ACC GT World Challenge Europe Endurance @ Spa Francorchamps - Saturday 2nd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I'm afraid I won't make it, I'm having trouble with really sporadic ACC input lag which makes driving incredibly frustrating. Hopefully resolved for next time, although I still don't know what's going on :)

Thx @Paul Glover for preparing the race. I decide to start from 35 position. After many laps and two pit stops I had a chance to finish the race between 15 and 10 position. But one of the drivers seeing blue flags , he hit me , and destroy my car. This is third time here in RD ACC Club when
somebody treated me like that and destroyed the race. When I see blue flag , I turn on the turn signal , I slow down and wait calmly when it passes me. Anyway my G25 lifes (is already 12 years old ) after that race , and my PC did not explode. I hope that next time no one will destroy my race

That was chaotic to say the least! Did about 15 laps practise this afternoon, but still wanted to take part. Was pleasantly surprised to make the first 3 rows in qualie. Had a decent first few laps, but got stuck behind William in the similar Bentley. However, after about 20 mins or so i had a moment at Eau Rouge and needed to pit to fix the damage. Made decent progress on my extra-long second stint, but was taken out by a backmarker in a McLaren in a very strange incident. (the lap before a Ferrari nearly piled into the back of me, but thankfully i saw him coming- he was a lap down too) Kept going and had a much better 3rd stint until a Drive-Through and found i didn't have enough fuel to see the finish line. Rookie mistakes, but i feel like at least now i'm better prepared for the next race at Spa!

Cheers Paul

Thx @Paul Glover for preparing the race. I decide to start from 35 position. After many laps and two pit stops I had a chance to finish the race between 15 and 10 position. But one of the drivers seeing blue flags , he hit me , and destroy my car. This is third time here in RD ACC Club when
somebody treated me like that and destroyed the race. When I see blue flag , I turn on the turn signal , I slow down and wait calmly when it passes me. Anyway my G25 lifes (is already 12 years old ) after that race , and my PC did not explode. I hope that next time no one will destroy my race

Sorry to hear that mate, challenge is these social/club races have rookies and experiened drivers.

Really enjoyed that guys, really hard work, can barely lift my beer now! Met my goal and then some too so very very happy with that.
If there is a full 24hr later in the year I am 100% in!

Thanks for that Paul, it was hard work but great fun. I had a mare with the pit stops, not enough fuel on one, then wets on the next and a blown tyre that they decided to put back on - so i had two hole laps limping around!!!.... So ended up with about 5 pit stops. Pace was better than my first race last time out and caught a few people before messing up the pit stop again (wets!!)!! I had a moment with someone going into the pits but I had a flat and really could get the car to turn at any kind of speed so was snailing it in when they dived passed me and took some damage - first time I've said anything on teamspeak, hope they heard my apology. I have a vr headset and the pitstops are a nightmare when you can't see the keyboard - any tips gratefully received!!

Had to retire due to a mechanical failure 50 min before the end
A real one related to the rig. Too bad, cause the race was a lot of fun.

I also enjoyed the daylight at night, felt like being in Norway without any drop in temperature.

I believe there were a couple of Aliens with their spacecrafts flying by, too.

Gentlemen - that was exceptional fun once again - only complaint, the race wasn't long enough!!! Could race these things for bloody hours.. amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Qualifying was interesting, starting in wet conditions then dried out and got much faster, but didn't manage to find a clean lap so started in P10.

Had a solid start, solid race, kept things really clean at a decent pace and managed to work my way up to 3rd in the end after some decent fights with a few people. The car I was racing in the early laps (sorry forgot who it was) drove a faultless defensive performance, really great driving!

Tried the undercut for the second stop, see if I could snatch 2nd, but was too far off the pace to really contend with the front 2 - so all in satisfied with my performance and the result.

Thank you to everyone who took part - it was an exceptional event - thank you!

Cheers as always to @Paul Glover for organising - much appreciated

Don't forget the next races at Suzuka (Thursday 7/5) and Zandvoort (Saturday 9/5) are already live - get signed up quick and let's have another big race day!!!

Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea