AMS2 GT1s @ Jacarepagua - Tuesday 11 January 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
It needs to be a note, rather than a message as messages get supplanted with newer ones and could be missed
Ah, I was actually meaning both a note and a message, only so that if anyone has already signed up they might at least see the notifications and review the new ones. To be honest, it's not usually a problem for me anyway as I tend to hit my mediocre pace fairly quickly, but sometimes I don't get a chance to join practice and I have been caught out previously when jumping into the car in the closing minutes of qualy and promptly hitting the wall around T5 :D

Yeah, I should have posted it also, but I thought with only a handful of signups as of Sunday it wouldn't affect too many folks. really though, the historic vs flows better, but man, watch out for the curbs! Practice server is up for today.

Can't say I'm a fan of the bobbity bobbity front end on these cars, they are all as bad as each other. Never liked this and sadly never had a clue as to how to dial it out in the setup. I'm just finding it very difficult to control the cars with any precision. With the other complaints I've seen on the forums I wonder if this is an example of something else that has gone backwards too.
My favourite track for testing these GT1s is old Imola so I'm going to see if it the same on that track but not that I remember it like that tbh.
Well to follow up it is not as noticeable at Imola, but there is something different about the handling. tbh I could do Imola with my eyes shut flat out (you get the point) and yet not now, not with whatever Reiza has changed recently. I loved these cars, especially the Macca. Time to do something else for a bit.

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this race. I just cannot get a handle on the cars they all feel v weird, grip seems to be by lottery and I really have no idea what the car is doing. There is no way that I can enjoy this race as things stand. Sorry. :(

Know what you mean. I'm really not enjoying the Mclaren here in the same way I have at other tracks, for example it's just not rotating like it does at brands for me. I tried the Porsche and it feels a bit better for my style, so I'm going to give that a go for the race.

I am curious tho, does anyone else have a problem with these cars at this track? or is it just me (most likely)

I tried all 3 cars over the last few days and found them pretty much the same. The track is bumpy and the server practice is set to light rubber. I softened the springs and ARBs, bit more rear wing and found them to be quite drivable; they were drifting around some of the medium speed corners with an initial bit of understeer to contend with. I've settled on the Mercedes, as I like its engine feel.

Sign me up please - certainly do seem to suffer from the AMS2 bunny hop which has been dialled out of most cars I think.
Nice one Steve.
I must be a bit numb as I don't notice this hopping. They are overly stiff though, just watch the suspension hud and how little they move.

Thanks for racing guys, was a blast even as I explored the lost world of the out field a few times.
results.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies