ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Hungaroring - Saturday 21st March 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Well soon we will be releasing a race broadcast with commentary etc, as we have the OTCR stream file, however if we had the actual replay that would be absolutely ideal as we could do the 'proper' live broadcast with cameras and stuff. If no one has it, at least we can improvise with the original stream even though doing it that way isn't ideal.
here the replay BUT it's only from 9th lap onward...
Race

Qualy

You can see the results in the stream twitch.tv/otcr_simracing
Unfortunately in ACC there is what many consider a bug to be fixed, when someone exit the game, the driver disappear from the grid list. So unless you have an external app to register the results the final grid list will be incorrect (if anyone exit). And by mistake i clicked exit :D
1584888020141.png

Thanks @JamieG fo r the files mate, appreciate it!

SGP is out in beta state for AC1 now (other sims and features to be added as development progresses). Just visit the simracing.gp website and sign up and you are good to go once the invite is sent over!

I did research to understand the reason for the big difference in speed on the main straight...well, my CSL Elite LC was for the whole race with the brake always at 4% :confused:... in rF2 I had set the minimum manually, but never done with ACC since it is not my favorite sim...
A pity, it could have been an even more fun race, better the next one! :thumbsup::sneaky:

• Deleted member 387850

You can see the results in the stream twitch.tv/otcr_simracing
Unfortunately in ACC there is what many consider a bug to be fixed, when someone exit the game, the driver disappear from the grid list. So unless you have an external app to register the results the final grid list will be incorrect (if anyone exit). And by mistake i clicked exit :D

So is the classification at the end of the stream correct even if someone exited? I think that's why I thought I came P9 when it looks like I came P10. Still learning a lot about ACC, particularly when it comes to Multiplayer.

Regarding the highlights, if it's set to save max 30 mins and you hit the "m" key to save, then I assume it only saves the most recent 30 mins in a longer session? Does upping the max replay length have much impact on performance and any reason not to set it to autosave?

So is the classification at the end of the stream correct even if someone exited? I think that's why I thought I came P9 when it looks like I came P10. Still learning a lot about ACC, particularly when it comes to Multiplayer.

Regarding the highlights, if it's set to save max 30 mins and you hit the "m" key to save, then I assume it only saves the most recent 30 mins in a longer session? Does upping the max replay length have much impact on performance and any reason not to set it to autosave?

That screenshot is not fully accurate, as some people are still racing (they have a green bar after their name) and some other have crossed the finish line (they have a checkered flag next to their name). For example I show as P18 on that screenshot but I gained one place on the second to last corner. I guess one would have to see as each car crosses the line... nor practical, you're right.

I think hitting M means you save a highlight around that time. You can extend your replay save to maximum one hour, I think.

That screenshot is not fully accurate, as some people are still racing (they have a green bar after their name) and some other have crossed the finish line (they have a checkered flag next to their name). For example I show as P18 on that screenshot but I gained one place on the second to last corner. I guess one would have to see as each car crosses the line... nor practical, you're right.

I think hitting M means you save a highlight around that time. You can extend your replay save to maximum one hour, I think.

It is not accurate because some people (read --> me) left after crossing the finish line but before everyone had finished... it was just as an example
The max replay time is 1h 15' I am not sure if it has a real impact on the performance. I haven't noticed any but maybe its me.

Just watched the start of the stream, there were three drivers who received penalties but they were not displayed for long. Saying that though, there should have been a symbol by your name on the leaderboard to show others you have a penalty, maybe you missed it?
I was one of them, got a DT for wrong position at start. That speed range meter is cruel! :D
For me the penalty stayed on the whole time in my top(ish) right part of the hud, telling me the number of laps I have remaining to clear it too. It is slightly confusing though that you have to reference your car number to know it's for you, as it looks exactly as when you get messaged that others got penalties.

From my end, I served my penalty on lap 2 I think, it cleared alright, and managed to have great battles in the backfield with some other "unlucky" mates! :D

This was a great experience, been racing online for a few weeks now and this was by far the most enjoyable, many thanks to everyone involved - I certainly will be back for more!

Should probably get some practice in though, if after an incident when I accidentally hit the limiter after avoiding a crash (apologies to whoever ended up being blocked in the second to last corner), getting a 30 sec stop & go for failing to hit the same button when it WAS necessary and the spinning in the last 5 minutes and still getting P16 you kind of wonder what might have been.^^

So, everyone stay healthy and see you in a few days!

Hey guys, I'm the dude that was running the stream (OTCR_Simracing) and directing the camera for the race. As someone new to all of this (Racing, not streaming) I would love any and all feedback on how to make it better. This was only my second time using the ACC Director and even though it was much improved from the first time I did this, watching it back I can already see things I missed :cry:

The ACC director is not the best, heli cam goes wonky, it bugs out after each session which requires me to leave and rejoin after quali going into the race (If you watch the stream you can see me leaving the game during the formation lap, I was panicking trying to get back in time for the actual start as I didn't realise this was a bug until 1 minute to go!) I have found a workaround for this though as I can go to an intermission screen while I disconnect and rejoin, waiting for the session to start. Finally, as you have already discussed, when people leave the race they get removed from the leaderboard which scuffed the final results!

The director shows me when there is an accident but it only shows me the car #, not the name of the driver or what position they were in so I have to search the leaderboard manually for the car # in order to pan to the accident which is annoying because by then it has most probably cleared up.

The stream was in 720p, which made the final recording 720p as well. I didn't realise you could split the resolution on OBS to stream in 720p and record at 1080p too, so future recordings of the stream will be in full HD for you to use @Paul Jeffrey ! I was testing some streams last night at 1080p to see if my PC could handle it and everything ran smooth so I might even run both at 1080p! I would love to have a commentator to sit in with me and do it live, but it seems everyone wants to race instead ;)

All in all I really enjoyed it. I don't watch any racing or play any racing games so this is all new to me, I only just found out what a 'DT' even means from this race :roflmao: (I'm doing this as a favour for the OTCR guys as my dad is part of the community) but I found my self glued to my seat throughout the whole race, the ending was nuts! I am finding myself getting into it more and more as I learn each day. So yeah, thank you for allowing me permission to run the stream and like I said, please give me as much feedback as you can for future races whether it's for RD or just general tips to look out for as a racing noob! :x3:

Cheers!

@carlsenth Yeah I would love to have a commentator on board with me! If you know anyone that wants to do that kind of thing let me know :D I am not knowledgable enough about racing to do it myself and want to commit fully to being the cameraman/director controlling the stream as that's more my thing ;)

@Ricoow did a great job commentating! (But that was only because he had injured himself and couldn't race. :D)

What are the particular qualifications you are looking for?
Thanks sir, currently I can race. :) However I am also working on building my own overlay to have way more control over what is shown on screen, think gaps, speeds, leaderboards etc etc When that is finished I might get back to a stream (and with corona, being at home, that being finished could be sooner rather than later)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.