AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sun 16 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Event is now closed for any "new" sign ups ...there are however two spare cars GT-R and Z4

If you wish to use one of the spare cars you are very welcome to join us, but first please sign in using this thread before you enter the server :thumbsup:

Such a great race and great track. The hill section is a bit different than I am used to in this mod (or at least it's very different than iRacing), I suppose it's not a laser scan. Thanks to @Bertje for some great battles especially.

This will be my last race of the year, so thank you very much @Craig Dunkley for spending so much time to find tracks and car combinations that go well together -- I know this is one of the recurring highlights of my week and I'm sure it is also for many others :)

Last edited:
@Chris Down ..thanks for your kind words, it is a pleasure to race with you guys :thumbsup:

I hope many of you can join us next week for the last race of 2018 ..I realize some of you will be on the move to spend time with your family. For those like Chris, that will be on the move, I hope you have a great Christmas and new year :)

Tonight's race ..First I must apologies to all, I had my worst ever "senior moment" I posted race event times wrongly, it was 19:00 and should have read 20:00, thankfully most of you realized what I had done :barefoot: ..going forward I am happy to change the time, if it is what the majority of drivers would like? ...I am available anytime, so it makes no difference to me.

I had a great race with a few battles, although I was of pace by more that what I would have liked, I still had plenty of fun, I hope you had fun also :thumbsup:

Congrads of course to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice race everyone. Much respect to all of you. I can’t figure out where I’m losing 4 seconds even after riding onboard with several of you in the replay. Aliens I say! Hope to progress to your level someday. For now I’m glad I finished. An improvement over last week

Well,that was something i had'nt done in a long time,1 hour racing.:)

Thx to robt100 for helping me out with the setup of this car (GT-R), it did a lot to improve my times.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Managed to qually with a ,for me, personal best of 2:06:0 :cool:, but threw it all away at the start
which i totally screwed up:whistling:,went from p9 to p12 or something :thumbsdown:.

Luckely for me there was a little collection of cars in and after turn 2 ,so i went back up the order.
At one moment i was even in p4 for a brief moment but when the faster drivers caught up with me
and some mistakes on my side, i was back in p7.

On top of that i needed to make 2 pitstops because i miscalculated the fuel consumption
of the nissan:mad::mad:, so again further back down the order.
Came back but then on the last lap(after i thought we had already finnished),
i made a terrible mistake in trying to overtake John in turn2,so sorry for that m8:cry::thumbsdown:.
Bad move on my side ,no one to blame but myself.

Overall it was a lot of fun.
Maybe Bathurst wasnt the best choice of tracks to come back onto the RD racing scene,
but it was intens.

Thank you for the great race,hope to join you guys a lot more in the future :):).

Last edited:
The same counts for me as well, after not racing for a couple of years:confused: this was an intens 1 hour of racing at Bathurst. Qually was bad for me, even above 2.07, so started p12. Had a good start and at Turn 1 some went wide and gained 2 pos. At Turn 2 the two drivers in front of me hit eachother and i almost got passed it, but i little flick spun me around :O_o:. Luckely the drivers behind where careful enough but it through me back again. After that i came in a comfortable zone and driving good laps gaining some places. As i was making my pitstop 5 minutes over the half of the race i also thought fuel was no problem...... but it was:mad:... so stupid. Had to park my BMW in the grass from P7 in the last lap! and could only wave to you guys passing me again :thumbsdown:;). But it was a lot of fun!!

Thanks guys for good racing and Craig for the hard work!
Dec.30th i wont be able to race cause of birthday celebrations.
See you next year, happy Holidays everybody :thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:
To echo Chris's comments, huge thanks to @Craig Dunkley ('Dunkers' as you're known to me:p) for last night's race, and for all the other events and amazing effort (and patience!) you put in for us all over the past months, thank you buddy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last night's race for me was, I thought, a disaster - got taken off/hit 3 times in the first two laps, rejoined 20th-ish, spent half a dozen laps thinking of quiting*, made a pit-stop and put on mediums by mistake (senior moment Craig!!) so last half was on very pretty bright blue tyres. Trouble is, I love the circuit:laugh:

........................Came back but then on the last lap(after i thought we had already finnished),
i made a terrible mistake in trying to overtake John in turn2,so sorry for that m8:cry::thumbsdown:.
Bad move on my side ,no one to blame but myself.............
No worries Martijn, I left a gap just in case, but this track is so hard to pass they don't always work out - 'racing incident' as far as I'm concerned... BUT! ..it didn't matter 'cos the race was over, I think! I was confused too (saw you pull over then carry on, so I did:laugh:). Seems the results on simresults show us as 7th and 8th, but I really don't understand when we are to stop racing when my Sidekick app is saying 'session finished' (on 'our' last lap):O_o:

One last (boring) thing. I really don't understand why I couldn't get within a second of my previous quali and race times, both in-game and on the practice server. Happens nearly every race and I'm at a loss in figuring it out, apart from race nerves lol.

*Seriously need to find a way to make my Playseat comfortable, thought I'd tried everything but every race is the same - get bloody awful cramp after 40mins racing. Feel really guilty 'cos it was a present from the Missus but I'd never recommend buying one. Don't tell her I said that:laugh:

Nice race everyone. Much respect to all of you. I can’t figure out where I’m losing 4 seconds even after riding onboard with several of you in the replay. Aliens I say! Hope to progress to your level someday. For now I’m glad I finished. An improvement over last week

The most likely explanation is either not carrying enough speed through the hill section, or not getting on the power early enough. On this track you also have to be really tight to the walls to get on the power early, so you need a predictable car setup.

It's totally possible to win or lose 4 seconds in the mountain section alone if you don't carry maximum speed, since every corner amplifies the affect of the last. When you're going downhill as well, it's quite important to carry the speed through the dipper, because there's a huge amount of time to be gained there if you can push the car into the inside of the walls.

Also don't underestimate the effect of a good brake setup, tuning the brake bias is critical on this track. A good, stable, but aggressive brake bias will allow you to really get the car into the tight corners.

My first race using odyssey+ instead of the rift. Performance is so much worse and the game crashed to desktop by lap 20 something. Hopefully my client disconnected before anyone behind me got to my car.

I was responsible for the 2º corner crash on the first lap. It truly didn't feel like I touched the mercedes but he started spinning, so I must have. My apologies to anyone affected.

My first race using odyssey+ instead of the rift. Performance is so much worse and the game crashed to desktop by lap 20 something. Hopefully my client disconnected before anyone behind me got to my car.

I was responsible for the 2º corner crash on the first lap. It truly didn't feel like I touched the mercedes but he started spinning, so I must have. My apologies to anyone affected.

I made the same switch recently had similar issues. In my case, I turned off "post processing" in content manager and disabled the shader mod. Now it's fine and no issue. Try that.

I almost had to quit my last race here due to FPS fluctuations and in the race, couldn't let cars get too close to me for too long. I was all over the place between 60 and 90fps.

I made the same switch recently had similar issues. In my case, I turned off "post processing" in content manager and disabled the shader mod. Now it's fine and no issue. Try that.

I almost had to quit my last race here due to FPS fluctuations and in the race, couldn't let cars get too close to me for too long. I was all over the place between 60 and 90fps.

Thanks for the input. Something is up for sure.

Dan this is very helpful ..I have the rift but was thinking about the odyssey, you have made my mind up :thumbsup:

PS ..stop being a stranger, it is nice to have you in the race's, you are a very clean driver with speed :thumbsup:

To be fair, the advantage Odyssey+ has over the rift image quality is quite substantial. In this regard its a great upgrade.
The disadvantage so far is performance but I have yet to troubleshoot everything to pinpoint why. If you are ok with ASW (45fps with reprojection), then do it, sell the rift :D

No problem Craig. O+ Is a great choice even on ASW. In fact, I find the odyssey ASW much much better than the Rift ASW. So, win-win!

*Seriously need to find a way to make my Playseat comfortable, thought I'd tried everything but every race is the same - get bloody awful cramp after 40mins racing. Feel really guilty 'cos it was a present from the Missus but I'd never recommend buying one. Don't tell her I said that:laugh:

Love my playseat! To make it even harder on me I took off the pillow ;)

IMG_20181217_164550.jpg

Hey John, you can't survive in that hammock! Did you write your letter to Santa already?

The one I got is foldable as well, maybe not so compact, but you can always hide it in the bathtub when done!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back