GT Sport GT Sport Update 1.03 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Updated.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport has been updated!

Polyphony Digital have been quick out of the blocks updating GT Sport following its much discussed release to PlayStation 4 earlier this month, and the new update does a good job of addressing some of the more pressing issues uncovered following the initial launch.

Controller and wheel support have also been addressed somewhat, with Thrustmaster getting a bit of love in the form a fix for the slightly annoying force feedback inconsistencies under certain conditions, plus a fix for the shifter recognition issue preventing some players from making use of their TH8A in game.

You can check out the full change log details below:

Release Notes

Main Features
  • Fixed an issue where participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior livery created with a custom color chip (a color chip created in the Livery editor) would result in the game crashing after the result screen.
  • Fixed an issue where excessive force feedback was applied when understeering using the THRUSTMASTER® T500RS steering controller.
  • Gran Turismo Sport update 1.03 addressed an issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A ‘H pattern shifter’ was not properly recognized when connected to a compatible steering wheel controller.
Other Improvements and adjustments
  • With Gran Turismo Sport version 1.03, the controller steering sensitivity of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been increased in order to improve handling during oversteering and drifting.
  • The adjustment range for a steering wheel controller’s force feedback has been broadened: it is now possible to decrease maximum torque on steering wheels with strong motor torque.
  • Gran Turismo Sport update 1.03 addressed Various other issues.
GT Sport is available for PlayStation 4 right now.

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

Do you like GT Sport? Happy with the new update? Is the game progressing to your satisfaction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've loved the Gran Turismo series ever since it came out way back in December 1997...
I was fully prepared for this to be a massive reason for me to finally buy a PS4... But...
It's lost almost all of the essence of what I loved about the Gran Turismo series.
And their phrase "The real driving simulator".... ermmmmmm no!
Beautiful visuals...
But visuals, in my opinion, should just be the icing on top of a gameplay / physics / FFB cake.

Even digging into the visuals yields flaws, I.e baked shadows, even to the point that if you pass under a gantry the AI has since passed, the same shadow is rendered on their roof. I mean in the hunt of that console 4k 60fps, at least make compromises to make it realistic whereby the sun actually moves across the sky

Else stop marketing it for something it's not.....

I’m quite surprised by GT Sport. The physics are tactile, the sounds are a massive improvement, and the visuals are amazing for a console game. If you’re looking for a simulator, buy a PC, but for a console title this is a must for any driving game enthusiasts.

I just wish there was more to the single player campaign...

I’m quite surprised by GT Sport. The physics are tactile, the sounds are a massive improvement, and the visuals are amazing for a console game. If you’re looking for a simulator, buy a PC, but for a console title this is a must for any driving game enthusiasts.

I just wish there was more to the single player campaign...
C'mon, you have AC and PC2 in consoles. You can do better than GT.

I played around in the Livery edit.
It works fine, but with weird stuff going on. Blinking decals in the editer that doesn't show up on the car after saving it, apparently there's still 280 decals left to use, if I understand the screen correctly, but this is Japanese so i might not lol. Way to many clicks to get from left up corner to down right corner. It's typical GT to have this kind of problems.

But I'm having fun with GTS, I do like the overall feel, sound and view..

Well my PS4 Pro arrived yesterday with a copy of GT Sport, must Say I'm loving it. Cracking little arcade game.

Never bother with a wheel, tried in the past on xbox 360 and PS3. I was bitterly disappointed, so now I Stick to a gamepad. Consoles are not really the place for a sim setup for that I stick to my PC Rift and motion rig ;-)

C'mon, you have AC and PC2 in consoles. You can do better than GT.

Had PC2 on PS4 and it wasn’t as enjoyable as GT Sport. Haven’t tried AC on PS4.

PC2 looked rough on PS4 compared to GT Sport, and the way it handled with a game pad was vastly inferior too. “Use a wheel then” I hear you say, but the majority of console players use a pad. I have my wheel for PC sims (including PC2) so I’m enjoying the best of both worlds.

PC2 looked rough on PS4 compared to GT Sport, and the way it handled with a game pad was vastly inferior too. “Use a wheel then” I hear you say, but the majority of console players use a pad.

Thats the “problem” with this games, people hope they feel like rFactor on their wheels, but they are aimed for console base players who use gamepads, and they do that great.

I tried Dirt4 on PS4 and it felt good enough with the pad, but everybody complains that is sh*t on pc.

Why comparing apples and oranges? AC excels in what it wants to be, and Gran Turismo excels in what it wants to be.Both want to be quite different things. I love them both, and Raceroom as a mark somewhere in the middle between the two. Comparing AC and GT is like comparing Volleyball and Basketball. Both games have a ball. Both have nets. Both are played on the same playfield. Both are played by teams of almost the same size. Still, both are two totally different games.

The motion control of cars via gamepad works fantastically, I never would have thought that a gamepad can control a car so well (make sure you have sensitivity to minimum). I am used to Fanatec stuff on PC. For consoles, I do not demand wheels, but good control nevertheless. And GT sets a benchmark for that. One of several benchmarks. The whole package presentation, looks, style, atmosphere, is top class. I enjoy it a lot.But then, I alspo enjoy an occaisonal match of Wipeout. Why not? Its good. And I'm an old guy.

But patch 1.03 has broken some things. The control buttons you had in running replays, are gone, I cannot interrupt the film once I got it started, have to let it run to the end. Screenshooting also is not possible anymore, therefore. Anyone else having this issue, too?

Nor is rF2. iR. AC. RR. PC1. PC2. You give some, you lose some, and a fool I call everybody who takes commercial adverts for truths. My most played driving sim is AC. Great driving it delivers indeed. It cals itself however "your racing simulator". But presenting race as an event, is extremely poor in AC.

Lets continue with this pointless but witty hairsplitting on adverts phrases, to show what clever Dicks we are! ;) Lets make sure that people take apples for oranges.

AC is one thing. GT is another thing. Both are great in what they forcus on wanting to be, and they do it well for sure. And that focus they have is not some commercial catchphrase, but a package that delivers something. And both deliver with blowing horns. Experiences. Illusions. Different kinds of, but both extremely enjoyable.

Variety is a bliss! ;) Choice is freedom.

Anyone else feel like the FFB is too strong? I have it on 1 and it still feels way too much for me. Logitech wheel btw

It was before the patch, even on the lowest setting it was very stiff. Now they fixed that on all wheels, I keep it now at 2 or 3 max Torque, feels light but detailed.
T300 wheel.

I've been enjoying GTSport a lot more than PC2 but my main gripe is when you go into a four wheel slide on tarmac, why does it sound like you've got a car full of wailing harpies around you? For all the work that has obviously gone into the sounds for this to slip through is a slip up IMO. Love the online ranking system though. This should be mandatory for EVERY racing sim software. Wish this structured/ranked system was in rF2 (@Marcel Offermans hint, hint ;)).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.