AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi,

a quick question since I'd like to suggest this to some leagues:
Can you configure the app to kick or put players into the pits and lock them when they get disqualified?
From the videos I've found, you only get kicked when missing the app but nothing really happens when you get disqualified.

Could you answer this? :)
The kick after dsq is already implemented (and not possible to disable it)

Looks like we should really give this a go! :coffee:

I have a tendency to archive my races, and I've had a look through the last RD gt3 race @ Donington. Unsurprisingly, the majority of drivers cut the chicane. Here is an example of my last race here:View attachment 449986

It seems to be almost 'custom & practice' - so long as someone doesn't take the proverbial. I don't think there is any need for recriminations.

As my name has been dragged in to this, I thought I'd post the sector 3 times for this race:
View attachment 449988
That's a really clever way to see the benefit from the chicane ... except for myself because I was losing like half a second in those hairpins due to weird gearing in 1st and 2nd, but mostly because I suck in low-speed corners.

Jack,

I wanted to ask how come you don't have an Italian name but then I realised mine isn't Dutch too. It's Italian :roflmao: !
How come that you're not Italian? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: You have the most Italian name I know :roflmao: I guess I know that you or your parents/ancestors moved to NDL in the free European Union, but still, it's so weird ...

Lamborghini was not a match made in heaven when it comes to trying to steer, braking and being faced with a series of ridges.
Mostly accelerating out of the slow corners. Don't know if it was the gearing, or that it doesn't have power in low gears, but I was like swimming into the current when I was accelerating from the hairpins.

At Monza, you can cut the last turn of Ascari quite a bit even with the in-game penalties enabled. Easily a couple of tenths:
I didn't even know you can take that line :confused::confused: I didn't try it in that many cars, but in the Audi and Lambo, you definitely can't take it like that. You will hit with the floor and it throws you into the gravel.

Last edited:
I didn't even know you can take that line :confused::confused: I didn't try it in that many cars, but in the Audi and Lambo, you definitely can't take it like that. You will hit with the floor and it throws you into the gravel.
Pretty sure I could do it in the Audi with fast dampers at zero. Default setup will probably launch it to the moon.

I have found the solution!

EvaBBrwXYAoTyBZ.jpeg

Last edited:
Mostly accelerating out of the slow corners. Don't know if it was the gearing, or that it doesn't have power in low gears, but I was like swimming into the current when I was accelerating from the hairpins.
I think the mistake was trying to use the curb in the first hairpin. There's not enough grip to have good traction at low speed. I mostly used late apex line and avoided touching the curb with the rear wheel

How come that you're not Italian? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: You have the most Italian name I know :roflmao: I guess I know that you or your parents/ancestors moved to NDL in the free European Union, but still, it's so weird ...
Actually my ancestor was one of the first economic migrates from Italy around 1880 long before the European Union. I'm just 1/32 Italian and don't speak the language at all.

Last edited:
Ah i see know there was another R8 with @Luca Badin onboard . I assumed since raresch was in the lambo you were the only one and had dropped back after the scuffles.

Yes, it was me, I went from a respectable P6 in quali, on softs and low fuel, to completely missing every braking point and being all around the place in the race, on mediums and a full tank :(

And I ran more than 40 laps on mediums on Saturday, so I wasn't unprepared to run them at all - but apparently a few quali laps on softs were enough to relearn a few crucial lines and throw me off. Pretty frustrating considering the VIR race had a similar outcome.

I guess I'll revert to the safe S+S strategy for the time being, until I get more confident in my own ability again.

Actually he is named after an Uruguyan footballplayer, Enzo Francescoli. We were very surprised to get a lot of congratulations cards and presents with Ferrari items on his birth announcement! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I was more into football at that time.

I thought just after having sent the message that it could've been because of E. Ferrari, but it seems you weren't passionate about motorsport enough, at that very moment.
Actually, despite my family lives here since the Middle Age my name is all but Italian. :unsure::unsure: I then knew it was because my father was passionate about cinema and it comes from the actor O. Sharif. Life's strange ;)

Names,
I have always secretly been soooo envious of Han Fazzi and Enzo Fazzi
they depict a fast handsome Italien Italian ( Oop's ) racing driver.

View attachment 450429

While ERNEST WRIGHT depicts.

View attachment 450431

Lifes S**t at times. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Yes sure, typical Italian. Blond hair and blue eyes!:roflmao: And handsome? Mwaah..... I'm sorry to disappoint you :( .

20150710_180718 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it was me, I went from a respectable P6 in quali, on softs and low fuel, to completely missing every braking point and being all around the place in the race, on mediums and a full tank :(

And I ran more than 40 laps on mediums on Saturday, so I wasn't unprepared to run them at all - but apparently a few quali laps on softs were enough to relearn a few crucial lines and throw me off. Pretty frustrating considering the VIR race had a similar outcome.

I guess I'll revert to the safe S+S strategy for the time being, until I get more confident in my own ability again.
I have one question for you. How the hell did you manage to keep left rear from overheating in the Audi? I did try softs on practice server, but even with rear wing at 6 I could not keep it under 95C and couldn't post time better than what I could do on mediums.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.