lost vision of your car, took the racing line and felt an impact. Looked equally bad from your perspective: my car was not visible and things just happened too fast:(
I was taken out similar way few laps after, which was an end of any competition for me, but what a great race anyway.

@Magnus Dahlgren Good racing! I saw your msg on the server but you were already gone at that point. Sry for the couple of light bumps, I was really late on the brakes and couldn't slow down any faster :D

No worries about the light touches, we had a good scrap starting all the way from the word green right down to the chequered flag, it was awesome! :D
I lost a lot of grip on the front tyres during the last 8 laps or so, so I was worried it would only be in a matter of a few laps that you would pass me before the final lap! My grip levels were going down however my respect of you went up massive, you made a fair bit of attempts during the race but you race sensible and clean, although in the final lap I could really feel the urgency come forward! And along with that the last laps were reeeaaally intense when @Pauli Ahonen was catching us both fast!

PS. I don’t think I’ve given any true credit to the organizers, but in the last six months I’ve gone back to sim-racing in generall and I gradually spend more and more time with the club races here at RD, and it’s a massive joy! It litterally can mend a bad week! (I’ve somewhat had forgotten that effect strangely..)
So cheers and thanks alot @Craig Dunkley and all you other RD-staff members, and of course you guys on track! Thank you for taking the time out of your lives and making all this happen!
When it all comes together like this just for a club race, how can you not love sim-racing! :thumbsup:

No worries about the light touches, we had a good scrap starting all the way from the word green right down to the chequered flag, it was awesome! :D
I lost a lot of grip on the front tyres during the last 8 laps or so, so I was worried it would only be in a matter of a few laps that you would pass me before the final lap! My grip levels were going down however my respect of you went up massive, you made a fair bit of attempts during the race but you race sensible and clean, although in the final lap I could really feel the urgency come forward! And along with that the last laps were reeeaaally intense when @Pauli Ahonen was catching us both fast!
I think fair racing is the best. It's as simple as that. Of course I've done my share of aggressive moves and mistakes and all that. And if I feel like I've been done wrong, I will race you how you have raced me :p

And in the se club races I try to be even a bit more safe. It's about fun for everyone and to be honest it doesn't feel good if you've done a bit of a dirty move on someone. And the rules of course are clear with that too.

And I did try to push a bit harder toward the end. Because of @Pauli Ahonen too :D But I really had no real chance to overtake as I guess you just had enough top speed so that I couldn't get a run to the hairpin and you didn't do mistakes that I could capitalise on! :)
PS. I don’t think I’ve given any true credit to the organizers.
So cheers and thanks a lot @Craig Dunkley and all you other RD-staff members, and of course you guys on track! Thank you for taking the time out of your lives and making all this happen!
When it all comes together like this just for a club race, how can you not love sim-racing! :thumbsup:
Gonna piggy back on this as I kind of take the RD events as granted. Though I do remember to thank people from time to time. But yeah, thanks RD staff and fellow racers!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%