AC GT2 @ Monza - Saturday 9 May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race everyone, lots of gentleman driving here from my point of view and on TS. I was suprised to take pole with the C7r, as I didnt think that it had the pace of the 458 or the M3 but was happy with the way it drove on the lap.

I had no race training so the first few laps were ok with managing the fuel load, then on the 3rd lap I had a lapse in concentration and almost spun at the second chicane and got the 35kmh penalty. Went down some places and had to fight back. All the while Geoff was putting in some strong work up front with Tomi. I struggled with the car at both Lesmos as the race went on with understeer, bt was fortunate to keep pace in the other sectors. All in all a great race and a good lesson in consistency.

Well done all.

Cool race, as usual GT cars feel great in AC. Just a bit disappointed because I was taken out in the first corner, and then I spun myself a few laps later. I had some nice laps aferwards though.

Just a quick explanation for @Matheus Machado, who probably was surprised by my behavior as a lapped car. :ninja: Actually, I had pitted and was on soft compound, that's why I was faster, even though you lapped me. But since you were in a good position (and I was far from any good result on the other hand), I decided to pit again rather than overtake you, so this way we could both continue genlty our separate races, rather than fighting for no position, with a lap difference. :)

Too much luck these last days. :cautious: I should be worry, something really bad gonna happend soon, with all this Karma sh#t. :p

Well, everything goes quite nicely for me. Happy about my qualy. I used my race setup (except tyres and fuel oc) and It's maybe not the fastest. But it was correct and predictable for the race. Still, @Cristian Haba , I was watching your times after you passed Tomi, was trying to match lap by lap. But you made me sweat a lot! As in qualification, your hotest lap were 0.5 s faster.

@Tomi Manninen, If i do my geek, :geek:, you were lapping around 0.6 s slower. A yellow wing would definitly penalized your time here in Monza... But how much :whistling:? Anyway, except from @Si, (who's driving far beyond our abilities... or? :D) You still win the consistency challenge. ;)
Consistency.PNG

Thx all for the race,
Special big up for the lapped one of you. At the end, when your pursuer crosses the line only 0.9s after you, It's the good time to realize how carefull you all were. :thumbsup:

See you next.

PS : BMW M3 GT2 Setup

Last edited:
Great post @Geof! I was consistant at high 1.52s low 1.53s on hard tyres for 5 laps..and stacked it into a wall after treating two guys with a bit too much respect on lap 6 only about 7 seconds behind you guys! oh well never mind! I know I can compete with you guys here having won before! just need to improve my ability to avoid trouble! a learning curve for us all!

Cool race, as usual GT cars feel great in AC. Just a bit disappointed because I was taken out in the first corner, and then I spun myself a few laps later. I had some nice laps aferwards though.

Just a quick explanation for @Matheus Machado, who probably was surprised by my behavior as a lapped car. :ninja: Actually, I had pitted and was on soft compound, that's why I was faster, even though you lapped me. But since you were in a good position (and I was far from any good result on the other hand), I decided to pit again rather than overtake you, so this way we could both continue genlty our separate races, rather than fighting for no position, with a lap difference. :)
No problem about that mate! I was also with a yellow bumper so 20 kph advantage for you on the straights. Don't mind fighting for a position next time!

Hello Guys,

A good race for me too, first one in a league in AC. The level is very high, I take more than 2 seconds per lap and I am trying to understand why from the replay. First thing, I think that hard tyre was not a good idea :) but I can't figure it out how you can brake so late without ABS, is it even so possible with a G27 pad ?

It was a good evening for me, thank you all. (sorry for my English)

See you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back