GT3 24H Spa 2018

Here is the thread to talk about the upcoming GT3 24 hour race at Spa Francorchamps. I`m sure it will be a very exciting race. More details about the race it self can be found HERE.

33125673_1914019488636476_8871448378035142656_n.jpg

Been some scary crashes through the night especially andy meyricks Bentley never seen the front of a current gt car deform the way that did

Given the lack of detail I can only assume Meyrick went up Radillon at full chat as usual, and perhaps a bit wide, and ran head-on into the 111 Lambo ( I think that managed to spin to a stop without even touching the barrier at that point ) which he wouldn't have been able to see from the bottom of the hill. That'd be something like a 220kmh - at least - impact. How they made it out of that relatively ok is something of a miracle, I was preparing for the worst at the time...

Was a fairly interesting race up to the last couple of hours when it all settled down. Manthey dropped the ball! no clean sweep for them - I do actually feel slightly sorry about that because winning N24/LM/Spa24 in one year would be a hell of a thing - but they've not been on top form in Blancpain anyway. Seems to have been considerable luck needed - the Blancpain FCY followed by a SC which seems to be there just to clear the road for the lead car a bit makes a real mess of any strategising, as does throwing a FCY all the time. 76 Aston was P2 from last on the grid at one point, the cautions cost it two laps in a race where it didn't put a foot wrong on track. Spa is long enough for Code 60 zones, I think.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back