GT Sport GT Sport | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Headlines New Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
New Cars! Legendary track! Zero cost! Yes, GT Sport has been updated!

That's right, Polyphony Digital have released a brand new update for their PS4 exclusive GT Sport racing game, and with the new update is a most impressive new addition to the title - the legend that is the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps... and in traditional Spa style, the new track also includes some wet weather track action.

I'll have to admit I had some doubts about GT Sport when it first released all the way back in 2017 - sceptical about the lack of base content compared to previous Gran Turismo games, and lacking the now traditional long and occasionally frustrating career mode that has been the basis of many a teenagers wasted weekend in front of the controller.

However, each passing month proves those initial doubts wrong, with seemingly endless updates and free content releases having been deployed to the title over the last couple of years - very quickly bringing the game up to par with more traditional GT games in terms of size and depth... which is pretty impressive considering the starting point for the game back in October 2017.

GT Sport Update 1.jpg

New for this month, Polyphony Digital have brought four interesting new cars to the game. With a nod to the increasing interest in electrification, the confusingly named Porsche Taycan Turbo S makes a debut in the franchise - Porsche’s first full production EV.

Balancing the new with the old, the legendary Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL AMG of 1970's fame also makes an appearance in build 1.47 - adding one of the more unusual and decidedly spectacular race cars from the German brand to GT Sport - a sure fire fan favourite once players work out how to balance the excessive understeer and body roll into something workable on the track.

Also new for the latest update is the Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce for modern performance, and the Mazda Demio XD Touring '15, for... well... I'm not sure really.

GT Sport Update 2.jpg

Of course new cars are nice, but to be honest the headline from this build just has to be the incredible Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. A track that should be in every racing game, Spa returns to the Gran Turismo franchise today, but with a twist... for the first time in GT Sport, this track will launch with an alternative wet weather variant. Adding another driving element into the mix, the wet version of Spa (GT Sport doesn't have dynamic weather) is a nice move by Polyphony, and should again prove to be a popular inclusion into the franchise for fans of the game.

GT Sport Update 3.jpg

GT Sport is available exclusively for PS4 now.

If you want to stay in touch with the Gran Turismo racing community, head over to the GT Sport sub forum here at RaceDepartment,

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

...and the Mazda Demio XD Touring '15, for... well... I'm not sure really.

Funny that's your take on it; I have the exact opposite stance. Of all the cars in the update, that's literally the only one that interests me in the least.

Then again, I don't play GT Sport much at all, but still. The little touring car would probably be a lot of fun to race in a pack. The rest of the cars are offer are quite... meh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back