AC GT3 @ Chang International, Sunday 20th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was a pretty boring race for me after Patrick outbraked himself into T3 on the first lap trying to pass me back. Chris was way too fast flying many seconds ahead of me and Brian was even further behind on medium tires and apparently half-tank strategy, so he didn't get a chance to jump me in the pits. I was thinking about doing a no tire change stop, but Chris pulled a gap of more than 10 seconds before the stop, so that would've been in vain.

The last turn is super weird, probably just a bad road mesh, I can't believe it might be that bumpy in the real life

Strange enough race. I switched to the mediums without really trying them out. I didn't fancy the stress of the softs possibly/probably burning up. Got an ok qualy. Only had time for 2 laps so p5 was good considering.

I was hoping for a calm enough race... I'd follow someone build into it, undercut them and maybe survive to the end. Instead everyone binned it and i was in P3 from lap 1 until the last lap. Closely shadowed by stefan @random2k4 the whole time. I had a short break due to not swapping tyres but he was back my mirrors with about 15 minutes left. His fresh softs were alot quicker. Luckily he didn't have the straight line speed to make an overtake attempt. Ernie's gtr however showed up with a a few laps left and did... Just as stefan tires were starting to give me some breathing room. Penultimate lap @Kek700 had a go around the outside but a little wobble meant i just got out the exit door ahead. Last lap he got the job done. I braked as late as i could on the tyres but he was able to go that bit later and get a half car length ahead.

Overall I could have had better pace on the mediums with a few setup tweaks and some practice on them. It was hard to keep the concentration and pace to hold the heat in them for an hour. I was happy enough with it for the first race back in the ferrari since january all the same. I might stick at this time who knows! Getting the softs to work reliably for 30 minutes is my next job with it.

I noticed I was quicker in S2 and S3 but that would have been quite a stretch to try a clean overtake there. After the race I just realized I had my wings set to 1/5.. so there was my straight line speed.
Next time I should check setups before the race :laugh:

Ye sometimes it works out better not to change the setup though! If you got ahead of me into p3 on lap 1 it might have been the right setup for you!
Ye I was surprised when you couldn't get a slipstream even after good t1 exits. That rear wing explains it! I was running low downforce to try and help with any overtaking I didn't get to do!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back