ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Zandvoort - Saturday 9th May 2020 ** Twitch Live Stream **

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Really happy with my first race in this ACC Club. It was really good with lots of good fighting.
Also thanks to the cars being lapped. Most of them were really good letting me pass.

@PurgerUK don't worry about the incident. Didn't reply to you since my mic wasn't working today. No worries and sad for your network issues.
Had that earlier in the afternoon and I guess it's ACC servers issue as when I lost connection to the servers, couldn't see any back in the servers list and people were complaining on the forums

you beauty - scraped into the top 21!!!

was losing tyre temp on rear had to make an extra pitstop near the end, but had enough pace to catch and pass to grab that much sought after and so elusive P21!!!

Phew, it was hard. My first ever race with the Merc in ACC and to my surprise, I was truly struggling for pace in a race distance (compared to my qualy performance), not sure why. I certainly messed up my tire pressures which didn't help, but even like that, the Bentleys just disappeared in the distance.:confused:

btw i had two screen freezes. fortunately heading in a sttraight line so could break and when it unfroze was in the gravel.... phew.
is this my kit or something that happens with acc?

Was quite awesome race for me. The fight with @balage06 could have been longer. I touched a backmarker Porsche in the rear (a black red one) and got mentioned by Paul Glover. Sorry for that. The group in front of you got slower than expected.
But P15 to P5 is a good result for me.
Got a quick glimpse into the stream. Great commentary there.

thanks to all.

That was a toughie tonight. Couldn't nail a perfect lap in qualie until my last run- when an Aston inexplicably had stopped on the apex of a corner before disappearing. Lost 0.2s at least... was 2nd on the grid by 0.2s. Cheers.

Seemed to lose all my pace at the beginning of the race after too much setup tweakage after qualie, but managed to stay ahead of Marco. His Bentley seemed to be faster in the fast corners and way better on the brakes, so i'd probably opened up the brake ducts too much. Caught a brake when he ran into some traffic issues, and with some clear air i was able to concentrate on driving a bit faster and cleaner. I then inherited 1st when Dan pitted early, and started to build a gap to 2nd & 3rd. This continued after the pit stops, and i found a bit more pace in myself to extend the gap.

Traffic was much better than yesterday's race, however i still had a couple of 'squeaky bum' moments with cars rejoining the track in silly ways, and guys veering off-line before a corner to let me through. Just slow down on a straight section and maintain trajectory- it's safer!! Also, Mike Davies in the Ferrari refused to let me by for a few laps despite all the blue flags. This was just after the pit stops so could have been crucial if the gap to 2nd was closer. Thankfully, it didn't matter.

Lastly, Martin Haven was commentating! What a coup for RaceDepartment! Well done to whoever got that sorted out!! Cheers Paul (x2), Bram, Martin, Ricardo and whoever else helped out tonight.

Hey guys, great race again tonight, was another fantastic event to commentate on, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just need to say this the once (ok, anytime I possibly can for the next few years - MARTIN HAVEN!!!!!) How bloody awesome is that, THE Martin Haven, of WTCC, Le Mans, WEC and Eurosport fame - commentating on an RD club race :D :D :D :D

I'm still shaking with excitement about being in the virtual booth with him - what an absolute pro, took to sim racing like the legend he is. Although I'm buzzing to have done comms together, I'd just love to hear that voice commentating on my race performance...!

For those who missed it, or want to watch again, please find below the Twitch video here (and again, please do like and subscribe to both Twitch and YouTube channels - it means a lot to us):

Another beautiful race - roll on the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship! Remember, we've got prizes to give out for each race, and even a chance for anyone who sets a time in quali regardless of pace, so please do head over and register, and be sure to tune in to the broadcasts for more from Martin and I, and a chance to win cool stuff!

Thanks as always to @Davy Vandevenne @Paul Glover for the broadcast, we've still got issues to iron out, but they will be sorted soon enough

Cheers!

I am also sorry for the touch @Fernando Deutsch I was too long over the curbs :(Tried to avoid it, but had too much speed. Aynway you paid me back plenty by that incident on main straight, that was unfortunate, we had nice battle till then :cry:

Hey, no problem @r!ver_cz , that is part of racing. You were putting a lot of pressure on me and I was not able to make the pass on the Merc so there was a train of cars being build. Unfortunately I touch the inside curb of the last corner and lost control of the car. I tried to stay the most outside of the track but that was just the exit of the turn. I am very very sorry to all whom I affected. I am so mad at myself.

Hey guys, great race again tonight, was another fantastic event to commentate on, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just need to say this the once (ok, anytime I possibly can for the next few years - MARTIN HAVEN!!!!!) How bloody awesome is that, THE Martin Haven, of WTCC, Le Mans, WEC and Eurosport fame - commentating on an RD club race :D :D :D :D

I'm still shaking with excitement about being in the virtual booth with him - what an absolute pro, took to sim racing like the legend he is. Although I'm buzzing to have done comms together, I'd just love to hear that voice commentating on my race performance...!

For those who missed it, or want to watch again, please find below the Twitch video here (and again, please do like and subscribe to both Twitch and YouTube channels - it means a lot to us):

Another beautiful race - roll on the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship! Remember, we've got prizes to give out for each race, and even a chance for anyone who sets a time in quali regardless of pace, so please do head over and register, and be sure to tune in to the broadcasts for more from Martin and I, and a chance to win cool stuff!

Thanks as always to @Davy Vandevenne @Paul Glover for the broadcast, we've still got issues to iron out, but they will be sorted soon enough

Cheers!

Will it be available on YouTube too?

Will it be available on YouTube too?

Hey Ross,

Good question, and one I've not got an answer to at this moment in time! This was always going to be something of a test broadcast, getting to know each other, trying out some new software and workflows etc, so it wasn't the absolute slickest production in the world, but putting it on YT is certainly something to think about.

Will let you know if and when it does go on.

Cheers

Really enjoyed my second race and managed to finish this one but still got a 30 second stop and go. I must stop speeding in the pitlane :rolleyes: Thanks Paul for the shout out and thanks guys for a great race. I learnt a lot tonight and hope I didn't hold any of you aliens up when passing :)

Nice one. I was a complete Zandvoort virgin 20’ before free practice, absolutely 0 experience in any game or real life!, so it was a bit of a challenge! But I liked it a lot!

I managed to do a 1:36.something during practice, but in qualy I just couldn’t improve... Anyway, started P29, tried to survive the first laps and stay out of trouble so I picked up a lot of positions. I didn’t have a great pace, most of the time I found myself trying to defend from faster cars, although I was lucky to make fewer mistakes and stay in the top 15.
I was P7 some laps before my pitstop, following @Ricoow who I just couldn’t keep behind me, I did my pitstop one lap later than him, I think it was a good call because I gained a couple of positions back when I rejoined the track, with a considerable gap to Mr Umans... But I was slooooow, even with fresh tyres and I couldn’t really improve my best lap (1:38.0 at the start of the race), and then I noticed my brake pedal was doing funny things and it was constantly at 2-3% when I removed my foot. No wonder I was so slow on the straights! I did my best to finish, pulling the pedal with my heel on the straights, not very comfortable... Ended up losing my position to Ricoow and I did everything I could to defend from @Grazze53317 , I was sweating! I just saw the battle on twitch and enjoyed it a lot! I know it looked like I was pushing a lot and going wide everywhere but that way I could get better traction out of the corners. I believe you made some mistake on the last lap allowing me to breathe a little and finish P15. All things considered, I think that’s pretty neat!

@Paul Jeffrey the streaming was great, I just watched it, to have Martin Haven on board is über cool, period.
So glad my pitlane entry got caught on camera, check it out here. I have to say it wasn’t that scary from my view but I did fear I was going to get a penalty, I was a bit optimistic slowing down before the 50kmh sigh lol. To have such great comentators talking about that manouver is probably my biggest achievement in simracing. Ever.

Thanks again to everyone for this good times, cheers!

Last edited:
Hi everybody.

first, I would like to apologize for the incident with Oscar "Faraday" at lap 21.
It is maybe a race incident, but I regret it and it is not my style. It may have worked, but it was to make it short inapropriate at this stage of the race.
Until that, we were both on the right pace in touch with the front.
Instead of that, we lose both a lot.

For that, i have decided to ban myself for one month .
I hope I could work offline and come back better !

For the rest, after having been hit from the back and send into the wall after only some turns, i had to fight with a damaged car during the first stint.
I could only take 246 km/h into the straight instead of 251 during the second stint, after repairing the car.
Thanks a lot . (not speaking about the position I have lost).

My AMG was very good yesterday, and I had a lot of fun. I can that i improve, and I am very satisfied about that.
I will come back to zandvoort, stronger for sure !!!

I Don't understand why ACC make the car repair per default.
I could not managed to desactivate this feature (stress !!) entering the pit, and I have lost 20" more into the pit, for Something I didn't wanted absolutely.

for the rest, some guys are very Dangerous on the track.
I will not give any name. Everybody can judge by himself.

Fantastic race yesterday. Thanks to the team, and all fellow simracers !
See you in one month, after I recover from my self-ban for my inapropriate action at lap 21

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%