AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 14th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Then Hape got me aswell and I tried as best I could to get the spot back but he was just too quick and consistent. Great racing Hape I waited for a mistake but you never made any :thumbsup:
thx @GEO147 it was really my best race ever (very fair to make no silly move after your mistake). I finished 8 started at 12. I have really no big mistake and i was consistent as i never was. Very nice and all people around me did no silly things.
DriverVehicleConsistency
Evgeniy Nks_mclaren_650_gt399.01% <> 0.8296
Michael Mks_ferrari_488_gt398.88% <> 0.9383
Hape Gks_mclaren_650_gt398.85% <> 0.98
George Mks_mclaren_650_gt398.80% <> 1.0245
Chris Dks_mclaren_650_gt398.75% <> 1.0521
unbelievable :) :cool:

hape

What an insanely good race! Probably one of the best in the last time, so thanks Chris for hosting and organizing :thumbsup:
Was a little bit frustrated after my bad quali, but in the race I finally found some reasonable pace and just tried to be consistent. Had some awesome fights, especially with @Norkin - good and fair driving there man, it was good fun :D No worries about your spun and re-entering the track, you just didn't see me early enough...
So yeah, in the end it was a lucky P10 which I was happy about, considering my "pace" on Brands Hatch :redface::whistling:

Had a really bad race this time.... After a pretty good start from P7, i went into turn 3 on P5 and took a hit from a white GTR which knockt me comletely off track and i ended up at the end of the field. Then i missed the braking point at the last corner and hit @Raresch (Sorry for that). I kept making mistakes and spun a few more times. Definitely not the best race i had. Hopefully next weeks race will be more enjoyable for me :D

thx @GEO147 it was really my best race ever (very fair to make no silly move after your mistake). I finished 8 started at 12. I have really no big mistake and i was consistent as i never was. Very nice and all people around me did no silly things.
DriverVehicleConsistency
Evgeniy Nks_mclaren_650_gt399.01% <> 0.8296
Michael Mks_ferrari_488_gt398.88% <> 0.9383
Hape Gks_mclaren_650_gt398.85% <> 0.98
George Mks_mclaren_650_gt398.80% <> 1.0245
Chris Dks_mclaren_650_gt398.75% <> 1.0521
unbelievable :) :cool:

hape
on a TEN years old g27 :D

HOW DID YOU MAKE THE PEDALS LAST THAT LONG? my G29 pedals are already braking down after 1y and half.
I have my G27 now for six years and before that they belonged to Enzo. No problems so far. Didn't replace anything. But then again, I'm not as fast as you guys.

Last edited:
Impressive Evgeniy! I was thinking about buying Heusinkveld pedals with loadcell technology to improve my performance especially consistency but seeing you achieving this with the G27 I have to reconsider that.

It seems that it's the man, not the pedals :( .

Impressive Evgeniy! I was thinking about buying Heusinkveld pedals with loadcell technology to improve my performance especially consistency but seeing you achieving this with the G27 I have to reconsider that.

I've ordered a pedal upgrade for my g29.

I can only compare it to real life cars, as its the only wheel/pedals I've used, but the brake pedal feels the least realistic. Hopefully this new cell is an imrovement. It's a cheap upgrade as sim racing goes if it's not.

I always spend a while messing with car setups but then when i'm still 4 seconds behind chris I realise it's just my bad technique and no amount of setup will fix that :D
But I did do the squash ball mod on my Thrustmaster T3PA pedals and it did help to have more resistance on the brake pedal, felt more realistic

I can only compare it to real life cars, as its the only wheel/pedals I've used, but the brake pedal feels the least realistic. Hopefully this new cell is an imrovement. It's a cheap upgrade as sim racing goes if it's not.
That might be a solution for me tooo ... at least I bypass of the potentiometers ...

Maybe so ye. I think you could also switch the clutch and acceleration pedal.
did that already ... mostly because when i tried to clean them last time, I've broken one of the cables of the accelerator :)) and now, the true clutch and the brakes are going down also. I have to open them up again and I need to rewire the cable as well ...

Great. I'm very interested in your experience with it.
We have similar pace now so if you're suddenly a lot faster I will know also :D .

well if you can afford it`s better to buy than not to do it
Yes but it's not only the pedals. I have to buy a rig and seat also. The G27 pedals can be used without it. HE pedals not. So I'm facing at least 1k in euro's for that.
There's a fair chance that I will have the opportunity to try the Heusinkveld pedals at the Heusinkveld factory when the Corona lockdown become less strict so maybe that will convince me. As the summer holiday is canceled, I probably will have saved some money if the wife doesn't think of another destination for it:p .

I can beat that :D

Although to be fair it was used for about a year when I first bought a PS3 with GT5 and has lived in the loft until recently. I've also done a load cell conversion on the brake pedal using Scott's (GeekyDeaks) 3d printed design and a LeoBodnar USB module (https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/g29-load-cell/issues/1)

20200615_143340.jpg

81543322-cf7cc380-936d-11ea-9fee-4289310f3c57[1].jpg

Last edited:

Another fascinating subject Han - super-quick guys like Evgeniy using fairly old tech, and the rest of the spectrum from the best/worst gear, fastest/slowest drivers.

I sometimes wonder if it's something to do with what we're used to - I'm forever searching for the feeling I had when driving quick cars 40+ yrs ago, whereas someone used to gaming might require, or have, different ways of reacting to input/feedback... I guess there's many other 'examples too; for example someone who's got many years of driving games/sims experience (including setup idiosyncrasies between real and virtual cars), and not much actual road driving. Certainly not saying any are better or worse, just different.

Having tried some decent pedals (they were hydraulic) I'm looking to upgrade asap, for what I want out of sims they seemed ideal - gave me more speed, but in particular, much better consistency. Only a year to wait:(:roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%