GT Sport GT Sport Confirmed to Release "Fall 2017", New Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT sport Trailer Reveal E3 3.jpg

On again off again PlayStation 4 racing game Gran Turismo Sport will now be released during the fall of 2017 it has been confirmed at E3, with a new trailer released to mark the occasion.

Probably one of the most eagerly anticipated Gran Turismo releases since the franchise made its debut all the way back in 1997 on the original PlayStation console, GT Sport has been labelled as the most "ambitious undertaking" of the series so far, coming at something of a crossroads in the series franchise long and illustrious history under the control of Polyphony Digital.

As is expected of any AAA console racing game of the budget available to GT Sport, the new game looks set to be absolutely cram packed full of the biggest and best names of automotive and motorsport history, with the now obligatory Porsche licence secured alongside big hitters the likes of Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin and pretty much every notable performance car manufacturer the world over.

Much like the recently announced Forza Motorsport 7 game that made its public debut over at E3 in LA, GT Sport intends to ship within its target of 60fps in dynamic 4K with HDR effects. It is not known if these targets have yet been reached using the PlayStation 4 platform for the game, however with the experience and might of Sony and Polyphony Digital throwing in their combined expertise into the mix it should come as a surprise if this ambitious target is realised prior to the game shipping later this year.

As part of the E3 events programme the developers have revealed another new trailer of the game, this time showcasing yet more of those impressive graphics already revealed to the world over the last month and debuting the new games signature theme music to be used in GT Sport.

Check out the GT Sport 'Theme Music Trailer' below:

Moving away from the traditional stomping ground of car collection and career points grind, the new Gran Turismo title will be focusing on structured online multiplayer racing for the very first time. Coming as something of a move to replicate the incredibly popular iRacing model on PC, but with an offline single player element for good measure, it will be very interesting to see how long time supporters of the series take to this dramatic change in direction for a franchise very well established over a number of years with gamers across several generations of the PlayStation console.

This new game could prove to be something of a sink or swim experiment for Polyphony and the Grand Turismo franchise. Only time will tell how successful it will be...

Gran Turismo Sport will release exlusively for Sony PlayStation 4 during the fall of 2017.

GT sport Trailer Reveal E3 2.jpg
GT sport Trailer Reveal E3 4.jpg
GT Sport Trailer Reveal E3.jpg

To keep abreast of all the news and discussions regarding the hotly anticipated Gran Turismo Sport release don't forget to check out our Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and join in with the community eagerly anticipating the next blockbuster release from Polyphony Digital.

Looking forward to GT Sport coming out? Can the franchise return to its previous glory? Will you be picking up a copy once it releases later this year? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Smoke and mirrors.
Lovely high quality videos.
Gameplay nowhere near...
Still, it will sell millions of copies.
Lovely high quality marketing.
Nothing wrong with that.
Sadly, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed...
Just like the last two games..
Remember them?

First of all, the videos are all in-game footage, so what you see is what you get. GT Sport happens to be the only game to presently use HDR and wide color gamut. Any idea what those are? Look and you shall find.

Second, whether you've tried it or not is not important, as your impression is subjective (to say the least, in your case). But what loss is it to you that it sells millions or even billions of copies? Are you this vocal about arms sales too? Or cigarettes? Or abortions?

You don't actually worry at all about not sounding like a GT franchise hater in pure form. Microsoft employee? Or just going through teenagehood's normal ups and downs?

Last edited:
They dedicated approximately 5 seconds of a 3+ minute trailer to in car footage. And well over half of the video looked like canned video clips. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.

GTS looks way superior to any Forza in the important track details (surface+kerbs).
But to be honest, either series failed to deliver the correct feel for ANY track surface while driving. It's worth nothing if the product looks like a million bucks but drives like the last five iterations.
PS: To the delusional people that believe GT Academy uses GT to teach racing, get a grip, would you? GT academy is a Nissan program with a powerful marketing bond with PD, every single one of the gamers promoted to driver student arrive there clueless and learn everything working with cars and instructors.

Are you this vocal about arms sales too? Or cigarettes? Or abortions?
+
Yes I am.
I respectful suggest you calm down.
This is a video game for children.
What you have suggested above, in my view, is very offensive, personal, and unacceptable in video game forum.
The video above is not, 'in-game footage'.
It is footage taken from replays of 'in-game' footage, highly processed by a PS4 Pro, and then reprocessed on a PC with an editing program.
Now, if you do not understand that, well, you are a sales-person's wet-dream...
Could you tell me exactly where did I state, 'I hate the game'. Thus, me becoming a 'hater'...
Where exactly?
My comment was about the nice video.
And it is a nice video.
For your information, not that I have to explain anything to someone as offensive as yourself, I have a PS3 here in this room with me, and copies of every GT game on the shelf above me. PS1 also on the shelf, and a PS4 Pro downstairs. Oh, and a Xbox 1 behind me. Oh, a very, very powerful PC next to me.
IMac's in all bedrooms, and several old mac's in the loft.
I don't do 'brand' loyalty, I buy what works.
You need to get out of your bedroom more often; I do not work for Microsoft or anyone.
I am retired, at 50.
Are you?
No, you're still working in a dead-end job...
How dare you bring 'arm sales' and 'abortions' into a discussion about a child's video game.
What a lovely insight into the inner workings of your mind...
Very strange.

But to be honest, either series failed to deliver the correct feel for ANY track surface while driving. It's worth nothing if the product looks like a million bucks but drives like the last five iterations.
PS: To the delusional people that believe GT Academy uses GT to teach racing, get a grip, would you? GT academy is a Nissan program with a powerful marketing bond with PD, every single one of the gamers promoted to driver student arrive there clueless and learn everything working with cars and instructors.

Yeah I was just talking about the visuals.

I couldn't give a rats hairy crack about MP so does anyone have any info on what the SP side of the game will be like. I know they are drastically changing it from the drive to earn credits to get go faster bits/new car to win more races and get more credits and so on, which is a good thing but just wondering what it will be.

WOW graphic are just amazing compare to Forza 7
These are the types of screenshots and cinematic videos that Polyphony Digital has always relied on to trick people into believing the game actually looks like that when you play it. Then you buy the game, start playing and say to yourself what's with the low resolution and jagged edges everywhere, and why do all of the cars sound like vacuum cleaners?!?!

Here's another great looking cinematic video, however I don't believe for a second that the actual gameplay looks like this.

Last edited:
+
Yes I am.
I respectful suggest you calm down.
What you have suggested above, in my view, is very offensive, personal, and unacceptable in video game forum.
The video above is not, 'in-game footage'.
It is footage taken from replays of 'in-game' footage, highly processed by a PS4 Pro, and then reprocessed on a PC with an editing program.
Now, if you do not understand that, well, you are a sales-person's wet-dream...
Could you tell me exactly where did I state, 'I hate the game'. Thus, me becoming a 'hater'...
Where exactly?
My comment was about the nice video.
And it is a nice video.
For your information, not that I have to explain anything to someone as offensive as yourself, I have a PS3 here in this room with me, and copies of every GT game on the shelf above me. PS1 also on the shelf, and a PS4 Pro downstairs. Oh, and a Xbox 1 behind me. Oh, a very, very powerful PC next to me.
IMac's in all bedrooms, and several old mac's in the loft.
I don't do 'brand' loyalty, I buy what works.
You need to get out of your bedroom more often; I do not work for Microsoft or anyone.
I am retired, at 50.
Are you?
No, you're still working in a dead-end job...
How dare you bring 'arm sales' and 'abortions' into a discussion about a child's video game.
What a lovely insight into the inner workings of your mind...
Very strange.

You need a life. And a spine. Especially if you change your opinion this easily about something. If you're clueless as to what that is, read both your comments again. :)

Oh, and we are all entitled to an opinion, even if that goes against someone else's. You don't seem to get that. Don't get offended that easily when you, in turn, can offend by simply expressing yours. Thinking your opinion doesn't offend is, of course, YOUR opinion again, and not an absolute, objective, truth. As for the choice to take any outside opinion as "personal", it entirely belongs to you, as a poster on a public forum. You have a PS4 Pro? And an XBOX1? And a powerful PC? AND iMacs in ALL bedrooms? And you reckon I need to get out of my bedroom more often? No wonder you got it wrong, with an iMac in each one. :whistling:

With all sincerity, you successfully continue to emulate the behavior of a pretty confused teenager.

Last edited:
Remember, there are kids in every racing game. If you can't accept that, you have serious issues. How else is the racing community, which is very small in comparison to others, going to grow if you do not even accept the youth? It's ridiculous to be honest.

+

child's video game.

Not getting involved in the argument but can't leave this go un commented on. Games are NOT "for children", games are for everyone. And racing games like this tend to be aimed at older people. Arguably stuff like Mario Kart is "aimed" at kids but many adults love that style of play (not me though).

Edit: Seriously? this makes you "angry"?? Why?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back