ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Hungaroring - Saturday 21st March 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Honestly one of the most fun races i have had in a long time. Was able to lead after wolf had problems with his wheel (And he still somehow won) and was leading for about 45-60 mins while having a battle with @Michael Rudolf . sadly that battle ended when a backmarker forgot to break and took as out at the same time. also managed to get myself a 30 second stop go penalty for speeding meaning i visited my pit box 3 times. then the rain came and i managed to work my way up to 6th even though i spun twice. but overall one of the most fun races i have ever done. really hope to be able to join you guys for the next race

Woah, this was insane! I had a good start and was able to snatch P3 ahead of Paul, I planned a longer first stint, so I tried my best to keep him behind, after the pitstop I came back ~5 seconds behind him, but I could reduce the gap and I was right behind him when the storm came. I pitted immediately for wets, but then I realized I don't have the TC increase button mapped to my wheel, so I was absolutely lost with minimal TC, spun and stalled like 4 times, then someone decided to turn into me from the run-off area(!) in the last corner, somehow still ended up on the podium. Now I need a beer and a shower!:D Thanks everyone!

Oh and could somebody upload the first ~45 minutes of the race? I forgot to hit the save replay button.

Last edited:
Gentlemen that was exceptionally enjoyable event with some great driving and racing - awesome stuff!

Had a nightmare end, pitted from the lead in the last 20 minutes for the rain, then first missed my stop marker and had to reverse, then the bloody pit crew decided to change my brakes leading to a 1 min 30 pitstop! Argh!

Came back out p8 or 9, but luckily managed to pick my way back to 4th in the torrential rain... visibility zero! Had a slight spin too in the last lap or so but managed to survive just about...

If no one objects, I'd like to create an 'as live' broadcast of the race for our YouTube channel? Please let me know if that isn't ok..?

Thanks Paul G for setting up the server and hosting, and thanks everyone for a great time.

Hopefully see you all next week at Paul Ricard! (Event thread is up... so sign up now!!!!)

Such a great race, Qualifying 10th of 40 feels great. Then only dropped out at start to P11 and then climbed back to P8 before getting a slight punt and fall back to P11 again. Was fighting for P8 and after the pitstops came out 6 seconds ahead, so I did something right there! Climbed P7, rain struck, climbed to P6 but lost a few places again. Eventually people deciding to become lawn mowers (or you know, having issue with the rain) and climbed to an eventual P7 finish. Not at all unhappy about that. Target Top 10 was achieved :D

What a race! I cut across someone on L1 into the chicane and got spun (serves me right) and had to wait for the whole field to go past. Was making good progress but then clipped @Balazs Floszmann as he was rejoining (thanks for waiting, I guess I should have slowed down even more) and then got a DT for track limits. I fuelled full and set the car up for a bit of wet and at some point I though it would never come. And then I saw it on the forecast and it worked perfectly with my fuel stop. I was then driving in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear the whole lap with almost no visibility but managed to overtake 3rd and 2nd just before the end. And with Wolf only ahead, I take that like a win ;). Good racing everyone!

What an epic race! So mad over that DSQ, wishing I was in it!

Just watched the start of the stream, there were three drivers who received penalties but they were not displayed for long. Saying that though, there should have been a symbol by your name on the leaderboard to show others you have a penalty, maybe you missed it?

• Sad
Reactions: BP
I did notice a few entries has a red "DT" next to their name near the start of the race, but I had no idea why. It would be a nice feature to add a Race Director to the engineer who could announce these penalties. It would aid in your not missing your own penalty, and explain what happened to your competition along the way. No fun when it's a mystery or has to be discovered watching the replay.

• Deleted member 387850

Wow, what a race! Qualified P9, finished P9 (Edit: P10), but that doesn't even begin to tell the story!

Early damage after contact with lapped traffic meant a long pitstop for repairs, decided not to take tyres and was really struggling approaching 60min. Ran wide one too many times and picked up a drive through, came out ahead of @Paul Glover who quickly dispatched me on his fresh rubber. I was never so glad to see rain forecast so I had an excuse to put new tyres on, even if they were wets! Some slow and steady driving saw me get back to P11. I was pushing as hard as I dared to get into the top 10 and on the last lap picked up a place as a car ahead fell victim to the weather.

Gotta say, in my opinion ACC just blows the competition out of the water (pardon the pun) for these scenarios. The focus and concentration required in those closing 20mins just made for such an immersive experience. I was in that car at Hungaroring for those closing laps!

Massive thanks to Paul for organising, was great to run against such a grid, and congrats to the podium and everyone who finished!

PS: @Julian___v we had contact when I was lapping you on the main straight, which left me with damage, and then you nailed me into Turn 1 a few laps later! Not sure if you missed your braking point, it happens us all, but it's worth having a bit more awareness of what's going on around you. If you cycle through the MFD to the "Gaps" screen you'll see who you're competing with around you and who is lapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Michael Rudolf
We had contact in the end? Didn't see you, but then again, i could not see anything :roflmao:
It was actually after the pit stop, came out behind you and tried to overtake, wasn't sure if you were holding against me or wanted to let me through :roflmao:, we had a little contact but no harm done

Was able to lead after wolf had problems with his wheel (And he still somehow won) and was leading for about 45-60 mins while having a battle with @Michael Rudolf . sadly that battle ended when a backmarker forgot to break and took as out at the same time.
Just watched the stream, didn't realize he took you out as well. Very unfortunate. Had a similar issue later, kind of ruined it for me. Epic fun until that moment though.

Well soon we will be releasing a race broadcast with commentary etc, as we have the OTCR stream file, however if we had the actual replay that would be absolutely ideal as we could do the 'proper' live broadcast with cameras and stuff. If no one has it, at least we can improvise with the original stream even though doing it that way isn't ideal.

• Deleted member 387850

Yep, would love to see the full replay! Also, is there anywhere to get the final results from your local ACC files? I looked in the Results directory but it only seems to be offline races in there.

It's my only minor complaint about ACC... after 90 mins fantastic racing you get rudely dumped into a FP session with no way to see the final classification or time to save the replay! Would be nice to have some kind of session summary.

Yep, would love to see the full replay! Also, is there anywhere to get the final results from your local ACC files? I looked in the Results directory but it only seems to be offline races in there.

It's my only minor complaint about ACC... after 90 mins fantastic racing you get rudely dumped into a FP session with no way to see the final classification or time to save the replay! Would be nice to have some kind of session summary.

I think I can save a results file on the server, thing is as it’s a club event it goes against RD rules to share.

With simracing.gp coming soon, all of that will change.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.