AC GT3 @ Chang International, Sunday 20th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Bought premium to join this event and other future events
You're very welcome!
Please read the first and second post of this thread very carefully, especially the Golden Rule and the Discord part.
You can enter your real name in your account, account details. There's a field called 'Real Name'.
It's mandatory as you can read in the rules.

You can sign up for this event through s.gp but first you have to send @Bram Hengeveld a message with your emailaddress so he can give you access to the RD community on s.gp.

I've asked him to look for it so I hope he will do it in time. You can sign up until the event starts at 20.00 CEST. But you can already enter the practice server. Just search for 'racedepartment' for the online server.

See you on track!

Last edited:
You're very welcome!
Please read the first and second post of this thread very carefully, especially the Golden Rule and the Discord part.
You can enter your real name in your account, account details. There's a field called 'Real Name'.
It's mandatory as you can read in the rules.

You can sign up for this event through s.gp but first you have to send @Bram Hengeveld a message with your emailaddress so he can give you access to the RD community on s.gp.

I've asked him to look for it so I hope he will do it in time. You can sign up until the event starts at 20.00 CEST. But you can already enter the practice server. Just search for 'racedepartment' for the online server.

See you on track!
Did send message with my email immediatly after

Great race everyone! Congrats to @demetri and @Kek700 on the podium :)

My qualifying lap was pretty good, but not as good as I did in practice somehow. This track weirdly needs you to focus pretty hard, but there are also sections where you have to be more relaxed and just get into the flow of the corners more. Hard to describe but I definitely felt it was hard to get into the right mentality for quali.

As for the race, got a pretty decent start but @pattikins did too, unfortunately not too sure what happened after that, was looking forward to the battle. First stint I really wrung out the tyres and they were almost unusable by the end, almost binned it a couple of times but thankfully avoided it. The second stint I was much kinder and they felt pretty nice to the end.

...and I still don't know how to take the weird camber in the final corner. :)

The race results: https://simresults.net/210620-0p3

Thanks @HF2000 for organising!

Last edited:
Really felt for @pattikins Patrick, talk about the gods against you. :O_o:
The problem with the Nissan, I think Chris’s covered this before, it brakes, you brake, but the Nissan seems to use a lot of engine braking, ( I think, seems to from my driving seat ) so it is starting to slow down more than the following car, next thing you know it out-braking you.
Whoops it’s a punt up the rear.:roflmao::roflmao:
Plus it does not exactly fly through the corners, so you get caught out twice, engine baking and lower mid corner speed and corner entry speed.
Bit of bad luck here and there , but overall managed to get through it all without too much of a problem. Not sure I was in easy street with Patrick breathing down my neck and not being able to do anything about it,usually this is not part of my racing strategy.:O_o::O_o:
Cheers for the organisation @Interslice Brian, and a big thankyou to all the drivers I came across, still have not learnt how to speak over the mic and drive yet, too thank you whilst driving..:confused:

Intense race for me. Havnt driving this track really before and after my holiday I only got 1 day practice.
Was enough though to qualify P6 with some strong drivers around me.
Start went as bad as always. Lost a position directly to Han. Carnage just happened three corners further and I was able to snag P4 right behind Brian. Unfortunately I was faster in S2 which is a pain to try overtaking. So I waited for a mistake or maybe an undercut in the pits. After Pits Brian was somehow 10 secs ahead :O_o: no tire change?

I needed a couple of laps to be on his rear again. And again I just coulndt make a move. Just didnt want to risk it in T2 or T3 were I carried more speed. So I was still waiting in patience. Patrik was catching up pretty fast from behind. Unfortunately, in a 3 wide situation with a blue flag in front he hit my rear/side and spun out.

Still behind Brian, now Ernie was coming closer. Made a stupid mistake 5 laps before the end and touched the wall after T1. How? I dont know :mad:

Just a lap later the freaking Nissan speed got my poor little Z4 and I was down in P5. Knowing that Ernie also got the better pace then Brian, I tried to catch up and waited for their battle.
And there it was. 2 laps to go first door banging in the hairpin. Coming closer and closer. Only half a second behind. Last lap. Nissan vs Ferrari. Door banging, unsettled cars and one lucky Z4 back in P4.

So finished P4 which I am quite happy with. See you all next week.

Here are two pictures I took during my hike in Michigan.

41463694pa.jpg

41463696qq.jpg

Thanks everyone for joining and congrats to the podium!

For me a quite uneventful race. I didn't do any practice before the event and just used a setup from another track. Qualified 7th and finished 6th because Patrick left. Exactly where I should end seeing the laptimes of everyone. The only action I saw was when Ernie and Patrick were overtaking me.
I didn't defend too hard as the 650s has a better exit speed and the GT-R has more top speed.

I hope everyone had fun.

Next event:

Really felt for @pattikins Patrick, talk about the gods against you. :O_o:
The problem with the Nissan, I think Chris’s covered this before, it brakes, you brake, but the Nissan seems to use a lot of engine braking, ( I think, seems to from my driving seat ) so it is starting to slow down more than the following car, next thing you know it out-braking you.
Whoops it’s a punt up the rear.:roflmao::roflmao:
Plus it does not exactly fly through the corners, so you get caught out twice, engine baking and lower mid corner speed and corner entry speed.
Bit of bad luck here and there , but overall managed to get through it all without too much of a problem. Not sure I was in easy street with Patrick breathing down my neck and not being able to do anything about it,usually this is not part of my racing strategy.:O_o::O_o:
Cheers for the organisation @Interslice Brian, and a big thankyou to all the drivers I came across, still have not learnt how to speak over the mic and drive yet, too thank you whilst driving..:confused:
IDK man. Check out my onboard for lap one. I nearly rear-end a Nissan twice I think, but somehow stayed clean.

I was feeling so sick at the end of that race. Has any one ever done cardio, and pushed a little too hard, and then when you get off you're dizzy? That's how I felt after the race, and it took a few hours and some pills and sleep to recover. Next time I race, I'll have to take it easy, and be less competitive because I'm just not in good enough shape to push myself that much. It was a blast though!

Shoutout to Mark Alan and Paul Fairweather for the amazing race. Mark kept me on my toes all race long, and Paul didn't put a foot wrong from my seat.

I was feeling so sick at the end of that race. Has any one ever done cardio, and pushed a little too hard, and then when you get off you're dizzy? That's how I felt after the race, and it took a few hours and some pills and sleep to recover. Next time I race, I'll have to take it easy, and be less competitive because I'm just not in good enough shape to push myself that much. It was a blast though!

Shoutout to Mark Alan and Paul Fairweather for the amazing race. Mark kept me on my toes all race long, and Paul didn't put a foot wrong from my seat.
Join us Wednesday, Frank. It's more relaxing and and equally fun at least. You can build up your stamina for this kind of effort.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.