ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Zandvoort - Saturday 9th May 2020 ** Twitch Live Stream **

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Disappointed race for My Side :cry:
Race was looking to be a good one, but got caught up in fernando deutsch mistakes on lap 6 and got heavy damage worth 2min 14s of repair time :(. I decide to continue race, the pitstop put me 2 laps down so a recovery drive was impossible :( Still it was some new experience :thumbsup:, try to climb up in the field, unlaps some cars and manages a 47 laps stint. Finish P20 in no mans land so race was litte :poop:

A request to future races, I do not how much you can change damage or repair time on the server settings, but if we could have faster repair speed or zero/less damage( I know in AC club race RaceDepartment run with zero damage). I mean it is a club race it meant to be fun! If you are involved in a incident you will always lose time, so we do not need some extra minutes in pit also. With zero damage we get more drivers to finish the race and have more fight=more fun. My race was ended by another driver's mistake and without 2min of repair I could still had a good race.

Anyways thank Paul for organising and I will you all in the next race:)

WHAT A RACE!

Despite the fact that i didn"t find any pace in quali, start p5, get stucked behind Bolgar for 2 or 3 laps an then pedal to the metal!
The battle we had me and @marcos1988 was absolutly stunning! Somme not clean moves happened (but i understood later that my car lagged out a bit) but we had pretty much the same pace. In fact, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th had the same pace for the first half of the race :)
That a shame that D.Long needed to pit so early in the race, i need to watch the replay to see why...

But, i've lost my second place in the pits... I've got a Lexus in my box so i overshoot the box and so loose 4 to 5 second the time to me to reverse in my place... Damm you short pit lanes!

And then, got a slow puncture 20 mins before the end and so cannot recover form my loosed time in the pits.

Finish p3, p2 was possible if i don't f***** up my stop (sorry for bad language)

In short, what a battle with Marco, fair and clean, that's what i love :inlove:

Blue flagged cars was perfect, didn't loose so much time to wait behind them (despite the track width ;) )

Commentary was perfect too! I mean, commentated by THE Martin Haven (and Paul obviously, ;) ). One of the first time (with yesterday) who commentators can say may name correctly :D

Ross deserved this victory, with the same pace, he took advantage of our fight with Marco :)

Looking forward for my revenge Marco!

P.S: if someone have the replay in game, if you can give it to me or do amazing screens of my race / car, I will be extremely indebted to you ;)

Screenshot_20200509-234656.jpg

The Mercedes Bentley AMG

Really happy with my first race in this ACC Club. It was really good with lots of good fighting.
Also thanks to the cars being lapped. Most of them were really good letting me pass.

@PurgerUK don't worry about the incident. Didn't reply to you since my mic wasn't working today. No worries and sad for your network issues.
Had that earlier in the afternoon and I guess it's ACC servers issue as when I lost connection to the servers, couldn't see any back in the servers list and people were complaining on the forums
Typical that my rookie mistake just happened as they switched to my car in the stream though it wasn’t an attempt at a pass. I’d been following you for 2-3 laps and was happy with braking points but on that corner I just wasn’t getting the car stopped quick enough and went for the gap on the inside to get a few more yards on the brakes but it wasn’t enough.

Not sure if there are any client network settings for ACC as in the brief amount of online play I’ve had in ACC I’ve had 4 disconnects and never had a problem with any other sim.

Typical that my rookie mistake just happened as they switched to my car in the stream though it wasn’t an attempt at a pass. I’d been following you for 2-3 laps and was happy with braking points but on that corner I just wasn’t getting the car stopped quick enough and went for the gap on the inside to get a few more yards on the brakes but it wasn’t enough.

Not sure if there are any client network settings for ACC as in the brief amount of online play I’ve had in ACC I’ve had 4 disconnects and never had a problem with any other sim.
Maybe ABS kicked in and made the distance longer?

Last week they have been having server issues. After the race yesterday tried to look into ratings screen and couldn't do it. So servers were unstable at the time of the race.
Guess it's all the new influx of people from the lock down

EDIT: Checked stats, and they didn't update to reflect the race yesterday. Still only have like 10 laps in Zandvoort...

Last edited:
Decided to enter after the Silverstone race and had no experience on Zandervoot, I had been playing around with the setup in practice and come qualifiynig I wasn't happy with it and reverted back to the bog standard aggressive setup which I was more comfortable with however i found myself in P20 for the race after a few missed apexes and traffic which was to be expected with nearly 50 cars whizzing around.
I was determined to have a clean race and worked myself up to 6th at one point, then entered the pits and forgot i had changed my engine starter setting from auto to manual and lost a good 10sec wondering why nothing was happening, Doh!
Came out in P16 fought my way back to P8, getting caught by Sousa at the end and giving away my 8th without a fight as i got confused between Sousa/McGregor Bentley's :roflmao: but in all honesty i cant complain with a top 10 finish on my 3rd online race attempt.
Big shout out to the RaceDepartment team for organising another quality event with hard and fair fighting entry of competitors also, also Kudos for having Martin onboard for the commentary, just been watching it on Twitch and i must say how its been put together, great commentating and great racing make the 90mins of watching fly by, keep up the good work.

Car 181 - White Bentley.

Last edited:
Anyone did the race without pitting?
Yes, in a way.

I just pitted like normal (45 minute mark), but I didn't know you had to select a different tyre set when entering the pit (something was wrong with the settings I guess). So with the tyre swap, the mechanics put on the same shoes as before. An hour into the race and I thought I had some damage because I knew for sure I pitted for new tyres (lap times where 1:42, very slow). Went in again to repair my damage but still the understeer was there. Then, 20 minutes before the end my left front tyre popped in the last corner confirming that I had indeed not changed my shoes. After the correct tyre swap my times where up again, and I had to get adjusted to the front grip I suddenly had again.

70 minutes on the same tyes are not a good thing haha (btw, do the tyres change after qualy?)

Ended up p24 because of this... just a lesson for next time ;)

#162 Pink Aston Martin

So we could say taking the same livery as the leader is a good tactic @Iwan Jones ? :p

I wondered why you were so slow out of the chicane. It was a good fight

Yes! :roflmao:...
...because I think it also worked for me in my first race at Spa, I wondered why some backmarkers would fly out the way of me to realise quite quickly as to why when i was caught myself by an identical car at alarming pace, or it could just be me :roflmao:. Anyway I've decided to go for a slightly Welsh inspired livery which was called 'garish' by @Paul Jeffrey on his Silverstone coverage, I just cant win sometimes :(:roflmao:. Hoping that the new livery editor that will be coming will allow some wide variations for the cars as the popular Bentley will always look good in BRG colours.

But it didn't matter, I ran deep into that chicane and had seen that you had been catching me for a while from looking at the splits and decided i was happy with my top 10, and with the leader right behind I or the car was in no mood for a fight that would end in tears with one, two or maybe three Bentley's from the top10 in the kitty litter due to my inexperience, maybe next time ;).

Hey guys, great race again tonight, was another fantastic event to commentate on, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just need to say this the once (ok, anytime I possibly can for the next few years - MARTIN HAVEN!!!!!) How bloody awesome is that, THE Martin Haven, of WTCC, Le Mans, WEC and Eurosport fame - commentating on an RD club race :D :D :D :D

I'm still shaking with excitement about being in the virtual booth with him - what an absolute pro, took to sim racing like the legend he is. Although I'm buzzing to have done comms together, I'd just love to hear that voice commentating on my race performance...!

For those who missed it, or want to watch again, please find below the Twitch video here (and again, please do like and subscribe to both Twitch and YouTube channels - it means a lot to us):

Another beautiful race - roll on the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship! Remember, we've got prizes to give out for each race, and even a chance for anyone who sets a time in quali regardless of pace, so please do head over and register, and be sure to tune in to the broadcasts for more from Martin and I, and a chance to win cool stuff!

Thanks as always to @Davy Vandevenne @Paul Glover for the broadcast, we've still got issues to iron out, but they will be sorted soon enough

Cheers!

I just have looked at the Twitch broadcast. It was an absolut fantastic moment. Many thanks for that.
Even if I was not in front, I have highly appreciated to appear on the broadcast too ;)
Nice to see that you and Martin Haven seem to have appreciated the "epic" battle of my AMG green/orange against the Audi of Ricoow. (start at 58:00 of the broadcasting)
I regret the contact at the end of it of course, and I am sorry for Ricoow. I have made anything I could to let as much place as possible, but there was not much place. As you said, we have both tried to be as fair as possible, and from my point of you it has been a fantastic moment . I like simracing for such moment.
Sorry Ricoow. :(

Wow guys, what a race, epic fights, especially with @CDM. Indeed a somewhat big bump at Renault corner after I saw your car flying in the gravel, and half a second later you were next to me again!

From start to finish an absolutely astonishing race. I replayed the broadcast with the commentator and enjoyed it like it was a real Zandvoort race. Looking forward to the next one, and maybe, just maybe @CDM will get a revenge

Thx for organising and broadcasting RD

• Love
Reactions: CDM
Hi everybody.

first, I would like to apologize for the incident with Oscar "Faraday" at lap 21.
It is maybe a race incident, but I regret it and it is not my style. It may have worked, but it was to make it short inapropriate at this stage of the race.
Until that, we were both on the right pace in touch with the front.
Instead of that, we lose both a lot.

For that, i have decided to ban myself for one month .
I hope I could work offline and come back better !

It’s all good man, thanks for clearing that up. I though it was a bit risky to divebomb like that but I know it’s not easy to be in that position, I was struggling to defend and you would’ve passed me sooner than later so there was no need to gamble and you lost a lot for it.

We all make mistakes so don’t be so hard on yourself!

My car was pretty battered so I had to repair the bodywork. Cost me about 20 seconds extra ;)

Oh, that explains it! Still, it wasn’t enough to keep you behind in the end

Thanks Oscar.
Glad to see that you take it like that.
I don't think it was a real "divebomb" situation :whistling:. My overtaking has been Indeed almost succesful :p (the problem is just the word "almost")
I have looked a tthe replay from above, and I think that there was effectively some place.
But I lose the grip at the front by braking and just slip straight forward. And of course there was no way for you to imagine that I would do that :D
It was as you said a gambling, and it was not necessary at all.

I am not hard at all on myself.
I am not the last to critic some behaviour on track from other pilots. I think then that it is normal to be hard on myself when I make obviously a mistake which could have been avoided.
I would be personally for a lot more drastic race regulation. The Race department rules are very nice, but very often not applicated. Nobody has the time to analyze in detail. And of course, all is about having fun after all.

See you on track the next time .

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies