AC GT2 / GT3 - Brands Hatch - 1h race - Sat 20.12.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I tried to stay out of the way of the leaders although I caught a bit of grass and almost slid towards the center of the track while @Tuomas Tähtelä was about to pass....sorry if that caused any grief!

Edit: Question for those who drove the GT2 cars, do you keep the traction control on or turn it off for the races?
Yeah, that was kinda close. And I always have traction control and ABS off in GT2 and GT3 cars (and other race cars).

I don't know what you're eating to keep up tuhat kind of pace in race Tuomas, but impressive driving :)
And yes, it was nice that we had 1&2 to Finland... :thumbsup:

I again made the mistake of getting hard tyres for race. Corrected it on the pitstop and took mediums. But think I lost some serious time by slipping with those :D
Allso there was some damage to my car because of the little incident in first couple of laps. I don't know who tried in my car from behind... :thumbsdown:

But all this was so much fun (again), that now I think I'm going to retire my old faithful momo steering wheel and get a proper one...

Thanks all you guys, wery nice race!

Nice race! I had a very enjoyable fight with @Darien Bailey. I didn't want to pass you because I liked staring at your skin. Naah kidding, you were too fast!

@Angelo dos Santos weren't you one lap behind when you clipped Bailey? I got a bit confused at that point. Same question goes to @Christian Lozanov when he touched @Sean Kelly.

Until next time guys!
I crashed with @Christian Lozanov and then someone touched @Sean Kelly , but we all were on the same lap, there was a white lotus involved too.

Nice race! I had a very enjoyable fight with @Darien Bailey. I didn't want to pass you because I liked staring at your skin. Naah kidding, you were too fast!

@Angelo dos Santos weren't you one lap behind when you clipped Bailey? I got a bit confused at that point. Same question goes to @Christian Lozanov when he touched @Sean Kelly.

Until next time guys!
Yea, that was exciting. I am actually not sure if I had the SuperSofts on or if I had the Softs. I was just trying to keep pace the whole time! If my "mystery tires" lasted 10 laps, then I would have put on mediums. If they lasted 20 laps I would have put on softs as I knew they could go that far if I could take care of them. Unfortunately when I changed to the softs I had to pick up the pace and push! They were wearing to the bone after a while. I might have finished with them at about 94% at the end of the race. (I just checked and I did have softs to start the race *phew*!)

My first stint was the busiest I have ever had in AC. Attacking and defending at the same time was definitely a challenge as I was in the middle of a multicar train. Maybe five guys at one time. I was trying so hard to keep up!

@Akis Kevrekidis and I had some awesome moments. I am lucky to have gone side by side with this guy. It could have gone really bad really fast. :] Oh, and I totally understand about staring at the back of my car. The Guinness BMW GT2 skin tends to highlight the cars, uh, trunk ;)

As for the touch with Mr. Dos Santos, things happen. It's easy to get out of sorts in T1. It's ok.

I'll see ya next time guys!
Oh, I almost forgot. I humbly take this trophy celebrating the fastest (and only) BMW GT2 of the field. Thank you, thank you! :cry:
~Bailey
Overall, awesome race.

Last edited:
Yes, I was lap behind because of the accident on lap 1, but I wasnt on softs or anything. My pace was genuine.
I was gaining, went for the inside because at that point I was being held down...but of course, it didnt worked.

So, Im sorry to Darien.

Just did a bit of testing according to yesterdays race. I tried soft tyres on 24 laps... beginnin laptimes with 23 high and 24 low. After 13 laps was doing mid 24, and after 20 laps low 25. Even the 24th lap was 25.5. So in conclusion, in a race that short with mandatory pitstop, even medium tyres are not needed when you just give those tyres a little pity:).
I don't have much time to practice so I'm allways getting these things only after a race when I start to think why I was slower than others. :rolleyes:
And the best part. All I did to my setup was lower the front camber a bit to get those tyres to last, and ofcourse drove a bit gently. Just as a hint to all of you others who start to slip with soft tyres after few laps like I did :)
It's nice that could learn something about this defeat.
See you again in races to come...

Just did a bit of testing according to yesterdays race. I tried soft tyres on 24 laps... beginnin laptimes with 23 high and 24 low. After 13 laps was doing mid 24, and after 20 laps low 25. Even the 24th lap was 25.5. So in conclusion, in a race that short with mandatory pitstop, even medium tyres are not needed when you just give those tyres a little pity:).
I don't have much time to practice so I'm allways getting these things only after a race when I start to think why I was slower than others. :rolleyes:
And the best part. All I did to my setup was lower the front camber a bit to get those tyres to last, and ofcourse drove a bit gently. Just as a hint to all of you others who start to slip with soft tyres after few laps like I did :)
Good judgement to do a post-mortem, Rami ,)

It was very fun yesterday.. Finish arond 7th i think. Qual 15...
I must learn a lot about car set. Both left tire was green, right blue. (in tire temp. app)

Just to add... according to my test you can push the soft tyre as long as temps are just below 100 degree celsius. If those get hotter, you will lose grip big time... but when you can cool them to around 100 or below, the grip is back :thumbsup: And in the track (Brands Hatch) cooling them down a bit meant only around half a second loss to lap time.
These are just my conclusions, and worked for me. But for the longer events I think it's good to give them some attention.

By the way... how huge is the difference in feel of the car, let's say between momo and thrustmaster T-500? Has anyone got experience of both? I'm still with my ancient momo wich is working fine, but am wondering would a new one improve my driving...

Last edited:
Bad news.
Bad news for no simresults.

mod-edit: consolidated for you, please keep the forum tidy

Last edited by a moderator:

I was doing 1.24.5 times with mediums at the end of the stint, so I think mediums are still better in a race like this. They dropped to 98% in the end. And you can have A LOT more camber = more lateral grip, which is why I could be a second faster and I didn't have problems with temps. I think my camber was -3.2 front, -2.6 back and quite a soft suspension for maximum grip.

It was very fun yesterday.. Finish arond 7th i think. Qual 15...
I must learn a lot about car set. Both left tire was green, right blue. (in tire temp. app)
It's hard to get temps to be green in all tires, especially in a track like this which has a lot of rights and only a few slow lefts. It doesn't really matter that much as long as it's not red or dark blue.

mod-edit: consolidated for you, please keep the forum tidy

Last edited by a moderator:
I was doing 1.24.5 times with mediums at the end of the stint, so I think mediums are still better in a race like this. They dropped to 98% in the end. And you can have A LOT more camber = more lateral grip, which is why I could be a second faster and I didn't have problems with temps. I think my camber was -3.2 front, -2.6 back and quite a soft suspension for maximum grip.
4.6 and 3.6 camber for me ;)
Mediums were around 1.25s for me consistently through the race (managed to dip into the mid 1.24s occasionally as well) ; and of course the qualifying supersofts were about a second or two faster. Mediums are definitely the way to go in a race of that length; two stints with a break in the middle leaves very little tyre degradation, only down to about 97% just over halfway.

Bad news for no simresults.
Try these race results

I think that SimResults does a better job if the file is from the server, but you can always get a display like this by going into *your* My Documents/Assetto Corsa/out/ folder. Make a copy of the race_out.json file (so it doesn't get overwritten) and then upload that file to the simresults.net site. It will create a page like the one above. Because the file is not from the server, it will not contain all of the lap times for a practice/qualifying though....but it does seem to contain all of the race lap times.

Thanks for the info on the tyres and setup. I didn't really change anything on the setup for the Ferrari. I was spending too much time figuring out how to get around the track with my pre-race practice and during qualifying.

After following @Rami Mattila and @Tuomas Tähtelä around in the replay, I really needed to change the gearing in the car. I was trying to get around the track only using first through fifth gears....changing the gearing would have helped quite a bit on corner entry/exit. Once I finally figure out how to properly set up a car, I may be more competitive with the rest at the top of the grid :)

@Fred Locklear
I think you should have more practice before the race event. I started practising on Tuesday I think so I got a lot of practice. Also, I find the stock 458 setup quite bad, it's not that fast and it has bad grip and feeling. I usually just try to first learn the track a bit if I haven't driven on it before, maybe 10 to 15 laps, then start making setup changes to make the car better. Then for the last time I'm practising, I check the fuel and tire usage and decide on a pit strategy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back