ACC GT World Challenge Europe Endurance @ Spa Francorchamps - Saturday 2nd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
In the future maybe I’m interested in such events. Where can I tune in for a broadcast of the live action from the race?

Good luck everybody with the race!

Yesterday, I had a great race with all of you.
Our world is living a weird period with this covid 19, and all I needed was to share a moment of respect and friendship.
I would like to thank all racers . Yesterday, your behavior have demonstrated how great simracing can be as a hobby.
I have heard some tension on teamspeak (I have choosen myself not to speak during races), but in my case all have been perfect and again I thank everybody for a PERFECT attitude during the race.
I hope you think the same about me :D (I was in the Bentley 7 , grren/orange at the back).

Simracing should be Always like that.

I have no problem during the race. I made it at my pace, Following my strategy.
I have been surprised to see that the multiplier was not x5, but only x3. (of course it is not a negative comment)
My tyres pressure have been to high during the second stint, because the track was hotter as expected due to the x3. I could not maintain my pace , which was better during the third stint with a little cooler track (in accordance with my tyre pressure from setup).

I finished the race 13 place, together with S.Catalin and M.Laggard after a very fair fight on the track.
I think I started the race with them after the qualification.
Once again it demonstrate the consistency and the serious race of the all field of simracers.

What a great evening yesterday.
Many many thanks to the organisation.

Last edited:
What a great event last night, I managed to qualify 13th and finish P9 on server 1. Thank you all for a clean race and to the back markers not causing me too much trouble.

I did have a squeaky bum moment when on my final lap in qualy a car spun in front of me just before bus stop chicane, hit the barrier and then started to come back on to the track. I kept my foot in like Cole Trickle and just about made it, but when I hit the chicane missed my gears and through away my time.

Very impressed with the speed of other drivers, I just could not compete with the 2:20's early in the race that some were able to do. My time was consistent and I only missed my breaking point once, a whole 2.4hrs and no spins!!! That is an incredible achievement for me, I loved every minute so thank you.

Now, to offer a couple of apologies.

I messed up the configuration of the race, it was at x3 multiplier where it should have been x5. I realised I had messed this up when it wasn't getting dark, I was looking forward to that too.

Also, it appears I messed up the event rules on server 2. I didn't make the tyre changes mandatory and someone gained an advantage and they were not gentlemanly, apologies as that's my fault that they did this. Give people the opportunity and they will take it.

Hopefully those two things do not sour what was still a great event.

Someone asked if we would do this again, we certainly will be. At this time I have planned which tracks, with the recent SRO announcement it will have to take place after the series has completed.

Be aware that my events will be moving to a Friday evening as to not clash with the SRO series, also I believe I will be working on it behind the scenes so won't be available.

Anyway, that is all from me. Hope you enjoyed it, sorry to those who didn't. It's frustrating as we tell people to take it easy into turn 1 etc and you still get someone who get's a little carried away.

See you at the next one.

Goodmorning guys, first of all, wow what a race! Thanks for organising RD, and especially Paul!

I was stunned by the quality of racing and the respect we had for eachother. I qualified P8 and finished P5 and I am very happy with that. The last hour or so I struggled with my brakes a lot, unfortunately I selected the wrong brake pads (1 instead of 2), and I learned the hard way about severe brake fading.

In the future when another such endurance event is organised I will sure try to attend again, had so much fun!

Reminder about the next two events coming up:

I'm really happy with the race I did, turns out my recent work might actually be paying off :D

BmCnQjr.jpg

IoFOSyQ.jpg

3VBIUyE.jpg

JFcdjYq.jpg

ebP0iTt.jpg

nizKmob.jpg

4BXIlTk.jpg

GDuxj40.jpg

ze4PCO8.jpg

eRnNg2L.jpg

Really great race:). This was longest race I ever driven and also best drive by me. the car felt amazing, it did everything I asked for and the track condition perfect as for my setup well. Only had one mistake in race and that was I lost the car on raidillon, eau rouge, luckily I managed to hold it off from walls. The tires got some flat spots, but surprising it was not that bad, and could stille post some good laps. the annoying thing with the mistake was could overtake P2, but @Mitja Bonca you were faster, had some problems in pit so you deserve P2. if only could give you some challenge

Here my code brown

unfortunately I selected the wrong brake pads (1 instead of 2), and I learned the hard way about severe brake fading.
I run 1 pads had no problems. brake pad 1 should hold up to 3 hours with no problems, but maybe it depends how you drive or staying in optimums temperature.:O_o: source https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/

thank you @Paul Glover for organizing and for everybody else for the good race:thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was my 1st race in ACC and it was fun. Quali went nice, never experienced to race on wet conditions. managed to start in 3rd position. The rolling start was a nice surprise to me :) Had a lot of battles with the top 6 guys, 40 minutes of constant fighting, someone hit me hard in T1, and then I got disconnected.
I was still racing 5-7 laps but I suddenly realized that I'm racing alone I saw the announcement of disconnect. I've quit the session but decided to rejoin just to see how other guys are doing.
And suddenly found that I can rejoin the race from pits. I went back to the track in 35th position and started to push hard. Managed to finish the only 25th with 70 liters onboard :)

Thanks Paul for the hosting.

Looking forward to racing with you again.

It was my 1st race in ACC and it was fun. Quali went nice, never experienced to race on wet conditions. managed to start in 3rd position. The rolling start was a nice surprise to me :) Had a lot of battles with the top 6 guys, 40 minutes of constant fighting, someone hit me hard in T1, and then I got disconnected.
I was still racing 5-7 laps but I suddenly realized that I'm racing alone I saw the announcement of disconnect. I've quit the session but decided to rejoin just to see how other guys are doing.
And suddenly found that I can rejoin the race from pits. I went back to the track in 35th position and started to push hard. Managed to finish the only 25th with 70 liters onboard :)

Thanks Paul for the hosting.

Looking forward to racing with you again.

Shame about the disconnect, since someone had an issue between qualy and race last week I have since allowed re-joins. Good that you did, just shows not all over until the fat lady sings.

Hi guys, just wanted to thank u for the race (server 2) and many thanks for the great organization. Bad qualification for me 26 but managed to finish 11th. See u in the next one. Ralf Nass

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.