GT Sport GT Sport Update 1.03 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Updated.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport has been updated!

Polyphony Digital have been quick out of the blocks updating GT Sport following its much discussed release to PlayStation 4 earlier this month, and the new update does a good job of addressing some of the more pressing issues uncovered following the initial launch.

Controller and wheel support have also been addressed somewhat, with Thrustmaster getting a bit of love in the form a fix for the slightly annoying force feedback inconsistencies under certain conditions, plus a fix for the shifter recognition issue preventing some players from making use of their TH8A in game.

You can check out the full change log details below:

Release Notes

Main Features
  • Fixed an issue where participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior livery created with a custom color chip (a color chip created in the Livery editor) would result in the game crashing after the result screen.
  • Fixed an issue where excessive force feedback was applied when understeering using the THRUSTMASTER® T500RS steering controller.
  • Gran Turismo Sport update 1.03 addressed an issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A ‘H pattern shifter’ was not properly recognized when connected to a compatible steering wheel controller.
Other Improvements and adjustments
  • With Gran Turismo Sport version 1.03, the controller steering sensitivity of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been increased in order to improve handling during oversteering and drifting.
  • The adjustment range for a steering wheel controller’s force feedback has been broadened: it is now possible to decrease maximum torque on steering wheels with strong motor torque.
  • Gran Turismo Sport update 1.03 addressed Various other issues.
GT Sport is available for PlayStation 4 right now.

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

Do you like GT Sport? Happy with the new update? Is the game progressing to your satisfaction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Another pathetic and immature post playing "I've a bigger cock than you".

Grow up. Let people enjoy the games they want without trying to be an arse.
so, the truth is now " pathetic and immature " .:O_o:
How is it possible ?
truth is truth, no?

it's a simcade, and it is not an insult.
Automobilista is a sim ,call of duty is a First Person Shooter, zelda is a RPG etc...and PC2 is a simcade.
every game has its own classification.

Last edited:
I’m quite surprised by GT Sport. The physics are tactile, the sounds are a massive improvement, and the visuals are amazing for a console game. If you’re looking for a simulator, buy a PC, but for a console title this is a must for any driving game enthusiasts.

I just wish there were more in the single player campaign ...
But what do you say in ps4 you have pCARS 2 VS ASSETTO CORSA two winged simulators of an image editor, INCREDIBLE

Well the only thing I can contribute is that if “this” is what I’ve put up with that damned G29 for the past few years for Microsoft is finally going to get my console money.

Forza has my IRL car, GT no longer does. If they can get 7 to look like Horizon 3 I’m sold for at least 2 of the new XB1X’s and Sony had best tell Kaz where to go. I’ve been a dedicated GT fan since day one and this thing is a travesty not even worthy of a “prologue” title let alone any other designation than “pray the servers are up”.
If the FIA wants to run it let them, but let’s at least call it what it is... Yamauchi Kazunori saying screw you to any SP value at all. If this is the case in general at Sony nowadays I can predict they are going to get a THOROUGH pounding in the market this Holiday season, VR notwithstanding.
XBox One X is promising full backwards compatibility making my Son’s classic Sega GT/ Jet Set Radio Future playable again in addition to all the Forza titles. For the same to be true for PlayStation I need a minimum of 3 consoles now for the GT series and God only knows how many wheels/controllers now.
I’m out, Sony.

Well the only thing I can contribute is that if “this” is what I’ve put up with that damned G29 for the past few years for Microsoft is finally going to get my console money.

Forza has my IRL car, GT no longer does. If they can get 7 to look like Horizon 3 I’m sold for at least 2 of the new XB1X’s and Sony had best tell Kaz where to go. I’ve been a dedicated GT fan since day one and this thing is a travesty not even worthy of a “prologue” title let alone any other designation than “pray the servers are up”.
If the FIA wants to run it let them, but let’s at least call it what it is... Yamauchi Kazunori saying screw you to any SP value at all. If this is the case in general at Sony nowadays I can predict they are going to get a THOROUGH pounding in the market this Holiday season, VR notwithstanding.
XBox One X is promising full backwards compatibility making my Son’s classic Sega GT/ Jet Set Radio Future playable again in addition to all the Forza titles. For the same to be true for PlayStation I need a minimum of 3 consoles now for the GT series and God only knows how many wheels/controllers now.
I’m out, Sony.
Can't please everyone, I for instance have no interest in racing your car in my games, or just about any street car for that matter.

GTS is the best online racer on console, it's only bettered by iRacing, the daily scheduled races and FIA events are great, except I'd prefer the tracks changed weekly not daily. I really like fixed setups and BoP's (although the theory of BoP is flawed) it does level the playing field, you are beaten by the driver rather than a glitched setup.

I'm really enjoying it online and it suits my schedule well even though early on you will be faced with crashers until you get the safety rating up. It plays very well on a pad, I can get within 2 seconds of the fastest wheel times on an an avg 1:30 lap. What I'd like to see is better collision physics, you can't really lean on other cars and the cars lack weight with contact, a bit too bouncy.

I have AC and PC2 as well, AC has great physics and nice bumpy tracks and is my preferred drive but on a pad it's not good as GTS. AC is more driveable than GTS on the limit, to be fast at GTS you have to be super smooth, you cannot hussle the car.at all as you will lose so much time. PC2 has great features but racing the AI is still pointless (hopefully this will improve with time), AC AI is better and GTS has a much fuller experience online.

It's great to have the choice of all three, but at the moment GTS is the one I prefer, with AC for pure driving pleasure.

GTS is the best online racer on console, it's only bettered by iRacing, the daily scheduled races and FIA events are great, except I'd prefer the tracks changed weekly not daily. I really like fixed setups and BoP's (although the theory of BoP is flawed) it does level the playing field, you are beaten by the driver rather than a glitched setup.
When you guys say "fixed setups" are you talking about engine tuning and weight or are you saying you can't change spring rates, camber and ride height? Given that default cars for game pads usually push like a pig, that would be a deal breaker for me in any sim. In fact I won't drive any street cars in AC for exactly that reason. In RRE the first thing I do with a new car model is is drop the front spring rates by 2 clicks. (or increase the rear springs)

Is 'GT Sport' just another 'GT Prologue'...the preview game before the next major release.
No I don't think it is, it's a Gran Turismo game focused on the online gaming part more than anything else.
Poly has confirmed there will be DLC pushing the car count north of 400 in total over time.
But if you're looking for the classical career mode, it's not here this time around, not sure if it could and would be added with DLC but personally I don't care for it, I hope they add tons more tracks and gets a lot of official races with FIA.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back