AC GT Multiclass @ Bathurst - Sunday 17th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First of all I'd like to sincerely apologise to Frej, that was a particularly braindead move from me and I have no excuse. My apologies, hope it didn't affect you too much :coffee:

Congrats to the podiums! Unlucky @HF2000 on the damage, I've done exactly the same thing after getting pole here and was mad depressed afterwards, don't let it get to you. That was a really dominant pole and the next one will come :thumbsup:

From my side, actually felt ok most of the race, but the last 20 minutes was nausea town. I'm pretty sure a VR race on Mount Panorama is not what the doctor ordered...

Congrats to @Interslice on the GT4 win!

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211017-DV7

VR onboard:

Last edited:
The issue with the server at the start was a pity, did anyone else got a drive through penalty out of it?

Very challenging combo bathurst and multiclass, happy with my 3rd place (especially after the DT), well done everyone! :thumbsup:

This was probably the best race I've had from quali to finish.

I was able to get away from the odd start cleanly and avoid the carnage of T1 to put myself into p7. I was alone for the first half of the first stint then the GT4 overtakes were much welcome "obstacles." I went into the race with the mindset to not pass on the top of the hill as the straights supplied plenty of room for overtaking. Not sure how much this negatively affected my race outcome but this being a club event I tried not to worry so much.

The second stint was much like the first and had a good challenge defending against Bart for p5. Managed to put the nose into the wall on the last lap... :( On the other hand, I was able to get out of the way for Chris and Dmitry and still finish p6. Overall, not bad, and with a consistency of over 97%, I'm absolutely chuffed with myself! :D

Congrats to the podiums and thanks @Interslice for organizing! Hopefully, see you all next week...it'll be my first race in VR so we'll see how it goes. Needless to say, I'm very excited! :D:cool:

Results : Bathurst Results

Quick edit** -- Great job to all the GT4 cars I was behind navigating the top of the hill! You all kept your lines and were predictable. I hope I wasn't causing too much stress being close and not overtaking.

Last edited:
What a night!

First things first: last month I thought my PC had caused that weird start in Bremgarten, and then my freezing/spinning taking out @Fiberoptix from the race (apologized him!) but tonight we had the same issue and now it definitvely was not my PC's (new one) fault.

Having that previous experience in mind, I just kept going, pushing and suddenly I was in the middle of loads of cars spinning at T1. Did my best to pass it through clear and then, climbing the hill, another mess. Clean again. For my surprise, at the end of lap 1, Jim says to me on the radio "P3"! I couldn't believe! Hahaha! And then a red Masseratti started to push me very hard (@Fiberoptix again?!) and I tried my best to keep him in his place, and after some 5 laps, we were joined by another Cayman which quickly passed both of us, not before on approaching of T1, I was kind of the stuffing of the sandwich between Masseratti and Cayman. The latter passed us and few laps latter I was P2 don't know why. And then... Jim at the radio at perhaps lap 13 says: "P1". I couldn't believe it! I started to say aloud here, my wife definitely thinks now I'm crazy.

By that time I was already about to pit, but I had to hear that again. Was able to hear for a second lap the nice and beautiful "P1" and then I had to refuel (with zero point something in the tanks...) by half of the race. Of course I couldn't keep it up with Tim's pace after he overtook me in my pit stop, but I was really happy to keep the race kinda of clean (again, couple of kisses at the very same wall of McPhillamy Park) and at that point was P7. Inclusive once a GT3 exactly there, due to my kiss, ended up touching my car, and I did my best to keep oriented right, which I did.

By the way, I think twice I've ended up kissing at McPhillamy and @Fiberoptix tried to take advantage of this, but I think we went till the very limit of the fair race. And I had to take the opportunity to have someone faster than me pushing me up and holding as much as I could, aware that eventually he would overtake me at the pits. Was a very important experience. Thank you! =)

From there, tried to bring the Cayman back home, no further kissing, and for some spinning of one guy (Nielsen?) and another pit stop, I could keep the P5 until the end. Definitely tonight showed me how important is the consistency over speed (if you have both great... not my case so I'm pushing the former). Funiest race ever! And the gap is decreasing...

Thank you all!

That was another terrible race for me, and probably most of the GT4 field, so perhaps we all upset the fat controller this time.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I was really looking forward to my battle with Han, I have pretty good pace on average around here, so it would have been a great mind game, especially throwing in passing GT3 cars.
I spent the whole race chasing, with no sign of Han, little did I realise Han was out of the race ages ago.:confused:

Could not get a good qualifying lap, due to traffic, but still got an ok time knowing what the start line is like decided it was good enough.:)

Little did I know it was a repeat of the server shutting down momentarily.
Same as the mini race , right to the back of the field, bugger.:(

loads of accidents, I just had to take risks to get by, such a narrow track.
I had about 4 off’s in this race, so it was just battling all the way.
Got to striking distance of Brian, only to be hit by a spinning GT4 car, sometimes the harder you try the worse it becomes.:):):(

Great race @Interslice , well done on the win, and to Chris for his GT3 victory.

Just one point, found I had a number of instances that really were not a GT3 problem, you just never knew if they were going to go for a rash overtake or not, irrespective of where they were on this circuit.
Especially on the mountain section, It is hard to drive flat, and constantly look in your mirrors, and that is what you felt you had to do.:(

Last edited:
The issue with the server at the start was a pity, did anyone else got a drive through penalty out of it?

Very challenging combo bathurst and multiclass, happy with my 3rd place (especially after the DT), well done everyone! :thumbsup:
I think the next time, if a similar lag on start happens we better restart the race. I had no clue about the mess behind, I thought Aki got a false-start and was teleported to pits when I didn't see him behind after the lag. He took a big beating down there

Just one point, found I had a number of instances that really were not a GT3 problem, you just never knew if they were going to go for a rash overtake or not, irrespective of where they were on this circuit.
Especially on the mountain section, It is hard to drive flat, and constantly look in your mirrors, and that is what you felt you had to do.:(
For a track like this, there probably needs to be some kind of filter for the top class. Or people who sign up should take it more seriously and make sure they can drive without being a menace before entering the event. Some GT3 cars could barely stay on the track by themselves, let alone safely run through a field of slower class cars

That was another terrible race for me, and probably most of the GT4 field, so perhaps we all upset the fat controller this time.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I was really looking forward to my battle with Han, I have pretty good pace on average around here, so it would have been a great mind game, especially throwing in passing GT3 cars.
I spent the whole race chasing, with no sign of Han, little did I realise Han was out of the race ages ago.:confused:

Could not get a good qualifying lap, due to traffic, but still got an ok time knowing what the start line is like decided it was good enough.:)

Little did I know it was a repeat of the server shutting down momentarily.
Same as the mini race , right to the back of the field, bugger.:(

loads of accidents, I just had to take risks to get by, such a narrow track.
I had about 4 off’s in this race, so it was just battling all the way.
Got to striking distance of Brian, only to be hit by a spinning GT4 car, sometimes the harder you try the worse it becomes.:):):(

Great race @Interslice , well done on the win, and to Chris for his GT3 victory.

Pity you guys had all the bad luck, it would have been interesting to see if I could keep up as you squabbled with each other! Probably not.. :)

I think the next time, if a similar lag on start happens we better restart the race. I had no clue about the mess behind, I thought Aki got a false-start and was teleported to pits when I didn't see him behind after the lag. He took a big beating down there

I'll look into the restart option. Another option is the gentleman's rolling start. The lag thing hasn't been an issue until now, on sunday's GT, as the grids have been small. Going forward with winter and the championship, it could be. I'll sort it out one way or another.

For a track like this, there probably needs to be some kind of filter for the top class. Or people who sign up should take it more seriously and make sure they can drive without being a menace before entering the event. Some GT3 cars could barely stay on the track by themselves, let alone safely run through a field of slower class cars

I'm not going to force anyone's hand, but I think there was probably a few GT3 guys tonight who would have had alot more control over a cayman and benefited more from running it. There is alot to learn on the mountain!

From the GT3 perspective I can see how you’d feel this way. There were a few instances where I knew I’d either; out brake, carry more speed, or otherwise disturb a GT4’s line. I desperately tried to stay behind the GT4’s through the mountain section but I may have failed to not cause undo stress.

My concerns led me to watching the review and just before halfway I passed Lars on the inside at Skyline. Not sure if it was my move or additional pressure from another GT3 from behind but they were forced into the run-off. Knowing Bathurst it could be many things but I hope it wasn’t my actions that caused any frustration to Lars.

Perhaps I should give the GT4 class a try one Sunday. I don’t feel much worry for the Audi when I’m in the MX5…maybe the faster cars make it that much more bothersome? :geek:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%