AMS2 GT1s @ Jacarepagua - Tuesday 11 January 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium

RD Race2.jpg

Join us on Tuesday night for some friendly club races with fellow premium members.​

This week, we are tackling the 3 GT1 class cars: The Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, and the Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail around the sweeping high speed Jacarepagua circuit.
In an increasingly digital world, these prototypes were perhaps the last analogue racers worth the name.
A sequential stick shift and lcd screens place them firmly in the 1990s, yet their dynamics and lack of electronic assists harken back to an earlier era.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

*Please note change to the Historic vs of track & not the 2005 vs.

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 GT1
Server Password: bangers
Server Settings: X2 fuel/tyres
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Jacarepagua Historic
Cars: GT1 Class
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (45 minutes)

Skins:

Entry List

1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. nepal roade
  4. VelocityBraker
  5. G-Slev
  6. Daniel R.
  7. max1966i
  8. Peter Kasbergen
  9. PurgerUK
  10. Ingemar Petersson
  11. Steve Le Gallez
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free Spot
  30. Free Spot

Last edited:
Argh! I love late 90’s GT1 but why Tuesday!? Sadly I got league race on Tuesdays.

I wish you guys a great event with these awesome machines! :thumbsup:
And here’s hoping next time these cars featured here it’ll be on a day I can participate as I’ve yet been able to drive these online, also that Reiza adds more cars to the class such as Lotus Elise GT1, Toyota TS020, Merc CLK-GTR etc..

The focus will be older or more organic cars - I am not a fan of TC/ABS or 20-different-EC-settings type cars. Having said that, though, if it's a good combo, say the GTEs around Long Beach, then sure, it's worth a blast.
Between all the AMS2 clubs, there should be something for everyone.

Last edited:
*Please note change to the Historic vs of track & not the 2005 vs.
haha I missed that too, but very happy to see it. I got caught out by the newer version which I've never driven but much prefer the old track (which I pretty much always do). I'm even more excited now. :)

Just spotted this by pure chance. No major problem as it's just a bit of fun, but could I make a suggestion that such updates are also put in a separate message?
It needs to be a note, rather than a message as messages get supplanted with newer ones and could be missed. A late change I know, but
I only decided yesterday after some more practice laps, as the 2005 layout is abit too fussy, and 3 days out it could be done without too much disturbance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back