Gt omega wheel stand with fanatec clubsport shifter

Hello,
I would like to ask any of you who have the same hardwares, how you manage to mount the fanatec clubshifter with the gt omega wheel stand using the gear mount v.2. The official response I got from gt omega was to mount the shifter using only the two out of four holes of the shifter!! So my actual question is, is it safe to mount the shifter with only two screws?

Thanks in advance

Sorry I do not have that shifter but i have the same wheel stand. my th8a shifter is only mounted by 2 screws as well as my tx wheel base. So i think 2 screws should be fine.
Thanks for your response.
Apparently it is safe to mount the shifter with only two screws. I tested my self and it is pretty solid. Although it will be better to use 4 screws instead of 2. Time will tell!!
May i ask you which wheel do you use with gt omega wheel stand and how the stand performs about stability? I am using the CSL elite v. PS4 and its to strong for this stand. Its not so stable!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response.
Apparently it is safe to mount the shifter with only two screws. I tested my self and it is pretty solid. Although it will be better to use 4 screws instead of 2. Time will tell!!
May i ask you which wheel do you use with gt omega wheel stand and how the stand performs about stability? I am using the CSL elite v. PS4 and its to strong for this stand. Its not so stable!
I'm using a thrustmaster tx wheel. the stand is somewhat stable but I think I will be adding 1 or 2 bars to add to the stability. There is a little too much side to side movement for my taste.

Upvote 0
Hello,
I would like to ask any of you who have the same hardwares, how you manage to mount the fanatec clubshifter with the gt omega wheel stand using the gear mount v.2. The official response I got from gt omega was to mount the shifter using only the two out of four holes of the shifter!! So my actual question is, is it safe to mount the shifter with only two screws?

Thanks in advance
I have the GT Omega Art version, and mine is mounted using three bolts, which seems to be stable enough, and as you can see from the picture, the handbrake is also bolted to the shifter as well, so effectively they're both mounted on the shifter plate.
If you have the feeling that two bolts aren't enough, simply mark and then drill extra holes in the mounting plate to fit the shifter. It's only made of mild steel, a normal hardmetal drillbit is easily capable of boring holes in the plate, but use a centre punch to mark the centre, to stop the drillbit wandering. :thumbsup:
IMG_0417.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interested in getting the Fanatec CSS to replace my TH8A. I was wondering if the holes on the bottom of the CSS matched the holes found on Fanatec's Clubsport Shifter Table clamp? If so, then if the CSS sat too high on the Apex stand for my liking, I'd get a table clamp and use it as an adapter so the CSS would sit in about the same place that the TH8A does. Even if I need to do some modifications to the shifter deck, it would be worth it to keep the shifter in the same spot.

If anyone has both the shifter and the GTO Apex stand, I would love to see some pics of how it looks from a front dead center view point, if that isn't too much to ask. Thanks.

Digging around the internet I found the GTOmega Apex assembly guide. On the last page it shows that the Fanatec CSS uses all 4 holes. That's good to see. Maybe my over wrought idea of using the CS Table clamp as an adapter will work. Also my Apex stand has all 4 of those holes. So it's looking good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes