AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
PS.
I have been looking into front to rear suspension Frequency and chassis length recently, although I am still a dim wit at such things. :rolleyes:
I have been wondering if this may be a reason for some cars being much better over bumps than others.
But as I have not a clue about the software in AC, i am not sure if AC has the software capability of creating or not creating an effect from that.
Well, default Lambo setup has 120 front springs and 150 rears. That's quite a big difference between the axles which should lean towards exit oversteer I believe. For example, the Audi being also an MR car (and in theory quite close to the Lambo as their road versions share the same platform) has 120/130 default springs.

I found a Donington setup for the Lambo that a guy from ACRL league posted back when when we raced there, but it is for the shorter National layout and might not work well for the GP one. It has very asymmetrical settings optimized for right-hand turns, might be pretty bad in the last hairpin. It is also for 7-8 degrees colder weather, so tires might need to be adjusted. I don't think I tried it and even if I did that was a long time ago, so I have no idea how it drives, but feel free to check it out

Attachments

• Rune Donington v1ass.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 47
For Huracan, anybody want to try? I spoke to Ernie about this setup. Yes that's what I called it.

Attachments

• kerb crawler.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 49
  • kerb crawler.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 39
Last edited:
@demetri

I never seen such an asymmetrical setup this radical defore. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I will give it a bash around here tomorrow, just for the experience, you never know may be a revelation.:unsure:

Frank's video could be exaggerating them due to the cockpit camera movement enabled which I recommend to turn off
If I don't use the neck thing, it's harder to drive, and I get more dizzy with the view bouncing around all over the place.
I think demetri means the G force movement simulation settings where your camera moves forward when braking, backwards when accelerating and shaking at higher speeds.

What you mean is filtering the shakes in general, which can be done via the NeckFX from CSP (I don't like it though) or via RealHeadMotion, which I use and love since you can filter only 30%, which smoothes the shaking but still feels great.

And there's "lock to horizon" from stock AC too, ofc.. But I REALLY hat this! I wanna have my view tilting when going through something like the old Monza banking section!

I've done a video back then:

I think demetri means the G force movement simulation settings where your camera moves forward when braking, backwards when accelerating and shaking at higher speeds.

What you mean is filtering the shakes in general, which can be done via the NeckFX from CSP (I don't like it though) or via RealHeadMotion, which I use and love since you can filter only 30%, which smoothes the shaking but still feels great.

And there's "lock to horizon" from stock AC too, ofc.. But I REALLY hat this! I wanna have my view tilting when going through something like the old Monza banking section!

I've done a video back then:
Rasmus, I used RHM for looking into the turns (look ahead) but since about half a year it doesn't work anymore. So it does still work for you?

@demetri

I never seen such an asymmetrical setup this radical defore. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I will give it a bash around here tomorrow, just for the experience, you never know may be a revelation.:unsure:
I just tried it. Was able to post time almost a second faster than what I did just before it with kerb_crawler. But boy did it struggle in all left-hand turns! I even had to lift a bit in T3

Which setting is this? I find if I change anything except the top 2 I get jittering of the screen motion.
1614301730705.png

These are my settings. It really just gets rid of the high speed shaking over kerbs or small bumps. Without it the outside world is simply vibrating for me. But 20% are already enough to keep it realistic for me!

NeckFX in CSP disabled completely and using the CM -> settings -> content manager -> integrated -> Real Head Motion
to auto-start/close it :)

And my AC settings: (I never glance so.. default there)
1614302101276.png

Last edited:
I have been hitting the 1.30 mark in the 488 but I’m sure it can go faster. Not planning on hitting the 1.26 mark Chris and his 650s can do, but any tips on the 488 setup is appreciated!

In please @Chris Down ! Nissan GTR GT3

PS Is it technically possible to have car 98 ?
You request a skin here...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 3 100.0%